• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Violater said:
Pre Alpha :lol
Your eyes will melt come 2011

I can safely say that if it looks this good in its pre alpha state the final version will be the best looking console game ever released.

Hypereides

Gold Member
The brutal melee sounds awesome. It will be greatly satisfying pulling off different ways of 'FINISH HIM' fatalities.

But I'd like to expand it to more than one button perhaps?

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
TTP said:
15rblmg.jpg
jesus

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JB1981 said:
Screens look a bit flat to me, like the lighting took a hit or something.
Theres no post processing effects like motion blur.
For a pre alpha game KZ3 is shaping up really nice.
And yup, this thing in motion is going to be "mind bottling".

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mr_Brit said:
Can any eagle eyed gaffers spot if GG have implented AO into the engine yet?
So, if you cant see it why do you want to know if its there? :lol
But yup they said they were going to do it, and it looks like it.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
The strength of Killzone and Killzone 2 was always in the animation. The guns themselves had a lot of character and the enemies animated so god damned well that it was a lot of fun just to shoot them in different ways to see their reactions.

What is most promising about these pictures is that the enemy types are awesome (jet packs! lets shoot the engines to see them crash!) and they look phenomenal in stills. I can't wait to see the barrage of gifs this will produce.

Robot 492

Banned
I need to see this in video-form ASAP!: (regarding Helghast jetpack death animations)
Once they lose health, they sort of spiral out of control and sometimes they even slam into their comrades and kill them. It’s a two-for-one worth seeing. After finishing them off with a couple of cooked grenades, I found myself in a jump pack of my own. I needed it to cross the ice bergs leading to an oil rig topped with AA guns.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/20...ures-diverse-environments-jump-packs-preview/

Foil

Looks fantastic, but that's not really a surprise.

shagg_187 said:
LOOK AT THE WATER! LOOK AT THE FUCKING WATER!!! BEATS THE SHIT OUTTA ANY WATER!!! KZ3 > REALITY!

The water looked like shit at times in Killzone 2 when it moved. We'll have to wait and see this in motion and how it interacts with characters. Looking good in a screenshot and looking good in motion are two different things.

spats

Mr_Brit said:
Can any eagle eyed gaffers spot if GG have implented AO into the engine yet?

As nice as these pictures look, I would bet they are lacking a lot of render passes. And they're faaaar from locking down assets.

Foil said:
Looks fantastic, but that's not really a surprise.

The water looked like shit at times in Killzone 2 when it moved. We'll have to wait and see this in motion and how it interacts with characters. Looking good in a screenshot and looking good in motion are two different things.

Yeah but (refresh my memory please) they never had a map dedicated to water, did they?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
15rblmg.jpg

This pic reminds me how awesome Killzone would look in third person... man I want that to happen. Don't link PSP-version, please.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Yoshichan said:
http://i47.tinypic.com/15rblmg.jpg[/ IMG]

This pic reminds me how awesome Killzone would look in third person... man I want that to happen. Don't link PSP-version, please.[/QUOTE]

You're ok. KZ is like no other FS out there. Hope GG retain all the things that made KZ unique and don't buckle to the haters who want another COD/Battlefield reskin.

Mr.Green

Looks great! I don't see in 3D though. Yeah I know, heartbreaking.

Sue me if already posted but did they mention anything about Move support?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mr.Green said:
Looks great! I don't see in 3D though. Yeah I know, heartbreaking.

Basically confirmed it by postponing further announcements in this regard to a later date.

monocromo

I'm not sure about this... but the shots that people are pointing out as flat or with low contrast (apart from being pre alpha) I think that its related to the snow location, filters, fog, etc.

Mr.Green said:

It'll be there. The game director said they love jumping on new technology and 3D and Move are exactly that. Since KZ2 was released, they've also given more RAM back to developers to use because of OS optimisations, so the ~2MB that Move uses won't make anything look worse than the KZ2.

Screens look awesome.

So we have:

3D
A push for better writing.
A push for more big battles/bosses/scenes.
Jetpacks
New weapons
Possible optional Move controls
Refined control scheme.
etc

Awesome. I wonder how they'll advance the sound design and some of the other great features from KZ2.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
That's what they say, but I'm still afraid. :p Time will tell, I suppose.

It's not what they say. It's how the whole shit works man. You make your game awesome in 2D. Then you cut back stuff when activating 3D mode.

Kinda like how graphics get a hit when going from full-screen to split-screen in any game which supports that.

Violater

TTP said:
It's not what they say. It's how the whole shit works man. You make your game awesome in 2D. Then you cut back stuff when activating 3D mode.

Kinda like how graphics get a hit when going from full-screen to split-screen in any game which supports that.

They might as well throw some of that co-op in there as well :D

Hypereides

Gold Member
STORY INFO?

Hopefully at E3, Guerilla and Sony will offer more tidbits. I?ll have to find out about the power vacuum that resulted in the death of Helghast leader, Visari. I want to figure out how the rival Helghast leaders vying for control will turn the upcoming war

Are those rivalling faction leaders going to be bosses!?

Cause that sounds really cool :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom