• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
is there exploration and dungeons to explore or is it all just visceral, life-like person-to-person interactions and combat.
To me, the map felt like a medieval GTA. There's not much to do aside from going to mission to mission or enjoying the side activities, which are great.

But yeah, exploring the wilderness isn't really worth it imo.

makaveli60

I didn’t really want to watch the whole reveal, but after reading the posts here I had to. And I came away positively surprised, awesome reveal. Looks current genish, if it looks like this on consoles it may sit among the best looking games. And that music... simply beautiful art.

I got the first game day 1, I was quite hyped for it and also wanted to support the devs because of the unwarranted hate they got from the insane evil groups. I enjoyed it but for some reason I dropped it after a couple of hours because of other games etc. and never got back to it since then, which is a shame. But I will definitely do it, now that I just bought the DLCs that are on sale now. If they released a current gen patch that would be so good too.

There's exploration of an open-world map, pretty much as seen in other period pieces such as Red Dead Redemption 2, but there aren't any dungeons because dungeons don't really exist in real life.
They didn’t? Oh. Dang, I didn’t know dungeons didn’t exist in real life. You see, until you came along I was just such a fucking moron. Thank God for you being on Neogaf, and responding to my post.

Jesus Christ, this place sometimes…

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
They didn’t? Oh. Dang, I didn’t know dungeons didn’t exist in real life. You see, until you came along I was just such a fucking moron. Thank God for you being on Neogaf.

Jesus Christ, this place sometimes…
What I meant is that dungeons as we know them in videogames - for instance, entering a cave or catacomb for a more or less extended period of combat and/or exploration - aren't in Kingdom Come because considering the game's setting, Middle Ages Bohemia, there wouldn't be any way for them to depict a traditional dungeon in terms of level and encounter design without it feeling incredibly out of place in such realistic setting.

Which is exactly what you were asking in your previous post, pretty much wondering if this was more The Elder Scrolls/Zelda or more Red Dead Redemption in its open-world game design.

And yes, you're a fucking moron.

Mercador

I played the first one last summer, it was running not-so-good on my old 1070 but on my new 4070, I was able to achieve 4K60 and oh boy, it's such a looker. I guess I'll need a 7070 to enjoy the second one...

What I meant is that dungeons as we know them in videogames - for instance, entering a cave or catacomb for a more or less extended period of combat and/or exploration - aren't in Kingdom Come because considering the game's setting, Middle Ages Bohemia, there wouldn't be any way for them to depict a traditional dungeon in terms of level and encounter design without it feeling incredibly out of place in such realistic setting.

Which is exactly what you were asking in your previous post, pretty much wondering if this was more The Elder Scrolls/Zelda or more Red Dead Redemption in its open-world game design.

And yes, you're a fucking moron.
I’m already well aware of literally everything you’ve said. Including your lack of ability to hold a conversation with an adult. Thanks for proving my point tho with your second post. 👍

Mercador

The fuck....

Why is time going faster?
You are getting older.

Our subjective view of time changes as we get older.

Guilty_AI

The fuck....

Why is time going faster?
7s3tkdrv0iz61.png

hussar16

Up3xZYJ.jpeg
Qrq7X81.jpeg

Biggest city they claim yet its dead with no crowds just like the first game. This is suppose to be the biggest city in Bohemia where are the npcs and crowds

bender

What time is it?
-No mention of streamlining for mainstream audiences or other red flags
-Hardcore old school RPG
-Reactivity improved, villagers will treat you differently depending on how they observe your behavior
-Game world is twice the size, more diverse environments
-Nature is full of wildlife and secrets
-Storyline is less about bandits, more royal and epic
-The game they wanted to make originally but lacked the resources to do

ctrl-f 'robots'
no results found

Flabagast

Up3xZYJ.jpeg
Qrq7X81.jpeg

Biggest city they claim yet its dead with no crowds just like the first game. This is suppose to be the biggest city in Bohemia where are the npcs and crowds
Every NPC has a full life cycle and a place to sleep in the city.

Please show me a game with big crowds that do this. You can’t have both.

Cyberpunk had relatively high NPC count but they were « fake ». You can’t have it both ways in our current times imho

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Up3xZYJ.jpeg
Qrq7X81.jpeg

I would suggest reading up on population densities for major settlements in the period and in the region. You aren’t going to be getting 80+ people like modern day New York walking down the streets.

Stafford

PSA

The first game is currently on sale for just $4 on Xbox right now.

I was close to buying it until I saw "install" and I was like, aaaah, I did buy this a few years ago. It just became a backlog title. The 30fps is a bummer but it's not unplayable. I do like how in the very first quest you can already do stuff in different ways.

Cyberpunk had relatively high NPC count but they were « fake ». You can’t have it both ways in our current times imho

Game takes place in 1400, makes sense it's not that dense.

