• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Kardashian's IOs game set to make $200,000,000. That Kardashian brand power....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her empire knows no bounds.

irI6OwXDMYwO0.png

charsace

The Kardashian mother is one of the greatest managers of all time. She took 3 daughters who only know how to spend money and has made hundreds of millions off of them.

ronito

Honestly, as a business consultant who's spent years researching marketing, branding, business strategy and logistics the whole Kardashian thing just makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and say "Fuck it. I don't know, just do whatever the hell they're doing."

Really they break so many rules of sensible business and they just make money hand over fist.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The Kardashian mother is one of the greatest managers of all time. She took 3 daughters who only know how to spend money and has made hundreds of millions off of them.

She must have some kind of demonic contract written in blood or something, it defies logic.
It's why the media coined her "Momager"

who wants to get together and make a shitty exploitative iOS game?

It'll be about becoming the most popular member on GAF, guaranteed hit.

Why do people like watching the Kardashians? So low class. I get my entertainment by shooting simulated humans in simulated warfare. Or racing really fast simulated cars.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Our species as a whole has reached a new low. The only way for us to repent is to watch Paris Hilton's new music video "Come Alive"

crying.gif

not her video being a poor imitation of Rihanna's "Only Girl in the World" with vocals worse than present day Britney
trash.gif

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
if they were smart they would invite the person with the highest score on the game to be on the show or some event. these wanna be socialites would spend insane amounts of money for that...

Savitar

It says a lot about society when a person can get famous for a sex tape and have no real other talent besides looking pretty yet the whole family gets mega rich from that one incident.

Nemesis_

It's apparently quite an okay game, though I have no interest in it. It's a typical F2P game that is just like all those other ones. I mean Candy Crush Saga makes millions, doesn't it?

kswiston

How is the Analyst predicting $200M even getting that number? Looks like the game has been out less than 3 weeks. This seems like a huge stab in the dark.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I've seen video evidence that Kim Kardashian knows how to do a couple other things.

How is the Analyst predicting $200M even getting that number? Looks like the game has been out less than 3 weeks. This seems like a huge stab in the dark.

Good question, but the game is trending like crazy:

6tTQcXc.jpg

That many ratings in such a short time has to say something.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

You can get strong indications of how much a game is doing in terms of downloads and revenues using some pretty powerful tools. And launch performance is usually a very strong indicator of lifetime performance.

When I checked out the game yesterday it seemed to be ranking pretty highly though I wasn't looking closely enough to know how far out on a limb that prediction goes.

This story seems to be getting a lot of traction though and will certainly help the game towards achieving the goal it predicts.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I still don't even know what the fuck these people are.

ronito

this is event-creation. Guy says it might make X amount, therefore gets attention, makes said amount of money. Or not. Either way, it's kind of a scam.
Maybe, it could be a pump and dump thing. But analysts get their money for being right more often than wrong. So it seems a little less credible that this could be just event creation. But then, give someone a big enough money hat....

Personally I've been saying there's a mobile game bubble this will either be a very profitable game, or the beginning of the end of the mobile bubble.

Also, there's plenty of analysts that are consistently wrong and are still around. Some even post on gaf

Tonguer

I have to scoff at that GUESStimated income potential. This just seems... 'ridiculous' doesn't even do it justice, there should be a new word to describe it.

downloading now; I have to understand. #$@!

It's apparently quite an okay game, though I have no interest in it. It's a typical F2P game that is just like all those other ones. I mean Candy Crush Saga makes millions, doesn't it?

That's billions with a "B", Candy Crush is making billions. Its parent company will have over 2 billion dollars of revenue this year, most of it coming from Candy Crush.

"kustomize"

786924311732306212.jpg

REALLY? Kustomize? They really love that letter. So not only will young kids lose their unwitting parents money with this app, their spelling will go down the toilet and we'll have a whole generation running around sounds like Ultimecia from FF8 :(
They are targeting a certain audience... perfectly, I would say.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I just checked the current rankings, and the game is currently in the Top 10 of the Top Grossing charts on iOS in 30 countries, including the UK, US, Ireland, Canada, and Australia, though missing big markets like France, Germany, and Japan. It is in the Top 100 in 74 countries.

Pretty impressive given it charted high from day 1 three weeks ago, and has been climbing ever since. Looks like it still has room to move and continued upwards momentum.

At the very least, it is making 10s of thousands of dollars a day, but probably isn't making 100s of thousands a day.

$200m is a big call off the stats I see, though as mentioned above. I'd personally peg it at around $25-35m lifetime as it doesn't have the same traction in all markets (which is still a massive amount for a mobile game of this complexity). This analyst's prediction is getting a lot of press which will help drive it higher though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
772689528068318125.jpg

I thought that jewel thing in front of her head was a devil horn at first.

Whatever. She took a sex tape appearance and turned it into the biggest celebrity brand of the last ten years. I'm not a fan and I've spent exactly $0 on her products but you have to admit that her maneuvering is impressive. That sort of success doesn't just fall into your lap.

Ionian

Whatever. She took a sex tape appearance and turned it into the biggest celebrity brand of the last ten years. I'm not a fan and I've spent exactly $0 on her products but you have to admit that her maneuvering is impressive. That sort of success doesn't just fall into your lap.

She didn't, her Mother did.

Whoever thinks she'll make 200 million off this is out of their minds. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom