• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Kardashian's IOs game set to make $200,000,000. That Kardashian brand power....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The $200million estimate comes from some analyst who also happened to report a buy rating for the game developers stock. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any other sales analysis. Bloomberg estimates revenue for the developer could rise as high as $160million, though that is with a host of other titles as well.

And it's not hard to imagine that very little of that money would actually make it's way back to the Kardashian family, who probably weren't involved in funding and simply licensed out the name and voice work

I'm impressed that the Kardashian name has such a strong brand that they can even license a video game.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that Kim Kardashian: Hollywood! keeps up the brand integrity and tastefulness that Kim is known for so she can be an inspiration to young girls everywhere.

Jasper

KIM KARDASHIAN TO POCKET 85 MILLION DOLLARS FOR 'KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD' VIDEO GAME!!!

Kim Kardashian $85 MILLION WINNER

0715-kim-kardashian-game-5.jpg

Kim Kardashian stands to make around $85 MILLION from the new video game iPhone app that boasts her namesake ... more than she made last year in all of her other ventures combined ... TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the deal tell TMZ ... Kim's cut is 45% of net profits. The game -- "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood" -- is set to gross a reported $200 million this year alone.

We're told the actual expenses associated with the business are relatively low. A straight 45% cut of $200 million totals a whopping $90 million. Industry sources tell TMZ ... expenses would not exceed $10 million.

So ... we're no mathematicians, but 45% of $190 million is $85.5 MILLION FREAKING DOLLARS.

To put this in context ... according to Forbes, Kim made $28 million last year.

As you know...the game is all about becoming a virtual celebrity, but it costs real money to buy your way to the top.

Now the bad news for Kim. We're told she has to pay her agent, Uncle Sam and, of course, her mom Kris.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/16/kim-kardashian-hollywood-85-million-dollars-video-game-app/

Longsword

200m is not impossible, Think Gaming that is considered very reliable pegs the games grossing at c 300 000$ a day on US alone, and on iOS alone. Rest of the word adds up quickly. It all depends how long legs the game has. Full year at this rate and 200m can be passed. Few weeks and it will fizzle at 30m plus level. Still good for dev costs.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm actually giggling at some of the fake twitter posts in the screenshots

Willow Page

A NOBODY ruins the party and I get kicked out? How does @Tracie even know @KimKardashian? Total Conspiracy! #illuminati #obamacare

hashtags killed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom