• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come announced - Realistic open-world first-person Medieval RPG

-SD-

Banned
EDIT:

* * * KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN * * *

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance

KS trailer has tons of new footage.

deliverancepsa2s.jpg

Tagline: Dungeons and No Dragons.

Teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdPyK1fI6Dw
Dev site: http://www.warhorsestudios.cz
Platforms: PC, PS4 and XBO
Release: 2015

Full title is Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Being developed by former Mafia, Mafia 2, Operation Flaspoint and ArmA guys.

YouTube said:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is first-person, open-world realistic RPG set in medieval Europe. Enjoy unique melee combat, castle sieges, battles and quests in this epic RPG.

More info coming in January.

I really hope Warhorse nails the 'realistic' aspect because I've been yearning for something like this for a long time.

Early look at the combat (March 2013). Click the GIF for source.

EDIT: Screens:

Looks amazing!

This is something I've been looking forward to for awhile. The initial interview about region mapping and recreating a area 100% sounded astounding.
Honestly this sounds like mount and blade fused with Medieval Warfare. Hopefully it can fulfill my need of strategy and non linearity well enough.

DryvBy

I hope to see some footage at E3 2014. I've wanted a realistic medieval game that's open world for a while. Morrorwind is the most realistic I've got at my house. Because Morrorwind is the best of Elder Scrolls.

ReaperXL7

Why bother announcing this when it wont be available until 2015? The concept is cool, I like the idea of a more realistic medievil rpg, but at the same time I hate these teasers that show zero gameplay. The same goes for stuff like Uncharted 4, or any other announcement video that gives me no indication of what the game will either look, or play like.

Ill be curious to see a legit trailer, or gameplay video, but until then Ill hold off on getting too excited.

Foaloal

This is a type of game that I still don't think anybody has nailed.

Various games get aspects of it right, from Dark Messiah to Skyrim, but no game has delivered the full package (at least no that I'm aware of).

I'd say I'm tentatively excited for this. I hope they can pull it off, but I'm skeptical.

Durante

I think this could be great.

They have a blog which has some entries that show more insight into the pitfalls of realistic open world RPG design than what many highly acclaimed titles indicate for their respective developers.

jet1911

Love the reaction of the guy in the gif.

You are Krutor, a wild barbarian from the land of Morkroch. You have travelled a very long journey, across high mountains to the famous imperial city of Lhota, the capitol of the world and largest agglomeration in the known universe, whose fame touches the stars.

The city consists of precisely fifteen buildings (one of which is the imperial palace); the town is inhabited by 30 NPCs, including Emperor Lojza, Archmage Lotrando and all of the members of the guilds of thieves, mages and warriors.

You visit the emperor, who sits alone in the throne hall, and he assigns you with an quest. The land is terrorised by an evil dragon from hell and Lojza is powerless. He has sent an entire imperial army against it, but the monster has killed all five soldiers. Now, he needs a hero like you! You have to find and climb the mystical mountain, Lohen, on which no human has ever set foot, and behead the dragon.

You accept the quest and set out from the town gate. The mystic mountain Lohen is precisely 150 metres from the gate and is about 50 metres high. All of the inhabitants of the city are either retarded, blind or crippled if they have not managed to notice it for centuries. After an approximately 30-metre walk to the mountain, you come to ‘no man’s land’ and are attacked by bandits. During another 120m walk to the peak, you also notice an ancient fortress Rumloch, a secret dungeon of doom and a bandit hideout. At the peak of the mountain, you kill a one-hundred-metre dragon by beating its foot with a rusty sword and drinking potions. Then, you rob the corpses of the imperial army (all five) and on the way back to the castle are killed by a wild boar.

Welcome to an average RPG.

Hahahaha!

DocSeuss

Love the reaction of the guy in the gif.

Hahahaha!

My response to this is just KRUTOR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Been looking forward to what these guys were working on. This thing looks straight-up AAA, and with a cool premise, going with real-world stuff in an RPG. Color me reaaly, really eager to find out more.

Anyone made sure Durante has this on his list of RPGs?

Unai

Damm it. I thought i was Superman related. My hopes of finally having a good Superman game raised once again.

**** go cries in the bathroom ***

Edit: beaten.

Forkball

Could be awesome. I would prefer this to be third-person though since first person sword fighting can be a bit rough.

DiscoJer

No, no, the subtitle is nice.

So that they can reprise this title structure when announcing Kingdom Come: The Mandatory Fantasy Expansion.

They should pick a title that doesn't remind people of a movie. Or at least a movie that doesn't inspire many jokes.

Durante

Anyone made sure Durante has this on his list of RPGs?
My list is for 2014. That's already enough work ;).

I'll make a thread around the end of the month.

I read that part about Krutor the barbarian a dozen times at this point and it still cracks me up.
It's quite insightful.

"You accept the quest and set out from the town gate. The mystic mountain Lohen is precisely 150 metres from the gate and is about 50 metres high."

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Been excited about this ever since that gameplay teaser was leaked. Sounds like a fusion of Mount&Blade and TES, i.e. one of the best game concepts one could imagine.

2015 is a long way off, though. :(

GoaThief

Concept sounds great, I really enjoy first person as it's very immersive and melee combat does work from that perspective.

That title however, Kingdom Come? I cringed a little.

I've been waiting for more info on this game ever since they showed parts of it in that CryEngine demo. Glad to see it's been officially announced. It looks incredible! 2015... aww. Well, looking forward to hearing more about it in January.

Sentenza

People, we got it, you expected something based on the graphic novel.
Can we stop stating it every two posts now?

Top Bottom