• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary Botzone Update: Out today! (EU tomorrow)

Cha

Reasonable price. Will gladly buy this. I really appreciate the extra effort that GC have put into this game.

Arondight

Hope the bots are good least.Not really a fan of purchasing stuff like this but theres barely any games left with offine bots left and it's a favourite multiplayer of mine.

I've got to head out but want to buy the pack before I leave.
There's no telling when the store will update is there?

are people really complaining about a $3 charge for a feature that we rarely see in portables? Developing the bots isn't free and they're charging a measly $3 and people complain. Wow.

$3. again - $3!!!!!

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous.
I love that they went back and put this in.

Delt31

are people really complaining about a $3 charge for a feature that we rarely see in portables? Developing the bots isn't free and they're charging a measly $3 and people complain. Wow.

$3. again - $3!!!!! I bet you can find that in change between your couch cushions!

Raonak

Banned
Strange that it's paid DLC but I don't mind, guerrilla camebridge have been great at supporting the game. Office bots Is a fantactic addition to a handhold game. Especially with the ability to get trophies yo!

GoaThief

Vita game, which is why the bots are so important.
Oui oui, misread the title and saw there was an update on KZ SF today when I turned my console on and put two and two together to make five.

My bad, embarrassing.

That out the way, I saw Mercenary was on sale recently - worth it? Is multiplayer active?

Oui oui, misread the title and saw there was an update on KZ SF and put two and two together to make five.

My bad, embarrassing.

That out the way, I saw Mercenary was on sale recently - worth it? Is multiplayer active?

I'm new to Modern Killzone, only played the first game before, but this is a freaking amazing handheld FPS.
Yes multiplayer is very active.

I want the bots so I can play skirmishes when I'm out

Kysen

One of the few times where having a main PSN account from another region means I cant buy dlc for the physical card I have :( Vita needs mutli account support badly.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'll give them a pass for the cheap price and how good their post launch support has been; they put in the time over several months to fix a serious issue with how the netcode works that prevented more than one Vita from playing the game online from the same access point. That fixed it for me and my SO who both have the game and wanted to play online on the same team.

Plus I believe them when they say bot support for this was non-trivial. There really are a lot of complex things the bots have to be capable of, within the Vita's CPU limitation as well.

Dragun619

Well, I was thinking the Bot mode would be free but it's dlc.
Still I'll pay for it cause I like playing this game and sometimes there's not enough players in matches so this is a good way for me to play quick matches with a full room.

Plus they gave out the Maps for free already so there's that.

I'll give them a pass for the cheap price and how good their post launch support has been; they put in the time over several months to fix a serious issue with how the netcode works that prevented more than one Vita from playing the game online from the same access point. That fixed it for me and my SO who both have the game and wanted to play online on the same team.

Plus I believe them when they say bot support for this was non-trivial. There really are a lot of complex things the bots have to be capable of, within the Vita's CPU limitation as well.

exactly

just waiting for this thing to show in the store already

You can argue that they should've been there at launch, especially on a portable game...but that doesn't negate the fact that the team then went back to work and produced an entire new mode for the game and they're only charging a couple of bucks for it. This is also after they've given away two multiplayer maps for free.

I'm not a huge fan of DLC in the industry, "Day 1" DLC especially...but if a developer wants to go back and add in a feature after launch that fans are asking for, there's no reason they shouldn't be paid to do so, as the additional development takes away from their next game that would make them money.
Can't say I disagree with this, will probably get the DLC and go on a Platinum homerun for the game.

I'll pick it up, if only to finish grinding out those 10,000 kills for the trophy. Finished everything else and I'm barely a little over halfway there.

Plus, it's one of the best supported Vita games out there right now.

Like that they added this, but let's break this down to its core. No matter what the cost is, you're paying for a training mode. Probably a worse precedent than Ground Zeroes.

Like that they added this, but let's break this down to its core. No matter what the cost is, you're paying for a training mode. Probably a worse precedent than Ground Zeroes.
It's £2. People wanted it and it wasn't part of the original game, the people that pay the £2 are people that wanted a mode that wasn't added in the game.

Apath

Paying for bots? Really? Since when has that ever been a thing. In fact, they should have been there at launch.
There is not some magical bot-adding program that can just be tossed into the game for no cost to the publisher. Additions to the game cost money, and we already received a map pack for free.

When publishers charge for maps it ends up fragmenting the user base and can cause new maps to rarely see any play time. If free maps means charging for little things like bots, I am all for it.

shandy706

Well...I know what just took over as the next game I'm going to play a TON of out in the middle of nowhere in the field at work.

Awesome!!!

PensOwl

Banned
It's somewhat surprising that the bot mode is paid dlc, but it seems fair considering it was a genuine reaction to consumer requests and it's pretty far after the game's launch.

Well worth it for any KZ:M fan, especially since people with Vita 3G plans seems rather rare

dracula_x

Played about 14 hours last week, so yes, multiplayer is still active.

Also the game itself is a very fun and, actually, I liked it more than Killzone 2 or 3 (I'm speaking about multiplayer here). Not sure about Killzone: Shadow Fall though, because haven't tried yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Paying for Botzone...

Are you serious?
KCSeU4L.png

I'll say the same as I always say in these threads: When I buy a game, I'm buying the package offered, not the sum total of the labour of the studio over an arbitrary time, and certainly not their future labour. As such, the only things I expect for free are updates the fix problems with the features I actually bought. Anything else is a bonus, and I can take a look at each priced offering one at a time and decide whether that's worth the money - just as I did when I first bought the game.

Kaji

I've been sitting on the fence about this game because of questions over multiplayer activity levels but I've pulled the trigger on it now, yeeehaaa

wicko

PSBlog said:
Due to unforeseen processing issues, the Killzone Mercenary Botzone Soldier Training Pack has been delayed until this evening (4/15). Content should be available by 8pm PT. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Looks like it's delayed until later tonight. Source

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I've been sitting on the fence about this game because of questions over multiplayer activity levels but I've pulled the trigger on it now, yeeehaaa

Have fun; I can say with complete honesty that I enjoyed Mercenary more than just about any first person shooter of the last few years.

Kaji

Now I'm even more excited to finish work and sit on the bus :)

Smashing Shadow Fall MP at home to get my completion back up to 100% and now Mercs for the bus ride to/from work.....Killzone overload :)

Might as well make it £5, hate the wallet limit :\ One area Nintendo actually excels in. I'm sure it's very business smart, just annoying that no matter how cheap something is I'm always going to be spending at least £5.

I don't see the comparison. They play and look nothing alike.

It plays alike in the sense that the player is offered a variety of play spaces and engagement options for them to proceed as they like. Couple that with the stealth/cloak mechanic, silent melees, vanguard system and just overall high replay factor, then yes, you have something that is similar to Crysis, or more specifically Crysis2

Top Bottom