• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
alr1ghtstart said:
255776w.jpg
where is this from??

spats

buffers.jpg

KZ2 must've been a beast to render, depth buffer, normal mapping, specular reflections, various lighting buffers, per-pixel motion blur... you name it. Then independently calculated physics for all particles and hundreds of dynamic light sources. I can't understand how they will be able to get AO running on top of that mess :lol

Not super-convinced about 3D but if there's one studio that can make it work, it's GG. Not that I'd have a 3D tv anyway. :I

mrwilt

AndyD

aka andydumi
spats said:
buffers.jpg

KZ2 must've been a beast to render, depth buffer, normal mapping, specular reflections, various lighting buffers, per-pixel motion blur... you name it. Then independently calculated physics for all particles and hundreds of dynamic light sources. I can't understand how they will be able to get AO running on top of that mess :lol

Not super-convinced about 3D but if there's one studio that can make it work, it's GG. Not that I'd have a 3D tv anyway. :I

They already said some of their techniques were inefficient and only after they finished they found better ways to do stuff. So I expect a lot of nice subtle improvements as well as more headroom to add new stuff like MLAA or AO.

Violater said:
:lol
I just don't get the Rico hate man

Well he acts like a twat, talks like a twats, puts his comrades in unnecessary danger, doesn't give much of a shit when one of them dies, and to top things off disobeys direct orders from ISA high command to bring in Visari because he was too hot headed and instead kills the sole reason they invaded Helghan.

Oh, and his constant whinging when he was taken out by the snipers repeatedly in KZ2. No Rico, I won't revive you. I would actually rather stand in the open and watch you bleed to death.

Rikyfree

Listening to the interview and seeing the brutal melee system in action, omg. Hype overload! Slide into cover is in too. Man I would have loved that in KZ2.

No_Style

That PS.blog interview was awesome. I was surprised by the questions that were asked like the controls and Rico ones. Good job, PS.Blog.

Kibbles

Any word on a release window? Late 2010, or 2011?

That video doesn't look much different from KZ2, but it still looks amazing. [edit] Ooo that kill with the kick was new.

Man

Impressions of thumbnail video in the background:

- Killzone 3 moves quite fast now. Animation still intact.
- Reloading of minigun was pretty cool.
- No hud, oh yeah!
- Sliding into cover, excellent!
- Kicking Helghast over and bashing his skull in, I approve.
- I want to play.

SolidSnakex said:
The PSblog just posted a KZ3 interview with what looks to be gameplay footage showing in the background

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/27/killzone-3-for-ps3-reveal-guerrilla-games-interview/

Good interview!

I liked what he said about the cover system. It's "snappier" and you can slide into it, and also hop over walls from cover. Great, exactly what I wanted.

edit: oh and it was amusing when Jeff brought up Rico. "I felt like I was reviving him all the time."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SolidSnakex said:
OFFICIALLY THE FIRST KILLZONE 3 GIF ON THE WEB.

Spread it out people!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
SolidSnakex said:

And it starts, fuck yes.

The ps blog interview was cool, though I can't say I paid to much attention to what was being said, my eyes were on the screen in the background. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom