• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Trilogy announced for PS3, trailer, October release

Well the best would be Killzone 1 remade in current gen as part of this collection for the same $39. But I guess that's too much to ask.

I've never played any of these games. Are they worth it for single player only?

Umm, maybe? They're fairly simplistic, rote and short, with exceptional graphics, but theyre decent. For $39 I guess they would provide a lot of gameplay...whether the gameplay would be more compelling than a new release like Dishonored is up to you.

imo.

KalBalboa

Banned

You get bot matches, which can be fun, and split screen multiplayer with the first game. Killzone 3 also features split-screen cooperative throughout the campaign, too.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cool! I might pick this up; I actually liked the first Killzone, and it would be nice to have all three games in one place.

I have to say that I'm loving all of these collections from Sony. Not just the remastered PS2 games, ala Sly and Jak, but also the collections of PS3 titles, such as the inFamous pack, the God of War one (which has 2 PS2, 2 PSP, and 1 PS3), etc.

such a shame they couldn't realize the story potential they had with this series. all the concepts and history they created went down the drain in favor of same old swearing dull space marines...

wasn't so bad in the first one though i think. and the gameplay is always awesome so i keep buying them >_<

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
such a shame they couldn't realize the story potential they had with this series. all the concepts and history they created went down the drain in favor of same old swearing dull space marines...

wasn't so bad in the first one though i think. and the gameplay is always awesome so i keep buying them >_<

Yeah, it was a missed opportunity. I still enjoy the overall theme of KZ2 though... and think its ending was one of the ballsiest in AAA gaming.

Don't worry bro, I am sure the next one will be great. They got the Crysis 2 writer working on it.

Cudder

KZ1 is bought the second it goes up in the store.

I played the shit out of that game, online and offline. Ever since the online beta.

KZ1 really is the best in the trilogy.

Playing as Luger and taking the stealth routes while killing everyone with headshots using her pistol >>>

killzone_022504__022504_007.jpg

I hope the audio re-working of KZ1 leaves "not John, he was just a boy" (sic?) intact.
?

Explain pls

Vizari's speech in KZ1 is still the best spoken speech in games ever.
Yes. Yes it is. I used to watch that opening cinema over and over again. I wonder if it'll get any kind of upgrade?

KZ1 definitely is. Multiple playable characters + multiple routes through levels + alt firing weapons = a real fun and solid game. I didn't care much for KZ2, never played 3.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
KZ1 is bought the second it goes up in the store.

I played the shit out of that game, online and offline. Ever since the online beta.

KZ1 really is the best in the trilogy.

Playing as Luger and taking the stealth routes while killing everyone with headshots using her pistol >>>

killzone_022504__022504_007.jpg

And her awesome knife throw melee attack... :)

iirc as cool as any of the "brutal melee" from KZ3. Luger did it first!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's not a bad franchise, but criminally underutilized. There's some seriously unique and interesting backstory, but then they make a generic broshooter like Killzone 3. :(

I agree. I've said it before, but I'll say it again because it feels good:

I'd love to see Guerrilla go the "Mass Effect" route. Take the Killzone franchise to the "non-linear," RPG genre.

Keep it a first person shooter, but instead let the player play through some of the critical events in Killzone history. Maybe even set the game during the break between the ISA and the Helghan empire. Let you choose what side of the conflict you want to be on, and make choices that effect the story, but still keep it in the KZ mold. Have the campaign stretch across Vekta and Helghan. Maybe even let you play as multiple characters (don't make it completely like Mass Effect, with a "create a character."

Have the story follow two main characters: One an ISA soldier, the other a Helghast. The campaigns cross paths, but they are mostly doing their own things in the broader scope of the conflict.

Killzone does indeed have one of the most interesting, but underutilized universes I've seen in a game, especially an FPS. A vanilla FPS just doesn't do it justice, in my opinion. Add in that extra layer of story. Have a lot of side quests and missions and dead drops that will help flesh out the world more. Keep the MP, and all of the other touches that make Killzone Killzone, but build on it.

So much atmosphere is left unappreciated in the KZ games. I'd like to explore Helghan and Vekta more, instead of being pushed through it on a corridor roller coaster (which I did enjoy, lol).

slider

?

Explain pls

I could very well be wrong but I recall that "John" line as a classic bit of dialogue in KZ1. I think it was during a bit of combat early in the game. I just hope it remains given the "upgraded audio" in the OP!

I really quite liked KZ1 until motion sickness got the better of me. But I will double dip.

Let's not overhype KZ1 it is an older game that is going to disappoint many probably. While it was decent at the time, it's still fairly old school design. The AI likely still is pretty crappy as it was the first time around. It was a game held back large part due to technical limitations back in the day and all the garbage "halo killer" crap, but for new players, don't go in expecting the most amazing experience.

Archon473

KZ1 singleplayer is very hard. Bullets are realistic and you can be mowed down in seconds. A slow and steady pace wins the war, but this marks an emphasis on strategic attacks (sniping or taking enemies out like coordinating a puzzle solution) and makes the open space firefights very harrowing.

KZ2 and KZ3 singleplayer can be played like run-and-gun FPSs on Normal difficulty, but this makes them very exhilarating like a good war movie. Elite difficulty reminds you of the original Killzone's animosity.

you cant polish a turd, or can you?

You've already met your "Member" quota. Why are you cluttering this thread with worthless posts?

graywolf323

I wonder if the entire collection is coming to PSN

so far in the comments they only seem to be confirming that Killzone 1 HD will be

Nizz

Killzone 2 and 3 took up a lot of space on their respective discs, no? I wonder if 2 and 3 will also be individual discs as 1 is?

HYDE

Banned
Holy crap at the blog statement saying 30 fps with no frame drops and at 720p...looks like I will finally be playing the first game.

I always just pretended the first one didn't exist and told myself that Liberation was really Killzone 1.

I think they should include a free voucher for Liberation with Mercenary, because more people need to appreciate that awesome game.

Top Bottom