• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024

But the game still looks better than most games releasing today, so is that really needed?
I agree. The PS4 version runs fine, and I run the PC version at native 1440p on my 3060 at over 100fps in high quality mode.

Maybe some people just look for reasons to not play games.

TVexperto

I think combat in KCD was fine for as long as you weren't fighting with more than 3 dudes.

Also, I think many people skipped training with Cpt. Bernard near the start of the game. He teaches you the Master Strike which is a very important move, but this is optional and you can get your ass handed to you by some low level bandits if you don't have it.
I think I skipped it ... maybe I should go back to him

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I had a 1070 and could play it just fine. Most crucial update for that game was to have an SSD for the asset streaming, practically unplayable with a mechanical drive. But do enjoy!
I mean, it was back in 2018, 1070 was only and somewhat good enough for 1080p in this game, it could barely handle 1440p with ~27-30FPS. I've 3080Ti right now, I'll be fine.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think I skipped it ... maybe I should go back to him
He should be waiting in the eastern exit of Rattay near some combat arena.

If you did skip him, make sure to go back to where he is and learn the Master Strike, a combo for your weapon of choice and, if you want, just train against him with wooden swords for a while until you get some skill points in Art of War and whatever weapon you are using.
Don't train with him with real weapons until much later on when you are more confident on your skills.

Also, don't skip on the Rattay tournament, since it's a nice way of getting combat experience without risking your own gear or health.

Matt_Fox

I played the first game for about 10-12 hours before bouncing off it...

It was like a Ridley Scott film. The sense of 'place' and era was brilliant. It had an authentic middle-ages feel to it.

But the controls let it down. It may be that they wanted you to begin the game underpowered and unskilled, as your character was. However it really meant that it was unsatisfying to play. It felt like a janky struggle just to shoot an arrow or swing a sword.

If they can smooth out the controls, then this sequel could be something really special!

DryvBy

Haven't played the first one cuz of the the technical issues - it wasn't great performance-wise and was very demanding at the time of release (my poor 1070 didn't had a chance) and I didn't know if I'll like the combat.

Bought Royal Edition a few days ago, it's about time to give it a shot at least.
It's great. One of the best RPGs I've played regardless of bugs. Combat takes a bit to get used to but outside of that and some old lingering bugs, it's a perfect AA game.

Havoc2049

I played the first game for about 10-12 hours before bouncing off it...

It was like a Ridley Scott film. The sense of 'place' and era was brilliant. It had an authentic middle-ages feel to it.

But the controls let it down. It may be that they wanted you to begin the game underpowered and unskilled, as your character was. However it really meant that it was unsatisfying to play. It felt like a janky struggle just to shoot an arrow or swing a sword.

If they can smooth out the controls, then this sequel could be something really special!
It's an RPG, where the character begins the game as a young man still living with his parents. The jank at low levels is intentional. Level up your various combat skills, the jank goes away and the combat becomes very satisfying. It's not an action-adventure game where you begin the game as a master swordsman. The combat is actually pretty deep and one of the strengths of the game. It's not just the combat either, Henry pretty much sucks at everything at the beginning of the game and everything is kinda janky. Level up your speech, stealth, charisma, health, stamina, lockpicking skills, horsemanship, etc and all the jank goes away.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It's an RPG, where the character begins the game as a young man still living with his parents. The jank at low levels is intentional. Level up your various combat skills, the jank goes away and the combat becomes very satisfying. It's not an action-adventure game where you begin the game as a master swordsman. The combat is actually pretty deep and one of the strengths of the game. It's not just the combat either, Henry pretty much sucks at everything at the beginning of the game and everything is kinda janky. Level up your speech, stealth, charisma, health, stamina, lockpicking skills, horsemanship, etc and all the jank goes away.
I loved that aspect, specially everything related to reading. The way letters are scrambled when you are at low levels makes it a funny game mechanic.

Wonder how they'll approach all this stuff on the sequel. Will we start as seasoned adventurers that already know how to read, fight, pick locks and so on? :pie_thinking:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
One of the great games of all time. Captures Middle Ages Europe perfectly. Love the history, love Christianity, love Europe.

Hyped.

Never played it, but if it’s true to the Middle Ages, I’m in.

2024 video gaming needed some welcome news. PS5 Pro bound?

Matt_Fox

2SyTKlh.png

ak8TwpR.png

I'm loving the look! So many games these days have stylised graphics and an exaggerated artstyle, and it's great to have one that goes for realism.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 Announced, Will be 'Twice as Big' as the Original: ‘A Behemoth of a Game’

Warhorse Studios has officially announced Kingdom Come: Deliverance II, the sequel to its popular RPG set in medieval Bohemia. Warhorse Studios fully unveiled the sequel at a private event last week, confirming among other things that it will be twice as large as the original, touting it as a “behemoth” of a game.

“What we are making now is what it was supposed to be in the beginning, but we weren’t able to do it because we didn’t have enough resources and experiences and all that stuff,” creative director Daniel Vavra said in a presentation. “We’ve proven the concept works, so now we can take it to another level, which is what we always wanted.”

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

So are we not in Prague?
Kuttenberg. First game ended with Hans and Henry being sent there on some mission or some shit I barely rememeber.
The ending and epilogue sure felt a bit rushed in the first game.

1273ZEC.jpeg

You can literally smell the testosterone

REEEE in tatters
based slavs saving videogames

Emedan

I mean, it was back in 2018, 1070 was only and somewhat good enough for 1080p in this game, it could barely handle 1440p with ~27-30FPS. I've 3080Ti right now, I'll be fine.
Fair enough I did only play at 1080p though that is fine enough for me.

TVexperto

that whole presentation and mood was amazing
will probably double dip when this releases just to show reee that good games should be supported

Last edited:

TVexperto

hope REEE is happy

Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, "Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period."

But when asked if Warhorse's philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game's DLC, A Woman's Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, "The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it's darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players's conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.

Top Bottom