• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 10th anniv. celebrations + Fan-favorite "The Academy" map coming soon (FREE)

bombshell

2014-11-04_01_l

When the original Killzone came out for PlayStation 2 on November 2nd, 2004, we had no way of knowing its red-goggled antagonists would go on to invade four additional console platforms, five more Killzone games, nine other PlayStation titles, a toy line, a novelization and a manga. But here we are, ten years later, and the world of Killzone is bigger than ever.

We’re very proud of how far we’ve come, and to mark this joyous occasion we’re going to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Killzone with the people who made it all possible – you, our loyal fans. We have several content releases planned for Killzone Shadow Fall in the pipeline, as well live playthroughs, interviews, tournaments and more! Here’s what you can look forward to in the coming month.

NEW EXPANSION PACK!

The 10th Anniversary Expansion Pack offers unprecedented personalization options for Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer:

2 New Multiplayer Character Skins
Customize the look of your multiplayer characters with the ‘Honor Guard’ and ‘Special Forces’ uniform options.

2 New OWL Skins
Matching ‘Honor Guard’ and ‘Special Forces’ skins for your combat automata will complement your new look.

2 New Voice Packs
Change your battle chatter with the hilarious ‘Angry Veteran’ voice pack, or hear what the Killzone Shadow Fall dev team sounds like with the ‘Dev Team’ voice pack.

2 New Player Card Icon Packs
Give your Player Card some character with the ‘Identity’ Icon Pack, or show off your favorite weapon with the ‘Weapons Of Shadow Fall’ Icon Pack.

New Crosshairs Customization
A new system lets you customize the reticules for all weapons, and the pack comes with seven brand new crosshair sets.
The 10th Anniversary expansion pack is available now and is available for free to Season Pass owners.

EVENTS!

Log on, sign up and tune in for our special 10th Anniversary events:

A duo of Killzone 10th Anniversary Livestreams
Hosted on thePlayStation Twitch TV channel, this festive livestream will involve playthroughs of classic Killzone titles, interviews with developers and plenty of giveaways for our viewers. The live streams will be held on the 6th and 7th November at 6.00pm CET and run until 8.00pm CET.

Killzone Shadow Fall & Mercenary Tournaments
Get ready to show off your Shadow Fall and/or Mercenary multiplayer skills in our 10th Anniversary tournaments. Keep an eye on Killzone.com/blog for signup announcements.

Art Exposition – 21st Nov
Our friends at Cook & Becker are organizing an art exhibition of video games in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands, featuring stunning art from Killzones past – as well as never before seen art from Killzone Shadow Fall and a Killzone 10th Anniversary themed showcase.

Awesome Giveaways
In the coming weeks we’re going to give away cool Killzone-related merchandise, including T-shirts, art and collectibles. Keep an eye on Killzone.com and our social media channels for more information.

FREE STUFF!

Expand your Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer experience with these free maps and items:

New ‘The Academy’ Multiplayer Map
Arguably Killzone 2’s most popular multiplayer map, Radec Academy (named after Autarch Visari’s right-hand man and fan-favorite antagonist, Colonel Radec) is coming to Killzone Shadow Fall. We briefly revisited a collapsed version of this map in the From The Ashes DLC for Killzone 3, but this time around the ravages of war have really left a mark on the Academy.

2 New Cooperative Maps
In addition to the competitive multiplayer version, The Academy will also be released as a free cooperative map for Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept, along with a second cooperative map known as The Weapons Facility. We’ll have more detailed descriptions and trailers for the new maps on Killzone.com soon!

http://killzone.com/en_GB/blog/news/2014-11-04_killzone-celebrates-its-10th-anniversary.html

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know Guerrilla and SF get a lot of shit but this game has some of the best post launch support that I've seen from a AAA title in a long time.

I know Guerrilla and SF get a lot of shit but this game has some of the best post launch support that I've seen from a AAA title in a long time.

It really does, but the game is a ghost town. I'm not sure why they haven't given away the multiplayer mode on PS Plus at this point.

Fezan

It really does, but the game is a ghost town. I'm not sure why they haven't given away the multiplayer mode on PS Plus at this point.

There is a small dedicated community playing the game and its even more hostile than moba scene so its hard for guys like me to get in

bombshell

I still think it will be a ghost town even with all these free maps

I played it a few days last week after not playing it for the last 6 months. Was put in a full match immediately throughout the day, so there's enough players still.

sn00zer

Kinda bummed Playstaion exclusive multi games never catch on...their usually pretty damn good from what Ive heard

When people say "X game is a Ghost Town" are they talking about their friends not playing it? I see this mentioned on GAF quite often but I'm always able to find matches full of people with every game that is supposedly a Ghost Town.

Fezan

I played it a few days last week after not playing it for the last 6 months. Was put in a full match immediately throughout the day, so there's enough players still.

Like i said above Killzone has a very small dedicated community . not only for shadowfall but also for killzone 3. But Community of SF is so hostile. it was like first time playing dota

RedAssedApe

Banned
When people say "X game is a Ghost Town" are they talking about their friends not playing it? I see this mentioned on GAF quite often but I'm always able to find matches full of people with every game that is supposedly a Ghost Town.

what's the player count these days? a few months after launch there were days where play counts would only average in the hundreds

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's an honest shame that most people don't think of Killzone as a multiplayer shooter.

Experien

I just popped this in this morning and beat a co-op map by myself (yay Assault)...I am anxious try some new stuff!

bombshell

Like i said above Killzone has a very small dedicated community . not only for shadowfall but also for killzone 3. But Community of SF is so hostile. it was like first time playing dota

What do you mean by hostile? The voice chat?

I'm usually in party chat when I play MP, so I don't hear the in-game chat.

JB1981

I like this game's multiplayer. That is all.

The single player kind of grew on me over time. It's flawed as all hell but the introduction of some new gameplay mechanics (Owl, Adrenaline) really mixed things up.

I'm just comparing to other populations when I say it. Many games have a dedicated but small following. Those communities are often hard to break into, though. Giving away the multiplayer component could help with that in KZ:SF's case.

SerTapTap

Their support for SF has really been great. I guess I should...actually try multiplayer sometime. I played it...once. Not really big on online multi unless it's with friends.

Nope, we need more Killzone Mercenaries and Liberation.

Mercenary has one of the best singleplayer FPS campaigns ever in terms of pure gameplay. The level design is utterly brilliant and it's insanely replayable with the contracts. I am very excited for whatever game Guerrilla Cambridge is working on (I hope it's two - Killzone and MediEvil).

Even tough i didnt like Shadow Fall, i hope we will see many more titles from this franchise.
The Guys from Mercenary should take over and let the main Team of GG work on their RPG IP

emats12

Neo Member
I would play more SF if the FOV was greater then 50ish that it is now.. just way too zoomed in for my liking

Mercenary has one of the best singleplayer FPS campaigns ever in terms of pure gameplay. The level design is utterly brilliant and it's insanely replayable with the contracts. I am very excited for whatever game Guerrilla Cambridge is working on (I hope it's two - Killzone and MediEvil).

My man. *high five*

Top Bottom