• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

You guys joke but for the longest time ("time I first learnt of KH to the release of KH3") I was convinced that the big resolution was that Sora was everyone and everything. I suppose 358/ 2 Days kinda stole my thunder in that regard...

Dammit, you lucky Europeans! I've been playing the demo at least twice every week. Can't friggin' wait for this game. Thankfully, it releases right in the middle of my vacation, so I'll have all week to dig into it. The next two weeks can't pass by quickly enough. ;-;

I've been replaying I, II, and BBS in preparation. Body is ready.

Ein Bear

I've only played the original PS2 Kingdom Hearts, but I really enjoyed it, and have been meaning to get into the series for a while.

Would someone mind quickly summarising which games I should play to catch up with the series? There seem to be... lots of them, and it all gets a bit confusing.

I've only played the original PS2 Kingdom Hearts, but I really enjoyed it, and have been meaning to get into the series for a while.

Would someone mind quickly summarising which games I should play to catch up with the series? There seem to be... lots of them, and it all gets a bit confusing.

I, II, and Birth by Sleep would be the "essential" titles, story-wise. I'd recommend Re:coded as well, simply because it's really friggin' fun.

Chain of Memories(either the original GBA game or RE:CoM on PS2), KH2, and BBS are the only ones that need to be played prior to Dream Drop Distance.

RPGCrazied

One of the few reasons I'm getting a 3DS. Sucks I have to wait a month after it releases. No sense to get a 3DS now when the XL is around the corner. Oh well, gives me time to play them all over again.

I just beat KH 1, am playing re:com right now.

Famassu

I, II, and Birth by Sleep would be the "essential" titles, story-wise. I'd recommend Re:coded as well, simply because it's really friggin' fun.
He might just as well play Re:Chains of Memories as well. It is, after all, on PS2 (so if he can play I & II, he can play ReCoM) AND kind of a predecessor to the gameplay of Birth By Sleep.

He might just as well play Re:Chains of Memories as well. It is, after all, on PS2 (so if he can play I & II, he can play ReCoM) AND kind of a predecessor to the gameplay of Birth By Sleep.

I suppose so. I didn't include it as I found CoM rather repetitive, myself. Decent game, though.

Ein Bear

Thanks guys! Re:CoM never got a PAL release on the PS2, so think I'll have to skip that one, but I'll grab the rest and give them a playthrough! :)

duckroll

In 2 weeks or so, I should have a 3DS. I can't believe it, buying a fucking region locked portable. Submitting to anti-consumer shit. All for the love of KH. :(

Nomura-samaaaaaaaaaa. :(

Seda

In 2 weeks or so, I should have a 3DS. I can't believe it, buying a fucking region locked portable. Submitting to anti-consumer shit. All for the love of KH. :(

I decided I'm gonna wait for the 3DS XL. I won't be playing until August :/

Shaffield

Just how neccesary is it to play BBS before getting into this game? I have it preordered, but I'm willing to put it aside until after I cave in and grab a PSP with BBS, which I plan on doing in a few weeks.

The story isn't a terribly crucial point for me; I've played the first two and CoM, but Ive always felt pretty lost in the plot. Just wondering if a basic summary of events important to the story of 3D would suffice, without ruining the experience of BBS since I plan to play that eventually.

Seda

Umm, so there's only five worlds? ;_;

Well, six.

Just how neccesary is it to play BBS before getting into this game? I have it preordered, but I'm willing to put it aside until after I cave in and grab a PSP with BBS, which I plan on doing in a few weeks.

The story isn't a terribly crucial point for me; I've played the first two and CoM, but Ive always felt pretty lost in the plot. Just wondering if a basic summary of events important to the story of 3D would suffice, without ruining the experience of BBS since I plan to play that eventually.

People said in the import thread that this game fully assumes you are familiar with all the other games, including BBS. Basically, you'll eventually want to know where the ending of BBS leaves Aqua, Terra, and Ventus.

Mario007

Haha in 2 and half weeks I'll be selling my 3DS, right after I finish KH

duckroll

Is that different from the other platforms you've bought? Because you had JP or Asian stuff before now.

Sony and Microsoft have a direct presence here where they sell and support JP/Asian hardware and software. Nintendo doesn't. The official local distributor for all Nintendo products here is Maxsoft. They have to distribute NA region hardware and software because there are no English language JP coded software from Nintendo, and the consoles are region locked. In the past they used to distribute major JP releases locally for the DS too, but that's clearly not an option anymore.

duckroll

This game is like BBS where you choose the character you wanna play first?

And how long is the game?

Nah, there is no character selection. You play as both characters, but the game switches between the characters when a certain bar is depleted. It's like a timer. The game should be as long as BbS from what I've heard. 30+ hours.

Dereck

I was gonna say since you already have BBS, you might as well play it first.

Shaffield

I was gonna say since you already have BBS, you might as well play it first.

Oops, I think I was unclear. I don't own a PSP or BBS yet, but I intend to get one sometime soon (mostly for BBS and VC2). Would it be worth it to put aside 3D and wait until I decide to make that purchase ?

Nah, there is no character selection. You play as both characters, but the game switches between the characters when a certain bar is depleted. It's like a timer. The game should be as long as BbS from what I've heard. 30+ hours.

Oh, this timer seems interesting. And 30+ hours is what I was waiting for. Thanks for the answers!

Aeana

Sony and Microsoft have a direct presence here where they sell and support JP/Asian hardware and software. Nintendo doesn't. The official local distributor for all Nintendo products here is Maxsoft. They have to distribute NA region hardware and software because there are no English language JP coded software from Nintendo, and the consoles are region locked. In the past they used to distribute major JP releases locally for the DS too, but that's clearly not an option anymore.
It's still probably a mistake to get an NA one. (._. )

I really want to get Re:coded, it looks like a GREAT smaller-scale KH that is like the other games.

I loved the eShop demo, so I'll definitely get it down the road, hopefully the Mastery edition won't disappear soon.
Maybe I can get it on a sale! XD

Are there additional worlds aside from the ones in the OP?

Hard to believe it's almost here. In two weeks, I'll be purchasing a 3DS so I can play this game.

Given how amazing Birth by Sleep was, I can't wait to see what SE Osaka cooked up this time.

When I tried out that flowmotion stuff in the demo, I knew this was going to be a worthy title in the series. It's going to make boss battles seem like DBZ fights.

I'm getting an XL next month, how are the camera controls in this game, I just can't imagine not having control of the camera because of how bad it's been in this series

Very excited about this game otherwise

Vamphuntr

Excited for this. This will be my third 3DS game. It's a bit weird that it's releasing at the same time as Growlanser PSP. My poor wallet :(

Top Bottom