• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

RedAssedApe

Banned
why are there pics of drew barrymore in here? lol

since we are throwing in all these weird comparisons. some parts reminded me of toshinden tracy:

Tracy_bat3.jpg

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Tch - guess I'll actually will be considering buying this and the XBone. Looks great and Orchid being in only makes it better.

WolvenOne

The ghost white skin/glowing eyes and controlling spiders/webs and living in a cave full of other spider ladies and giant spiders makes me think there isnt any real stock in her name being from a region and having her skin tone match.

You mean living in a cave with a bunch of ladies wearing sexualized Burqas, whom also look Caucasian despite the obvious call outs to certain ethnicities and cultures?

Yeah, I don't know why I would find that strange at all. 9_9

Man, the character designs keep getting worse, holy shit. You got Thunder with bird shit all over his face,Glacius looking like a Cg student project and sexy Orchid looking like a reject out of Borderlands. Dig the new girl...BTW, the sounds in this game are top notch.

I disagree.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thank god for Orchid reveal. Also, hurray for Double Helix being able to make good female faces unlike another certain Western fighting game developer.

Looking good! This and Crimson Dragon are the only next-gen titles I'll probably buy come November...and I'm getting both consoles at launch.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Good to see maskless Sadira and Orchid's face, much better than NRS efforts there.

I am curious to see who the last 2 are. I feel like it's Cinder and Fulgore.

dookeh

Thank god for Orchid reveal. Also, hurray for Double Helix being able to make good female faces unlike another certain Western fighting game developer.

Everything about this game is head and shoulders above MK9 (especially the art). Which is ridiculous when you compare the development time and budgets I'm sure...

Delt31

She's an agent, right? Those are nightvision or scout.

what? She needs to wear goggles on her head while fighting people? It just seems so unnecessary. I think the worst part is that I love the design without it. Not sure why they forced putting goggles on her head. That to me looks like an alt outfit accessory not the main No?

Delt31

GREAT MOVE with taking off the mask on the new character. It really helps with disassociating from the MK universe.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
what? She needs to wear goggles on her head while fighting people? It just seems so unnecessary. I think the worst part is that I love the design without it. Not sure why they forced putting goggles on her head. That to me looks like an alt outfit accessory not the main No?

Eh does that matter, you fight (or do any sports etc as longs it's safe) in what your comfortable with. It's not like it's hindering her in any great degree.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thread needs more Tracy pictures! *ahem*

Really, even the comparisons to "This is what she reminds me of" are much better than anything I could say for an MK girl. Likin' this new Orchid already. And I like the goggles.

As many years as NR has had to get females right... DH has done a much better job already for me, lol. Different styles... but I'm glad to find this one more appealing, even at this early stage.

Akainu

All the new character designs are leagues ahead of the old ones. Orchid in the old KIs was wearing a 1 piece swimsuit, I dont see how this new design is worse.
Kids kids they're both just awful.

I haven't been keeping up is the pausing after each attack just a trailer thing?

Drayco21

Sadira and Orchid both look great- Double Helix designs continue to be leaps and bounds better than the classics (Well, in Orchid's case, anyway), and Sadira looks like a lot of fun- her air emphasis and webs are giving me strong Spider-Man Mahvel vibes, so I hope that she's fun. Won't be getting an Xbone for a while (rolling PS4 into the new generation and can't afford both at launch), but when I do get one, I can't wait to dive into KI- hopefully a few more new characters get added in DLC. Maybe make Riptor or Cinder one of the two upcoming DLC characters with a new character and use Fulgore and TJ Combo to anchor the second batch of characters.

stream should be starting in like 10-15 minutes.

I'm guessing the two other characters for season one will be spinal and fulgore.

Mista Koo

Mmm, seeing as I have a OC named Sadira, whom is also an "exotic badass," well I'm somewhat displeased by THIS Sadira. D:

Kinda a weird character though. The name is Northern African / Middle eastern, and her outfit would seem to reinforce this fact. Despite that, she looks, veeeeeery Caucasian to me. Granted, from what little I've gathered, Killer Instinct has never really put too much effort into that sort of, uh, cultural authenticity.
According to multiple sources and censuses Arabs are Caucasian.
Also it seems that her skin is designed to be pale rather than light.

MattXIII

I called this. Fulgore is going to be released in March when the story mode is released. Makes sense as he is the most vital character in the KI story.

good point! makes sense

Sadira and Orchid looking hawt XD - Glad to see KI ladies aren't suffering from man-face syndrome

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Cinder and Fulgore then for DLC? Fulgore and some new character?

Poor Riptor :(

Hopefully it does well and they add Riptor :(

Maybe TJ Combo and no Cinder? Pretty sure I'm not gonna get Riptor :(

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Fulgore and Cinder pls

Look, this game is the most extreme version of mid-90s "cool" that ever existed. In fact, it may have been so mid-90s cool that it actually killed the entire thing.

We all know that Riptor is the most blatant example of mid-90s cool.

"Hey Jurrasic Park is popular, how can we cash in on that?"
"genetically modified raptor who fights and wears arm bands"
"Lets call him RIPTOR!"

He needs to be in here for the circle to be complete.

RIPTOR, RIPTOR, RIPTOR

Sadira looks way better without the mask, and her playstyle is amazing. She would definitely cause me to want an X1 just to play as her.

Also, happy that the faces of both Sadira/Orchid are pretty great. And I think the next characters will be TJ Combo and Fulgore.

Jarlaxle

Im going to go out on a limb next characters will be Spinal and Tusk

yeah I said it Tusk!

If they decide to represent someone from KI2 in the inital season (and I hope they don't) I'd rather it be Kim Wu.

Still holding out hope for Fuglore and Spinal. Fulgore was all over the covers of KI and Spinal was on the cover of Killer Cuts. I wouldn't mind waiting for the rest next season.

Dukey

Banned
The way her hood sits on her head looks stupid in the game and character select. Her voice is just grating.

shaolinx1

Banned
Wow! That new vid REALLY got me excited about this game - at $20 this is a day one for me.

Also - I thought Spinal, Cinder and Fulgore were already confirmed by the devs early on? What happened to that?

Really happy about Orchid!

jbug617

Banned
So the costumes have different accessories for them and you can change the accessories to your liking. My guess you can take off the goggles then.

Top Bottom