• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary Botzone Update: Out today! (EU tomorrow)

RedSwirl

From what I've heard about the campaign, and now this, Killzone Mercenary is increasingly starting to look like my kind of first person shooter.

Skyzard

Banned
It sounds to me like there is:

I really hope so, thank you for that.

I'm buying it anyway as I read it as paid dlc on the original blog update (EU, not the US one where it wasn't mentioned the same way), and it will be so awesome to have, but really glad there should be skill setting, downloading now.

I've never been so satisfied playing a game I suck so bad at.
Maybe I'll get a little better and learn the maps faster this way.

I've already gotten a better load out just with a few lunch break skirmishes!

:)

Arukado

I purchased this two hours ago: There is no warzone mode with bots (only deathmatch and team deathmatch) which sucks, and there is no option to play online with bots either, but you can select map, number of bots and 3 levels of difficulty for each bot.

Not bad (could be better though). Enough for me to grind the last trophy i need for the platinum, since i'm tired of repeating the same campaign chapter.

Skyzard

Banned
There is difficulty setting. Just click on the bronze icon (next to where u add the bots) to change the difficult setting. It will change from Bronze, Silver and Gold setting.

Awesome! Just on the train now but how do I access the bot mode?

No new options... I'm on the train at the moment with no internet for my vita, when I click multiplayer it just says error and goes back to main menu...

-----Doh, I need to download the game update

Awesome! Just on the train now but how do I access the bot mode?

No new options... I'm on the train at the moment with no internet for my vita, when I click multiplayer it just says error and goes back to main menu...

-----Doh, I need to download the game update

Noooooo! Man that sucks.

Yeah the game update includes the code, the PSN thing serves as an unlock.

Deadbeat

Banned
Bit of a tangent: I remember them mentioning they were going to add vita tv compatibility. Whats going on with that? I assume that was tied to VitaTV hitting NA/Europe and nobody knows whats going on with that.

Phii

Banned
Botzone is more fun than playing with other people.

Why?

Because my bots uses radio commands (next update; implement radio commands for online multiplayer, it would be nice to communicate with other people in some way).

KDR_11k

So I grabbed it (in part because the campaign felt a bit underwhelming)... Probably should've tried MP first, I thought KZ was more of a heavier, slower paced game but it's actually one of those competitive hidden object games.

As far as the bots discussion, bots are way more important for portable games because you can't always rely on having internet available. Really strange that they sold them separately but I wouldn't be surprised if the goal was to get people playing online to get at least some playerbase.

The only recent, decent portable shooter I remember with bot support is Kid Icarus Uprising but good portable shooters are very rare anyway. Was there anything other than KIU, KZM and Unit 18 these past few years?

So I grabbed it (in part because the campaign felt a bit underwhelming)... Probably should've tried MP first, I thought KZ was more of a heavier, slower paced game but it's actually one of those competitive hidden object games.

As far as the bots discussion, bots are way more important for portable games because you can't always rely on having internet available. Really strange that they sold them separately but I wouldn't be surprised if the goal was to get people playing online to get at least some playerbase.

The only recent, decent portable shooter I remember with bot support is Kid Icarus Uprising but good portable shooters are very rare anyway. Was there anything other than KIU, KZM and Unit 18 these past few years?

Not in the past few years, but Medal of Honor Heroes 2 on PSP had a robust 32 player online mode, which was unheard of then and now on a portable device.

shandy706

It's awesome. You can set difficulty for each bot, earn valor, and level up. Great addition to the game.

Yep! Played a couple rounds last night. Had some close, fun, matches.

This is awesome for my work in the middle of nowhere. I rarely get time or the signal to play anything online during the week with my Vita.

Top Bottom