• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary Botzone Update: Out today! (EU tomorrow)

Finally its here!

We’re very pleased to announce the release of our latest update for Killzone Mercenary, delivering an offline multiplayer experience to our 8 maps.

With the purchase of the Botzone Soldier Training Pack, all of our multiplayer maps can be played offline in Mercenary or Guerrilla Warfare modes, against up to 7 AI soldiers. As the game host, you’ll have control over the number of teammates and enemies joining you in battle.

In team modes, you have the luxury of picking your compatriots and foes: play with 3 against 1 for a quick kill, or go brave and take on an entire team of bots alone. Your choice, soldier!

Its also a very small update:
Finally, we’ve also taken opportunity with this update to fix up some longer standing collision issues reported in the multiplayer maps. As such, the update will be mandatory for anyone wishing to play online multiplayer, with 23 MB required on the memory card to download it (549 MB if you’ve not downloaded our previous updates).
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/15/killzone-mercenary-botzone-out-today-on-ps-vita/#sf2587436

No word on price, yet.

Edit: EU price is €2,49

Finally, we’ve also taken opportunity with this update to fix up some longer standing collision issues reported in the multiplayer maps.

Is this going to stop those weirdos sniping from places which should be impossible to reach?

edit: you have to pay to unlock botzone? huh ok

Traded this game into GameStop during a holiday promotion to get something like $25-30 for it. Kind of wish I hadn't now. Hopefully it'll go on sale via PSN again soon so I can pick up another copy on the cheap.

Bishop89

you’ll have the chance to collect some of those harder-to-obtain multiplayer trophies in an offline arena

YES!!

but it should be free....

Was contemplating whether to get the game as its on sale for a good price...but do i want to pay extra!

Offline bots is amazing whatever way you want to look at it

Paying for bots? Really? Since when has that ever been a thing. In fact, they should have been there at launch.

You can argue that they should've been there at launch, especially on a portable game...but that doesn't negate the fact that the team then went back to work and produced an entire new mode for the game and they're only charging a couple of bucks for it. This is also after they've given away two multiplayer maps for free.

I'm not a huge fan of DLC in the industry, "Day 1" DLC especially...but if a developer wants to go back and add in a feature after launch that fans are asking for, there's no reason they shouldn't be paid to do so, as the additional development takes away from their next game that would make them money.

wicko

It was 2.49 when it was accidentally posted on a previous week's update. So it will likely be that price for NA.

Also I am surprised they allowed you to get trophies offline with bots.. now if GG did the same with Shadowfall, I might actually attempt it.

Feels kinda gross that this is paid. It's a "new" mode but really? Bots? And Sony will make sure to get at least $5 of my money if I want it because I can't add any less to my wallet.

anddo0

It was 2.49 when it was accidentally posted on a previous week's update. So it will likely be that price for NA.

Also I am surprised they allowed you to get trophies offline with bots.. now if they GG did the same with Shadowfall, I might actually attempt it.

Even if they allowed offline trophies for SF it would be a pretty long grind.

Du2andal

Banned
I would much rather they had charged for the extra maps a while back and provided the bots for free. Either way, the support for this game has been excellent.

In team modes, you have the luxury of picking your compatriots and foes: play with 3 against 1 for a quick kill, or go brave and take on an entire team of bots alone. Your choice, soldier!
Nice, Shadow Fall doesn't even let you do this I don't think.

It would have been nice if it were free but I'll be buying anyway.

MDSLKTR

Offline mp trophies are possible?? Platinum is realistic for me then, I only had the 10 killstreak and get under a rocket before it lands left. Awesome

I'm glad they didn't charge for maps, that way when you get to play online everyone has the same maps.

The path finding probably took forever, I'm fine with paying for the bot pack.

Hopefully they continue to support the game

RpgN

Yeah, it is odd that they're charging money for this. It should have been free.

But Killzone M is the only multiplayer mode I really liked, it's going to be heaven in offline with all the options and when you can't access online.

The price is barely acceptable *can't believe I'm saying this*, I might buy it whenever I'm ready to play more KZ.

wicko

That's not really the point. The point is, Killzone games have had bots before and every time they were there at launch, for free.

And in the past you paid for map packs, which are free now. I think that's a fair trade, since the community won't be fragmented based on who has what maps.

Tagyhag

Heh, should call it DLC instead of update.

It's really cool that they went back to it and added botzone (every mp game should have bots) but paying for it is pretty sucky, especially since I'm used to devs giving out free updates.

goonergaz

folk complaining about a couple of quid!? lol you don't have to buy it, you can just stick to the original game

TBH I'd love to see some SP DLC so having bots is a nice alternative for some quick action

Tigress

So I got the update downloaded, and it gripes at me that I need to buy the botzone off the store. So I go to the store on my Vita and I can't even find the dlc to buy it....

I'm disappointed it's not free (I thought it was) but I'm not upset, it's a decent add on. Especially for some one like me who wants something to extend the game cause she likes it but isn't so good at multiplayer so rather just play with bots. Both because then I have a chance and secondly I kinda feel bad being such easy prey and not much of a challenge to others. And it sounds like it's not that expensive anyways, well worth the value anyways.

But I can't buy it if it's not in the store... I can't even check to see if the price is good enough (all i know is what is rumored here for the UK but I'm not there).

Oh, and I'll agree with the person above me, I'd love to see some SP DLC. That would be worth extra too :).

WTF? I thought this update will be free. Who the hell wnats to pay the price of a little game to just play offline with dumb bots and unlock trophies in vain and not in the way they were meant to be gotten?

Well, if you read two posts above you (IE this post), you'd see. I even gave my reasons why I would want this.

So I got the update downloaded, and it gripes at me that I need to buy the botzone off the store. So I go to the store on my Vita and I can't even find the dlc to buy it....

I'm disappointed it's not free (I thought it was) but I'm not upset, it's a decent add on (Specially for some one like me who wants something to extend the game cause she likes it but isn't so good at multiplayer so rather just play with bots, both because then I have a chance and secondly I kinda feel bad being such easy prey and not much of a challenge to others). And it sounds like it's not that expensive anyways, well worth the value anyways.

But I can't buy it if it's not in the store... I can't even check to see if the price is good enough (all i know is what is rumored here for the UK but I'm not there).
Give it time, the DLC won't be available until later today.

WTF? I thought this update will be free. Who the hell wants to pay the price of a little game to just play offline with dumb bots and unlock trophies in vain and not in the way they were meant to be gotten?

goonergaz

WTF? I thought this update will be free. Who the hell wants to pay the price of a little game to just play offline with dumb bots and unlock trophies in vain and not in the way they were meant to be gotten?

I think it's more about practice & giving you another mode of play when you can't get online...so in that respect it's a worthy addition.

You can argue that they should've been there at launch, especially on a portable game...but that doesn't negate the fact that the team then went back to work and produced an entire new mode for the game and they're only charging a couple of bucks for it. This is also after they've given away two multiplayer maps for free.

I'm not a huge fan of DLC in the industry, "Day 1" DLC especially...but if a developer wants to go back and add in a feature after launch that fans are asking for, there's no reason they shouldn't be paid to do so, as the additional development takes away from their next game that would make them money.
Truth. Preach.

Top Bottom