• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 stand alone multiplayer on US PSN next week (All maps, free w/ level cap)

casabolg

Banned
It gets me to no end that people ended up enjoying playing matches with more players than were recommended on the levels.

Honestly, KZ3 fixed a lot of stuff wrong with 2 but got rid of/broke the best parts of 2.
Multiplayer-wise, at least.

If this helps revive the game Ill have to start playing again.

Btw, are the dlc maps any good?

They are easily some of the best maps in the series. Stahl Arms is the perfect Killzone map, Lente MIssile base is amazing, and the redone KZ2 maps are also great, save for Radec, which still sucks.

The GW maps are also great, but you shouldn't play GW.

A.R.K

Not sure if this was answered before but if someone already owns the retail copy of KZ3, are the DLC maps free?

A.R.K

The DLC is included in the stand alone version no?

hmmm, I don't think so...at least not all of them. It's been awhile I played it, so I am not sure. But I would love to get back in it with the free DLC and get some friends to join too. Free should convince them finally :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
hmmm, I don't think so...at least not all of them. It's been awhile I played it, so I am not sure. But I would love to get back in it with the free DLC and get some friends to join too. Free should convince them finally :)

But the blog posts says:

Dubbed “Killzone 3 Multiplayer,” it includes the Guerrilla Warfare, Warzone, and Operations game modes, as well as the original Killzone 3 maps and all Killzone 3 DLC maps.

rCIZZLE

They are easily some of the best maps in the series. Stahl Arms is the perfect Killzone map, Lente MIssile base is amazing, and the redone KZ2 maps are also great, save for Radec, which still sucks.

The GW maps are also great, but you shouldn't play GW.

Sounds good. Ill have to pick these up later and give them a try.

Sounds good. Ill have to pick these up later and give them a try.

If you own a disc copy you do not get access to the DLC for free.

If you buy the dlc for $10, you get the DLC.

If you buy the standalone MP for $15, you get all the DLC.

If you own a disc copy, and have your save file on your HDD, you will get access to the full MP download, but not the DLC unless you previously purchased it, I assume. I doubt they would make the DLC free for everybody that bought the retail game at this point, although that would be pretty sweet, and they wouldn't lose much money since 80% of current players play on the DLC.

A.R.K

If you own a disc copy, and have your save file on your HDD, you will get access to the full MP download, but not the DLC unless you previously purchased it, I assume. I doubt they would make the DLC free for everybody that bought the retail game at this point, although that would be pretty sweet, and they wouldn't lose much money since 80% of current players play on the DLC.

That would be stupid if they don't let retail owners get the DLC for free. That would split the online community unnecessarily. I am hoping Sony does the right thing here.

rCIZZLE

Apparently I had 2/3 of the packs already. Probably from having plus. Just bought the 3rd which was 5. Not bad.

Limanima

Was I the only one that thought that KZ2 was a crowded MP played in maps too small?
That was a dying fest from all players involved in each game.
Well, maybe the problem was me.

Massa

Was I the only one that thought that KZ2 was a crowded MP played in maps too small?

Killzone 2 allowed people to change a lot of settings about how the game played, which means it's quite possible you only got to experience it at its worst.

Jas

It's up in the store, 4068 MB.

Also, it's $7.50 for Playstation Plus members, not sure if that's a mistake or not.

Found it using Search.

Yeah uhh, not giving the retail owners the DLC doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Yeah, that rubs me the wrong way. I think the price of the DLC should at least be lowered, but oh well. I've been meaning to buy the map pack bundle, and since the standalone MP is only $7.50 for PS+ members, I'll use my 30-day promo code to snag it. Not having to swap discs will be a nice bonus.

I have one more of those 30-day PS+ codes that Sony e-mailed out a while ago, so if someone wants it, PM me. Just be aware that it requires a credit card and it will automatically enroll you in a 3-month subscription plan if you don't cancel within 29 days.

Acrylic7

had to be you
In crowded matches I still come out on top. With minimal deaths.
Just have to know how to play.

Lingitiz

Played a few games and had alot of fun. The maps are pretty solid and my only complaint would be getting matched against stacked teams, but that's not necessarily the game's fault I suppose.

Downloading the game right now.

Is there any way for me to download the 6 kb full unlock key at a later date?

Right now I'm in the PSN store purchase screen and rather than "download all" I chose to just download the 4GB file of the MP game, and not the 6kb unlock.

I know that when I get the unlock, it will trigger my 24 hour double XP, and I want to do that when I have more time to play. Is there any way to do this?

Lingitiz

Reached the level cap. I don't know if i'll be buying the full MP, got really frustrating in the last few games I played. Felt like I couldn't do anything in most matches, and Warzone was just endless dying.

Reached the level cap. I don't know if i'll be buying the full MP, got really frustrating in the last few games I played. Felt like I couldn't do anything in most matches, and Warzone was just endless dying.

The reason I sold the game for Demon's Souls. Constant dieing in DS was ten times more rewarding and less frustating than in Killzone.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Trying to check out the map pack levels...been sitting on the matchmaking screen for 10 minutes. Great job GG.