Last edited:

TVexperto

cyperpunk even with its full fake npcs looked so fake because they were just copy paste and when it launched and you turn around they would just despawn in front of you, it was such an immersion killer

Dr. Suchong

One thing I hope they fix in the sequel is the awful, scattershot tutorials.
Lock picking is essentially broken on console.
Enjoying the first so far, but there's some itches you can't scratch.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I was close to buying it until I saw "install" and I was like, aaaah, I did buy this a few years ago. It just became a backlog title. The 30fps is a bummer but it's not unplayable. I do like how in the very first quest you can already do stuff in different ways.

I looked up the DF video for this and none of the consoles was rock solid, the One X version was at least 1440p, so just barebones BC will remedy the drops and make it a much more playable experience.

Although I'm also hoping for a quick 60 FPS patch for this in the next few weeks or so.

Denton

A little Novigrad vibe from the first TW3 trailer.

The-Witcher-3-features-the-iconic-city-of-Novigrad.jpg
I remember how utterly mindblowing this shot was back in 2014. And frankly, it still is.
Of course, lot of it is thanks to the baked-in lighting they did for it, which they had to rip out for the actual game to replace it with dynamic system allowing for day night cycles.
I tried to emulate this shot now, it does not look quite as striking, but still awesome, Novigrad rules. LoD (or Ansel?) removed all citizens though..

cz1nFbz.jpeg

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Its far from the biggest city in Bohemia, its just a district town and one of the smaller ones, plus it went through some shit roughly around the time this game is supposed to take place.

Never seen a crowd there, outside of a large sale at a supermarket or some special event. I would say that not having a lot of npcs would be authentic even today.

Last edited:

Braag

I played the first one last summer, it was running not-so-good on my old 1070 but on my new 4070, I was able to achieve 4K60 and oh boy, it's such a looker. I guess I'll need a 7070 to enjoy the second one...
The first game is really really CPU intensive. Dunno if it's fault of CryEngine or the devs (probably both), but the game loads up heavily on a single core and the rest of the cpu cores are barely doing anything, GPU utilization is surprisingly low from my testing as well. It's just badly optimized.
I really hope they have resolved these issues with the sequel.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The first game is really really CPU intensive. Dunno if it's fault of CryEngine or the devs (probably both), but the game loads up heavily on a single core and the rest of the cpu cores are barely doing anything, GPU utilization is surprisingly low from my testing as well. It's just badly optimized.
maybe back then but its fine now. im maxing out the game at native 4k 60 fps with room to spare on the gpu.

3080 + i7-11700k. definitely cpu taxing but not on my cpu, at least not to the point where its bottlenecking my gpu. though i can see 6 year old cpus struggling with it.

Here I come, ready to make your day a bit worse. Don't shoot the messenger!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 was revealed yesterday, and is set to be a considerably larger and more comprehensive representation of medieval life. As part of this, it's set to address one of the more controversial elements of the first game, its lack of diversity.

In an interview with IGN, Warhorse was asked directly about its philosophy on historical accuracy in the first game, and whether that philosophy had changed in the second. To this Warhorse responded "Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively cosmopolitan city that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey."

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I read the game scaled with the number of cpu cores? There should be no issue in providing a 1440p60 experience on high settings for current gen consoles.

Last edited:

Gp1

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 was revealed yesterday, and is set to be a considerably larger and more comprehensive representation of medieval life. As part of this, it's set to address one of the more controversial elements of the first game, its lack of diversity.

In an interview with IGN, Warhorse was asked directly about its philosophy on historical accuracy in the first game, and whether that philosophy had changed in the second. To this Warhorse responded "Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively cosmopolitan city that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey."

Which was exactly the same explanation they gave for the first game.

You ain't going to find minorities in 15th century rural Bohemia (hell, even today you ain't going to find it). But in big cities? Probably some here's and there's.

Even in the most diverse countries the rural areas ain't that diverse with the exception of zones that received huge migration fluxes as workforce.

These guys thinks the that the entire world is southern California or downtown Manhattan.

Oberstein

Best answer so far:

The problem with adding "Diversity" is that it's not always the diversity that I assume people like Sean Miller want to see. Was Bohemia diverse in the 1500s ? Absolutely. There were Czechs, Germans, Hungarians, Poles, Italians, Serbians and even some cases of Greek refugees, incursions of Cumans and Anatolian Turks. Oh sorry wrong sort of diversity. Were there Japanese, Arabs, South Americans, Sub-Saharan Africans ? No.

hussar16

I would suggest reading up on population densities for major settlements in the period and in the region. You aren’t going to be getting 80+ people like modern day New York walking down the streets.
it was actually very desnse and populated, cities in medieval times were overpopulated at times,excpet when the plague came

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
it was actually very desnse and populated, cities in medieval times were overpopulated at times,excpet when the plague came

The average population density in the region at the time was around 25-30 people per square mile. Larger settlements often had 200-250, maybe reaching near 500. Still now here near as large as you seem to believe.

Top Bottom