• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 stand alone multiplayer on US PSN next week (All maps, free w/ level cap)

Seventy5

Thread derail time --

I haven't checked in on UC3 MP in a while. Any significant changes?
I stopped playing for a month & a half, just came back to it two weeks ago when I started playing Golden Abyss. Lots of new (old) maps if you have the Fortune Hunter's Club or buy the DLC. The aiming fixes are nice too. I think they spruced up the matchmaking as well. It seems to go way faster, especially in co-op.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
gotta love those one on one matches... I seriously feel sorry for anyone who actually purchased the DLC. Tharsis looks good. Jetpacks are the only competent thing about this game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. Did they change the controls from the beta? The beta felt perfect but here the same lag/"heavy weight" has returned and it really drags the game down. :/

ADS and then have my shit jumping all over the place because LOLOLOL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOUR "WEIGHT" TO MOVE TO THAT SPOT!

A.R.K

Can someone please answer this: Is custom game option available in the free download? Or do you have to purchase the game before its enabled? thnx

Massa

gotta love those one on one matches... I seriously feel sorry for anyone who actually purchased the DLC. Tharsis looks good. Jetpacks are the only competent thing about this game.

I bought the DLC when it came out and have no problems finding games.

Ugh. Did they change the controls from the beta? The beta felt perfect but here the same lag/"heavy weight" has returned and it really drags the game down. :/

ADS and then have my shit jumping all over the place because LOLOLOL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOUR "WEIGHT" TO MOVE TO THAT SPOT!

The controls are perfect and same as the beta, you're probably just used to the terrible BF3 controls.

Nizz

You know, I could swear that the controls in the demo for Killzone 3 felt different from the final game also. Maybe I'm crazy but I swear that I felt a weight added back in that I didn't feel in the demo when I got the final game.

MDSLKTR

Reached level 10 yesterday, it sold me and my gf on it, we're going to get it today. Good initiative by sony imo. I also found it looked and ran better than the sp demo...

denomes

I have some questions about this as an owner of the retail version:

1. Do my previously acquired stats carry over to this version?

2 . Does this include botzone?

I'm thinking of getting this and selling my disc version.

A.R.K

Can someone please answer this: Is custom game option available in the free download? Or do you have to purchase the game before its enabled? thnx

Any one? Trying to get some friends to try it with custom games if the option is available in the free mode.

Atruvius

Yes? I couldn't play it because I was over level 10 on retail copy and had deleted all my KZ3 saves.

Massa

You know, I could swear that the controls in the demo for Killzone 3 felt different from the final game also. Maybe I'm crazy but I swear that I felt a weight added back in that I didn't feel in the demo when I got the final game.

What they changed from the beta is that the ADS speed is no longer equal for all weapons, so the heavier weapons are not as easy to use as a submachine gun. It was the major issue I had with the gunplay in the beta.

Any one? Trying to get some friends to try it with custom games if the option is available in the free mode.

From KZ.com:

"you can unlock the full version for only $15 (UK/EU price TBA). Doing so will net you a 24-hour double XP bonus, 3 free unlock points, the ability to set up clans and custom games, and access to the Botzone mode to help hone your combat skills."

That says you can't create custom games. I also doubt you can play custom games since you don't level up in unranked games and that would mean people could play it for free forever.

OSHAN

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

And that's what I did.

I picked this up to show my support for the concept, but god damn this game is very dissatisfying crap. While I hope that this all works out for Sony and we see more multiplayer games take this route, I do regret giving GG any of my money.

Sheikh

Banned
24 (down from 32 in KZ2)

edit: wait, maybe you're talking about the number of people that actively play it, dunno about that.

the game has over 2.5m players in the leaderboards. you can always find matches for KZ3.it has a very decent fanbase

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does this downloadable come with access to offline MP or no? I'm wondering cause I'm at my cousins right now and we're considering downloading it just for that.

I'm...actually having some fun with this. Some of the new maps are good, like Lente missile base, Stahl Arms, and Radec/Salamun. Shooting feels nice, even if most guns feel identical. Currently playing a maxed tactician with the ISA rifle. Lighting is improved over KZ2.

Still don't like matchmaking, KZ2 lobby system is better.

web01

This game seems dead as far as Australian players go, can only ever get in games with 6 players max. Removing the server browser was stupid as fuck always a good way to kill a games online community.

Raoh

I really liked this game when it came out. Bought the collectors edition.

Decided to try it this weekend with the potential spike in the community due to f2p and after a long break due to too many other online games coming out

when did ps3 gamers become like xbox gamers?

nothing but people playing their music in the background, people's girlfriends/sisters NOT watching their kids, open mic conversations about nothing..

Every online game should be push to talk

I would like to continue but playing this game again with more online chatter than squad chatter has turned me off..

Keeping the helmet, trading in the game.

namDa65

Just bought this,

How many maps are there? I know there are the 8 dlc maps with my 7.50 purchase already which is awesome,

but how about stock?

Anyone still play this?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Does anybody have an answer to this? Will this "game" appear on my trophy list as its own thing, or will it just contribute to the KZ3 trophies I already own?

q3Pval.jpg

The new 4 trophies only added to the stand alone:

yifHll.jpg

Platinum is the same:
4qgAol.jpg

Yes as much as I hate KillZone 3, I can't quit you...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bummer. :(

Thanks for answering.

Some trophies are shared

If you got Grand Slam in the original KZ3, it automatically unlocks in KZ3 MP stand alone

Same goes for the new 4 trophies

I was already passed that rank + kill count

Needed 1 kill to activate those trophies
Finished game win or loss, the other 2 popped

The rest you have to earn

The worst was the Triple Kill in Stahl Arms - Deadly Threesome, luckily my third round try got me the necessary kills

iclash

so I already have retail KZ3 and the retro map pack, I could pick up the other 2 map packs for 10 bucks or get the KZ3 multiplayer for about 10$. Two questions:

are the same matchmaking servers used for both versions, in other words do the retail owners play with multiplayer owners?

Any reason to get the whole multi-player version rather than the last 2 map packs?

thanks

gnarlycrow

Neo Member
so I already have retail KZ3 and the retro map pack, I could pick up the other 2 map packs for 10 bucks or get the KZ3 multiplayer for about 10$. Two questions:

are the same matchmaking servers used for both versions, in other words do the retail owners play with multiplayer owners?

Any reason to get the whole multi-player version rather than the last 2 map packs?

thanks

Same servers as long as you have all the dlc and map preferance is set to all.

The downloadable multiplayer version has better load times and you don't have to put in the disc.

Is the breadth of games I'm finding in the free version indicative of what I'll be finding in the full version? i.e. is the match-making at all gimped when playing free?

BlackJace

I would have bought MW3 had it offered this option.

(Treyarch, do this for Blops 2 Zombies, and you've got a sale from me!)

Top Bottom