Nice proofreading on the menus as well
IqtDf.jpg

Lingitiz

The reason I sold the game for Demon's Souls. Constant dieing in DS was ten times more rewarding and less frustating than in Killzone.

Its just so damn frustrating, I felt totally powerless, even when I got the drop on guys and unloaded half a clip into them they somehow outgun me, or kill me with one shot from a shotgun. I think I see why Gaf was so displeased with this game. I guess I'll just head back to UC3 for my PS3 multiplayer fix.

Btw, the level cap is such a bad idea. I was just getting bodied non stop and then I got locked out, pretty much guaranteeing that I won't go anywhere near this game.

A.R.K

Trying to check out the map pack levels...been sitting on the matchmaking screen for 10 minutes. Great job GG.

Nice proofreading on the menus as well
IqtDf.jpg

Ugggghhhhh...this wants me to bitch slap GG. Their loading and match making is really slow compared to other elite FPS franchises. I mean BF3 does so much more and still loads fast and match making is one of the fastest I have seen on a console.
Stop frustrating the gamers that want to try your game.

Seventy5

Its just so damn frustrating, I felt totally powerless, even when I got the drop on guys and unloaded half a clip into them they somehow outgun me, or kill me with one shot from a shotgun. I think I see why Gaf was so displeased with this game. I guess I'll just head back to UC3 for my PS3 multiplayer fix.

Btw, the level cap is such a bad idea. I was just getting bodied non stop and then I got locked out, pretty much guaranteeing that I won't go anywhere near this game.
Yes. You should do this anyway. No offense to KZ3, U3 MP is just amazing.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Is this free for regular PSN members? Might have to give it a try just for the heck of it.

Yes, but the demo is hidden somewhere in the Demo section of the PlayStation Store. Doesn't show up in New Release section (stupid Sony).

By the way, to those who have downloaded KZ3 MP. Does it support Move? I see 3D mentioned in the description, but not Move (oddly enough). It should be as it appears among the new Move-compatible releases but you never know...

patsu

Its just so damn frustrating, I felt totally powerless, even when I got the drop on guys and unloaded half a clip into them they somehow outgun me, or kill me with one shot from a shotgun.

What class did you play as ? And what weapon and special abilities did you use ?

Lingitiz

What class did you play as ? And what weapon and special abilities did you use ?

I mostly stuck with the engineer and that second smg, or the marksman and the 2nd assault rifle. It was hard to get a feel of any of the classes since the demo was over so quickly.

Question) I had KZ3 when it released, sold it a few months later. I played the fuck out of the multiplayer, ranked up, unlocked just about everything.

Now what happens if I download f2p? Do I keep my rank? My unlocks?

what about if I buy the full game.. do I get my rank? Unlocks?

:)

patsu

I mostly stuck with the engineer and that second smg, or the marksman and the 2nd assault rifle. It was hard to get a feel of any of the classes since the demo was over so quickly.

Haven't tried the demo. The special abilities (e.g., extra armor), map knowledge and polished tactics will stack against new players. A new player is helpful but may need to stick around long enough to reap the benefits. e.g., Engineer is more interesting but you need to get rocket turret and the 3rd gun to compete with high level players.

Marksman is usually not that rewarding if you play Warzone, unless the team is unbalanced.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Question) I had KZ3 when it released, sold it a few months later. I played the fuck out of the multiplayer, ranked up, unlocked just about everything.

Now what happens if I download f2p? Do I keep my rank? My unlocks?

what about if I buy the full game.. do I get my rank? Unlocks?

:)

If you have your original KZ3 save you will keep your unlocks BUT you won't be able to play the KZ3 MP trial. You'll need to purchase it rightaway.

I just tried the trial for the first time and I have been greeted with a "congratulations!" screen telling me I have reached Sergent I rank already lol.

Not gonna delete my save file to try this :D

Edit: Actually, I just tried deleting my KZ3 save (after having copied it to the PSN cloud of course) and it does still NOT allow me to check the trial. I assume it checks the online stats so for me to try this out I need to log in with a different PSN account.

Hanmik

If you have your original KZ3 save you will keep your unlocks BUT you won't be able to play the KZ3 MP trial. You'll need to purchase it rightaway.

I just tried the trial for the first time and I have been greeted with a "congratulations!" screen telling me I have reached Sergent I rank already lol.

Not gonna delete my save file to try this :D

lol.. sucks I played this game too much back when it launched.. so I´m way past that level.. maybe you could just move the gamesave to the plus cloud or a USB stick, and then try delete it from the PS3, and try the demo that way,.,.

Apath

This did not work with remote play. I thought Killzone 3 was one of the few games that actually supported it =\

jimi_dini

How are trophies handled? Can you get trophies w/o buying?

I got the game on disc already, so if you can get DLC trophies already, I could get them w/o having to pay for the actual DLC.

EDIT: according to ps3trophies.org, you need to pay for any trophies :(

Top Bottom