• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Can this game run on a 750ti?

It's runs on a Surface Pro 4. So yeah.

I think I'm going to wait for Kilgore to go on sale when the next character gets released.

I feel like I shouldn't need to spend $14AU on one character when I've already put over $150AU into this game.

https://www.ultra-combo.com/ultimates/

Will every character get Ultimates?

At this time, only a handful of characters will be receiving Ultimates. How many exactly? 15 characters. This does not include Shadow Jago who already has an Ultimate.

Will I have to pay for Ultimates?

No. Ultimates will be free for EVERYONE. As we discussed how to best release Ultimates, their cost, and their availability, Ken Lobb took over the conversation and before anyone else could get a word in edgewise he proclaimed, ”Ultimates are a part of the original KI, and came with the game when you put your quarter in the machine. They MUST be included for free." We all nodded our heads in agreement and said, ”yes. That was the plan we were going to propose." Easiest meeting ever.

When Ultimates come down the pipeline, head on over to the Store. Select your Ultimate package, and download to your hearts content. The price is and will always be $0.00 (or maybe it's listed as ”Free" in the store, can't remember the exact verbiage). Regardless, this is a gift to you, our loving fans.

When will Ultimates be released?

The first pack of Ultimates will be released...in February.

Ok, no more trolling, promise. The Ultimate Master Pack includes fancy, fantastical, fierce finishers for five favorite fighters (holy alliteration, Batman!) and releases on February 14th. Valentine's Day. What better way to present our love for you and for Killer Instinct than dropping the first Ultimate Pack on such a date? I'm not saying that this is the best gift ever, but it is.

Which characters are included in this Ultimate Master Pack?

Jago, Maya, Thunder, TJ Combo, and Tusk.

Plenty more at the link. Here's a video of Thunder's ultimate.

https://youtu.be/dEhKyqbKFSE

Sounds good. I always assumed they were going to be doing this in waves.

Since there are exactly 15 returning characters from KI 1/2 in the roster, I'm guessing they'll be the ones getting ultimates for now. Hopefully they get to the rest of the cast at some point.

If they had to limit it to some characters the returning characterset are definitely the ones to limit it to. Then probably the 6 new characters that aren't guests or Omen and Kilgore.

.la1n

It is unfortunate about the ultimates not being available for the entire cast but if it covers the KI 1/2 cast then I will be happy. I am not sure how I feel about activating ultimate while in ultra. Why wouldn't you want to just keep it consistent with how Shadow Jago's functions?

vg260

Poor Mira's gonna get shafted again.

I hope they skip Gargos and give her one. He's gotten enough shenanigans with his moveset and Shadow Lords. I'd be fine with them skipping Eyedol too.

Give the stageless vampire some love.

Thunder's ultimate on RAAM.

C3xoh3eVUAE9Uea.jpg:large

ScOULaris

It is unfortunate about the ultimates not being available for the entire cast but if it covers the KI 1/2 cast then I will be happy. I am not sure how I feel about activating ultimate while in ultra. Why wouldn't you want to just keep it consistent with how Shadow Jago's functions?
I agree. Shadow Jago's works perfectly. This just looks awkward with the ultra abruptly ending and the Ultimate starting.

.la1n

I agree. Shadow Jago's works perfectly. This just looks awkward with the ultra abruptly ending and the Ultimate starting.

I'm sure it's a budget and time issue. Same thing that's plagued the game since day one. Killer Instinct could be ten times the success it currently is and MS still wouldn't allocate additional resources. It always felt that way but after Phantom Dust reboot and Scalebound it's obvious how they run things.

Kudos to the team for getting even half of what they have so far with those resources.

Doukou

All the new ultimates are on the KI YouTube, on iPhone so can't link.
Tusk is the best and Maya's is good.
I think they should get rid of the hit effects it makes it look less important or something.

.la1n

Tusk is pretty great. Maya is good but the ending crops too much in the camera angle. TJ keeps his low tier status :p

Still great to have them and I appreciate the team working to get them in.

These Ultimates look so boring. This really the best they can do?

It's probably the best they can do with reusing certain assets and animations in a cinematic way, without resorting to blood and guts.

I personally think they're just fine. If get a new KI game in the future, I imagine that the ultimates in that game will be much better.

Roboculus

You can definitely see the time/budget constraints with all the reused animations. Ah well, I'm still happy we're getting something. The fact that these don't look that time consuming for them to produce should bode well for the rest of the cast getting ultimates eventually.

I'm fine with most of the ultimates we've seen so far. TJ's ultimate is the only one I have any big issues with. I feel like they could have done a much better job, even with the constraints they're working under.

vg260

These Ultimates look so boring. This really the best they can do?

given what conditions/constraints?

You can definitely see the budget constraints with all the reused animations. Ah well, I'm still happy we're getting something. The fact that these don't look that time consuming for them to produce should bode well for the rest of the cast getting something.

I'm fine with most of the ultimates we've seen so far. TJ's ultimate is the only one I have any big issues with. I feel like they could have done a much better job, even with the constraints they're working under.

We don't really know what constraints they're working under, though. Maybe MS is giving them a shoestring budget to trickle out these updates and just barely keep the game supported. Maybe, they (hopefully) have most of their resources on a sequel. Maybe a little of both.

I think they're OK. I can't really complain too much although I wish TJ's had a little more oomph. I guess it all depends on what existing assets they have to work with. Might not have been much.

They're only doing 15 and they releases will be spread out into summer according to the forum.

All the new ultimates are on the KI YouTube, on iPhone so can't link.
Tusk is the best and Maya's is good.
I think they should get rid of the hit effects it makes it look less important or something.

Tusk's and Maya's are great. TJ's is just hella basic.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The Ultimates are about what I expected honestly, doing what they can with existing animations..I just hope Fulgores is good. Getting any special assets created just for them like in KI1 and 2 was probably unrealistic, regardless I'm glad they put in the effort to do them.

ScOULaris

Tusk's ultimate is the best one so far. Yeah, these finishers aren't as brutal or fatal as I would've liked to see, but I can still appreciate them as a stylish way to cap off a dominant victory.

I'm glad we're getting these regardless of their limitations. I've wanted Ultimates for the entire cast ever since Shadow Jago debuted with his.

TheFawz

It's not much of a surprise it didn't win the community 'vote', but still disappointing. Although there's plenty of other big KI tournaments this year, it would still be nice for there to be a side-tourney at EVO to maintain the KI presence at the event. Hell it might even get better stream coverage as a side-tourney than it did as a main-tourney in the past years.

Skab

It was never going to win with marvel being in the running. I'm shocked at how much money pokken made though. Didn't have the best showing last year.

That being said, pretty silly to skip watching evo entirely just because one game isn't there.

shaowebb

Honestly EVO isn't what I'd call the best major anymore. Just the most publicized. CEO and Combobreaker feel far better IMO.

ScOULaris

Honestly EVO isn't what I'd call the best major anymore. Just the most publicized. CEO and Combobreaker feel far better IMO.
Combo Breaker is the best tournament now. EVO feels like a joyless e-sports affair at this point. If I watch EVO at all this year it'll just be for the Guilty Gear top 8.

.la1n

CEO and ComboBreaker were my favorites last year. Top tier production on both and more inclusive of all fighters.

Top Bottom