• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

kakashi08

How good is this game, is it worth playing online. I just got Titanfall for the PC, its amazing and I'm having a blast. I also have BF4 on the PC and I like it. When I get a ps4 in the next couple weeks, should I pick this up. If its not going to suck online, how are the servers/connections/etc, does it run smooth.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How good is this game, is it worth playing online. I just got Titanfall for the PC, its amazing and I'm having a blast. I also have BF4 on the PC and I like it. When I get a ps4 in the next couple weeks, should I pick this up. If its not going to suck online, how are the servers/connections/etc, does it run smooth.

One of these things isn't like the other. One of these things doesn't belong on a system that is bolded...

Guru-Guru

Banned
Guess I spoke too soon, online is completely dead on my 2nd night with the game. I'm kind of wishing I picked up Persona 4 Golden instead. It especially sucks since I loved the 4v4 I was playing last night..

Skyzard

Banned
Guess I spoke too soon, online is completely dead on my 2nd night with the game. I'm kind of wishing I picked up Persona 4 Golden instead. It especially sucks since I loved the 4v4 I was playing last night..

Try setting DMZ on the router settings page for the Vita's IP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, the problem resolved itself. I think there was an issue with the servers in Japan. An hour after my previous post I was able to get in full matches.

No, there's issues with connections. I don't think they fixed it. It takes me rebooting the game and going in clean for it to even bother to connect to other people at times. Really annoying and botzone can't get here fast enough to at least have the multiplayer component not be a waste of dev time.

Guru-Guru

Banned
No, there's issues with connections. I don't think they fixed it. It takes me rebooting the game and going in clean for it to even bother to connect to other people at times. Really annoying and botzone can't get here fast enough to at least have the multiplayer component not be a waste of dev time.
Yeah, I figured out that I have to reboot the game to get into matches. Kind of annoying, hope they fix it. I have put about 5 hours in multiplayer, having a good time so far!

Just booted this game up last night for the first time in months to give the MP a whirl, and I discovered that I had bought (and promptly forgotten about) Botzone. Anyway, I played a few matches and it's absolutely brilliant! The AI is great, the maps are a lot of fun and the controls are great. I've really missed this game. Need to get back into it and take myself back online, as I played tons of the beta but very little of the full game after launch.

Alric

i'm with a lot of people here. Just booted it back up after not playing for months and loving it. Makes me wish there was some more multiplayer FPS on the Vita but i'll be damned if Killzone isn't awesome.

Just been away on holiday without decent internet where we were staying, and I played quite a bit of Botzone. Such a great mode which feels like typical multiplayer, albeit without the long loading and general waiting around. The AI is really good too.

Also been playing the campaign. Love this game so much; I wish it had got a PS4 remaster. It's really good but I'm never quite 100% happy with the Vita's small analogue sticks.

I've been trying to play Modern Combat 5 on my Android Tablet with the Ipega 9023 controls and it's just amazing how much better a game is when the controls have been tweaked and customized for a system. Coming back to this game from that just feels amazing.

The controls are much more refined and precise and just feel right. I found myself fighting with the controls rather than enjoying the game which is opposite on Killzone.

Also, it's amazing how well the graphics have held up on this game. I wish the Vita did better so we could have had more quality like this.

Zushin

Is anyone able to help me get a couple of trophies? Just need one for killing an enemy mid interrogation and one for rescuing an injured team mate. Already got my brother just need one more person.

Top Bottom