• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct S2 - TJ Combo reveal, Cinder tease.

Skab

Not a fan of the redesign, but at least they can't mess up Cinder... right?

We were having a conversation about this over in the OT. I wouldn't expect him to simply be a man on fire like he was in the original. That will probably be his classic costume.

Bog

Junior Ace
This is still my favorite XB1 Game...... Period.

Damn, I didn't believe it until you put the "Period." on the end. Well, I mean after the 6 periods before that.

Does this have a true single player mode yet? I could use something to play on my Xbone.

T.O.P

Banned
2kaXJc7.png

can't wait for Cinder to come back

TJ looks out of place. Like you can tell a new developer has taken over. He just seems like he is missing that "style" that every fighter from season 1 seemed to have.

With that said, I play this game for enjoyment first. So as long as he plays good, I dont care how he looks.

Skab

Maybe it hit a bump due to the dev transfer?

Probably. I also kind of wonder if they didn't think it wasn't quite worth their time yet, with there only being like 9 tracks (8 character themes and the main theme) with season one. Maybe they're holding off until season 2 stuff is out?

TJ looks out of place. Like you can tell a new developer has taken over. He just seems like he is missing that "style" that every fighter from season 1 seemed to have.

With that said, I play this game for enjoyment first. So as long as he plays good, I dont care how he looks.

For what it's worth, people who played him at E3 have said he is one of the most fun to play as in the game so far.

We were having a conversation about this over in the OT. I wouldn't expect him to simply be a man on fire like he was in the original. That will probably be his classic costume.
Cinder is such a basic looking character to me. He's pretty much just the Human Torch. I hope they do to him what they did to Spinal.

Shredderi

Probably. I also kind of wonder if they didn't think it wasn't quite worth their time yet, with there only being like 9 tracks (8 character themes and the main theme) with season one. Maybe they're holding off until season 2 stuff is out?

That actually could be it. I'm just impatient as I am part of the I-want-everything-right-now generation :D

iMerc

i'm impressed.

more KI is always good, even though that's not the TJ combo i remember.
can't wait for cinder. yay.

just wish they would stop all this season crap and release the damn full game at retail. KI deserves a physical retail release.

NEO0MJ

Didn't Double Helix already start work on Season 2 before Amazon bought them? Chances are Iron Galaxy didn't start from scratch on him.
Also, regarding season 2. Will it start with a single character or a bunch from the start?

Camjo-Z

Cinder is such a basic looking character to me. He's pretty much just the Human Torch. I hope they do to him what they did to Spinal.

Maybe they'll play up the convicted criminal backstory from KI1 and give him a singed prison outfit instead of just being naked.

Skab

Didn't Double Helix already start work on Season 2 before Amazon bought them? Chances are Iron Galaxy didn't start from scratch on him.
Also, regarding season 2. Will it start with a single character or a bunch from the start?

Double Helix had nothing done on Season 2. IG put Combo together in 6 weeks to have him ready for E3. (They have also stated that he was going to have more work done on him and his moves.)

There as actually an article about this just on SRK earlier today http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/09/iro...drawing-board-to-showroom-floor-in-six-weeks/

Delt31

KI is the reason I have an xbox one. Seriously I have no other games as i already have a ps4. Basically I paid 500 for KI - diehard.

Cinder is definitely going to have some dramaticness to him, I already expect it. But I hope it ends up being something amazing.

NEO0MJ

Delt31

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

Why not pick up Crimson Dragon? While I don't own an X1 but if I did those two would have been the games I'd own.

I heard about that and was going to but it got such bad reviews, I decided not to....

Rlan

My only real frustration with the trailer for Combo is that it lacks the awesomeness of the other trailers. It's rather basic, you can see the "gamey" slow motion between animations, etc. The Spinal, Orchid, and Fulgore Trailers were fucking slick and hell. I don't know if Double Helix did them internally or not.

I don't think it's been revealed. Probably something like 4 characters at launch and then 4 "coming soon"

I don't think it's been revealed. Probably something like 4 characters at launch and then 4 "coming soon"

I think that's a good guess. It will definitely be more than one but they have less time to work on S2 before launch compared to the first season so I would expect less than S1's debut. I think people are used to the idea of the characters releasing one at a time now so they're probably more confident in releasing more of them that way as well.

Is this the art direction of the new company?

Yep.

It's only $20 for all of the characters from season 1 if you don't care about the OG KI or the alternate costumes. How cheap are you looking to get it for?

Was hoping to get it for 5/10. I know MS mailed out Combo Breaker codes to loyal members. sadly I didn't get one despite having a Xbox since the original one. Despite the codes 'expiring" I hear they still work.

I did get a VIP badge on XboxRewards though, Lol

10Years_1.png

*Edit*

Can't do the Gamestop thing as I work at 8AM, I got $5 from last week though.

I'll keep my eye on the B/S/T thread to see if anyone is selling.

*EDIT 2 !!!*

Holy Fucking Shit, Just got a ULTRA code Add-On code by searching on twitter and deciphering the missing characters

https://twitter.com/Avibm/status/484737726839672832

Being drunk and avoiding doing work reports really pays off!

Add me for free noob kills

GT - tokyostomp

Top Bottom