• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

dankir

So how do you perform ultimates? Need to be on first life bar, start an ultra and then press LP + LK?

Or am I wrong? Can't get tusks to work.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm hoping the next batch of Ultimates are a lot more creative/impressive..these first five are pretty boring IMO.

Ugh..I feel like all I do is shit on this game lately

bumpkin

I tried out Shadow Lords for the very first time tonight. It's definitely an interesting twist on a single player mode in a fighting game. The amount of items and effects you can get and craft is somewhat overwhelming. So far I can only equip one consumable at a time (does this increase?), and I don't think I've used a single one yet. The guardians are handy though, Tiger is my favorite so far as I tend to rushdown.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake down as I get farther in. I'm at turn 8 on a Normal play-through right now.

Justinh

I agree with this. My personal favorite is CEO and has been for a year or two now.

Dammit. Every year, I'm like "I'm going to go to CEO to spectate," and every year I'm all "eh, I'll just watch the streams."

I really should try to go this year (the hotel or whatever where they play is like a 10 minute drive from my apartment). I've never been to an event before.

OniLordAsmodeus

Neo Member
I'm hoping the next batch of Ultimates are a lot more creative/impressive..these first five are pretty boring IMO.

Ugh..I feel like all I do is shit on this game lately

Maybe I look at this game with rose colored glasses, but TJ's Ultimate, objectively the "worst" of the Ultimates, has grown on me considerably. I was initially let down when seeing his Ultimate, but after playing with TJ, and seeing the Ultimate being done in the context of a match, it is a nice cap to a match for sure. But yeah, TJ is my main, and I've wanted Ultimates in KI for jump, so my thoughts should really only be taken with a grain of salt.

shaowebb

I agree with this. My personal favorite is CEO and has been for a year or two now.

Same. CEO and CEOtaku are my biggest events of the year. I hope to attend CEOtaku soon, but I'm scheduled to work an outage this year during it. Next year's calendar is outage free though :)

jbug617

Banned
Saw this on Twitter
C5N28hOUkAEvuq9.jpg

Doukou

Isn't the Guardian Bio more likely a reference/tease to a Samurai Guardian(little spirits in Shadow Lords) rather than a new character

Skab

Isn't the Guardian Bio more likely a reference/tease to a Samurai Guardian(little spirits in Shadow Lords) rather than a new character

As posted it above, its talking about an item in the same catagory as tusks sword and kims nunchucks. Sounds much more like a character to me, and I really doubt they would make of point of teasing just a shadow lord guardian on twitter.

TheFawz

Really looking forward to the new character reveal!

I felt they did a great job with Killgore to make sure he wasn't a Fulgore clone despite the reused assets. A mix of Jago and Hisako sounds great to me.

vg260

I just really hope we get one brand new non-remix character out of three. I don't think that's too far-fecthed, but I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask two things.

One, is there any chance of the game possibly going on sale on Windows 10 soon? The reason I ask for a sale instead of jumping in as it is is because I don't know if I'll be able to play the game as regularly as I'd like. With UMvC3 coming out on the PC and with Mass Effect: Andromeda coming out next and Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, I probably won't have the time needed to git gud at this game so it's much easier to justify a purchase if I can get it on the cheap.

Two, will this game get continued support? And if so, has it been said how long before they move on to a new project? (probably KI 2 I guess)

vg260

Did they ever fix the PC version not being able to recognize 360 arcade sticks?

Nope. Some still work though.

It recognizes 360 sticks. It just doesn't recognize Direct Input sticks (e.g. PS3/PS4).

It did originally, but something got broken. A lot of 360 controllers stopped working after the Shadow Lords patch, and hasn't been fixed yet. I have a 360 TE stick that works, but my Mad Catz SF4 fight pads do not. Neither do PS4 sticks that have X-input driver support and work with other games.

zebez

Did they ever fix the PC version not being able to recognize 360 arcade sticks?

What do you mean exactly? I have a "Mad Catz Street Fighter X Tekken - Arcade FightStick PRO" and it recognizes it perfectly. It's just a normal 360 gamepad according to windows though.

What do you mean exactly? I have a "Mad Catz Street Fighter X Tekken - Arcade FightStick PRO" and it recognizes it perfectly. It's just a normal 360 gamepad according to windows though.
Are you on Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

I have a Street Fighter IV Madcatz controller that stopped working after this update in KI.

The 6 button gamepad.

Memory

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask two things.

One, is there any chance of the game possibly going on sale on Windows 10 soon? The reason I ask for a sale instead of jumping in as it is is because I don't know if I'll be able to play the game as regularly as I'd like. With UMvC3 coming out on the PC and with Mass Effect: Andromeda coming out next and Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, I probably won't have the time needed to git gud at this game so it's much easier to justify a purchase if I can get it on the cheap.

Two, will this game get continued support? And if so, has it been said how long before they move on to a new project? (probably KI 2 I guess)

1. Its F2P so you can just play the rotating characters each week to get a feel for the game while you wait for sale. They just gave away he second season so i'm not sure when the next sale will be, easter maybe?

2. The game has been constantly supported since 2013 and is still getting great content, this is likely the last year of content but balancing and bug fixing might be longer. We will see at E3 if there is a sequel in the works or not.

Top Bottom