• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Yawnier

Banned
Very nice OT, might buy this game but the traversal in that Little Mermaid world still gives me nightmares.

Does the Japanese voiceover in FINAL MIX also apply to US and Europe releases?
Any word on this feature also going into Re:Chain of Memories and 358/2 days?

Does the Japanese voiceover in FINAL MIX also apply to US and Europe releases?
Any word on this feature also going into Re:Chain of Memories and 358/2 days?

No, which is dumb. The game is only 20GB they could have dedicated the extra 5GB to other languages too. Oh well. Square doesn't think.

I hope the change in aspect ratio is unnoticeable. I freaking hate it when companies bastardize old films by chopping off the top/bottom of the frame just so there are not any black bars on the side. Consumers are really stupid sometimes. /tangential_rant

Yes, this is basically the very first game (with new additions never before seen in the west) and the two interquels - Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days - before Kingdom Hearts 2. The only slight oddity is that Kingdom Hearts 2 actually released before Days, so watching Days first might be a little weird but nothing significant.

Nice, thanks man. All those fancy game titles are confusing to an outsider.

netguy503

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I heard not changing armor is very easy on final mix. Speedster can be done by avoiding enemies and skipping Atlantis and doing Halloween Town (you don't have to do all the worlds to beat the game). You can also just replay a level without continuing for that gold trophy. You're making the trophy list sound harder than it will be.

Now the difficulties not stacking is the real bitch. :(

I hope the change in aspect ratio is unnoticeable. I freaking hate it when companies bastardize old films by chopping off the top/bottom of the frame just so there are not any black bars on the side. Consumers are really stupid sometimes. /tangential_rant

It's totally different tho with Vidya Gaems. The widescreen is a big improvement, no two ways about it.

netguy503

Note that it has been confirmed that the cutscenes (while you can skip them) will not count in your speedrun time. So I would watch them. :)

Is this shot actually representational of the games visual quality?

q1aZbB8.jpg

Soul Beat

Super hyped for this! Absolutely day 1!

Especially since we're only gonna get a few copies.

This will be the first game that I platinum! Even if it's super difficult.

Tsunamo

I have a terrible addiction to this series and I need help ;_;
I do believe they cut off some of the image to get widescreen without black bars, but I personally feel as though it didn't make much of a difference to the original here.

I also have a problem with that in some movies, but it doesn't bother me as much in Videogames.
Is this shot actually representational of the games visual quality?
When displayed in 1080p (I'm prettysure it uses a form of AA while upscaled) yes.

So excited got 2 copies on order!

Won't bother with those trophies though. Once through is all I want. Relive that moment from 10 years ago.

- Ultima Weapon is more difficult to synthesize
Oh, great. So they decided that it wasn't annoying enough to hunt down those stupid(and adorable) white mushrooms to synthesize the Ultima Weapon. What could they possibly have done to make it even more annoying?

C-Sword

I wonder if I should get this? I still have the game on my ps2. Sure, it looks better now, but I'm not sure if it's worth paying again for graphic updates.

I wonder how they're going to get around that for KH3.

Luckily MS and Sony don't leave them much of a choise.

I wonder if I should get this? I still have the game on my ps2. Sure, it looks better now, but I'm not sure if it's worth paying again for graphic updates.
Well there is bunch of new content if you don't have the final mix version+there are ton more tweaks apart from graphic updates. The whole OST being orchestrated for example.

Seda

Well there are all the Final Mix additions as well as ReMix additions. But of course the game itself is largely the same.

D:

But isn't it the KH2 camera? I thought that was satisfactory. As long as I can invert it...I'm weird like that...

Same camera system but mapped the the right stick with a y axis. No it's not the KH2 camera. Re:COM also has the same camera. So expect it to work like RE:COM's camera.

Ridley327

It's definitely the definitive release for KH1, as it is the Final Mix version that hasn't been released outside of Japan until now, but it might be a harder pill to swallow if that's the only game in the collection you're interested in. Re:CoM is a straight port of the PS2 version that we've had for a while now, and the 358/2 Days cutscenes aren't anything to be excited about.

If I remember right I picked Shield and dropped Sword.
So yeah, #teamsword smells indeed.
#teamstaff. BOOOOOM
sOnQWcu.gif

ibyoWxsUukTtNE.gif

#teamsword. What is that? Is he tripping? Get outta here this ain't Smash! PFFt.
awkbL1l.gif

#teamshield.
lovsJq9.gif

Umm... Well... They get Leaf Bracer and Second Chance early! Yeah! Take that sword!

I finished 358/2 days and played half of coded. what horrible games, I'm glad its just movies for 358. I remember telling a friend, back when square announced the 3 portable KH games, that BBS is the one to look out for and that the both DS games would be garbage. I wasn't too far from the truth. I imagine when the next KH HD bundle comes out, it'll have KH2 Final Mix, Birth by sleep, and movies from Kingdom Hearts Coded. Sorry GAF, i don't mean to be such a debbie downer. I absolutely love KH1, and enjoyed KH2, BBS, and a little COM, DDD. Hopefully KH3 delivers.

First off I wanna say Kingdom Hearts 2 was hot garbage.

With that being said, can't wait for this. It's been forever since I played the original so it'll basically be a brand new game for me.

RPGCrazied

I'm in, getting from Amazon. Wish it had a better CE or something, but better than nothing. Can you play this in 1080p?

First off I wanna say Kingdom Hearts 2 was hot garbage.

With that being said, can't wait for this. It's been forever since I played the original so it'll basically be a brand new game for me.

KH2:FM is a huge, huge improvement over KH2 (but yes, vanilla KH2 was massively flawed).

Top Bottom