• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts BBS & 358/2 Days & Coded and FF Dissidia images

The Birth By Sleep I played at the DK something or other event looked pretty much like that. The image quality was the thing that impressed me the most about it.

Bizzyb said:
I was going to ask the exact same thing.

What the **** is going on here SE??

Some mobile phones are capable of some pretty damn impressive graphics. Square will push whatever they're working on as hard as they can. It's not like 358/2 looks bad anyway, it looks really good actually.

Bizzyb

Banned
I just realized those PSP screen shots look better than most third party Wii efforts.

That's just wrong....

duckroll

AndriaSang said:
The Birth By Sleep I played at the DK something or other event looked pretty much like that. The image quality was the thing that impressed me the most about it.

Wanna tell us about FFXIII and FF Versus XIII reaaaaaltimeeeeee stuff? :)

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Im kind of annoyed that Jermey Parish said that BBS looks pretty much looks just like Crisis Core. I mean, you can tell its the same engine, but its much more vibrant and colorful and has that distinct Kingdom Hearts smell.

Doin two fine games a disservice by generalizing them in that way.

Lain

I really, really hope that Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep will be a better game than that shitty, shitty Crisis Core game.

Snaku

Banned
Well I had enough of waiting for Square to possibly bring KHII Final Mix to America, and decided to watch the Birth by Sleep secret video. Holy crap...this game is gonna be epic. :eek:

Which begs the question, how are they gonna top that in KHIII?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Snaku said:
Well I had enough of waiting for Square to possibly bring KHII Final Mix to America, and decided to watch the Birth by Sleep secret video. Holy crap...this game is gonna be epic. :eek:

the obvious: better hardware/ more production monies

Snaku

Banned
Kodiak said:
the obvious: better hardware/ more production monies

But I mean, a giant keyblade war? They'd have to do some crazy Gurren Lagann-type escalation to best that.

Snaku said:

that video says to me, that basically BBS IS KH3, as far as we're concerned, that's the next KH that people NEED to experience as part of the franchise. The other two, like the GBA game, just use and recycle elements and slot in with other games, BBS makes completely new ones.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Snaku said:
But I mean, a giant keyblade war? They'd have to do some crazy Gurren Lagann-type escalation to best that.

This is Nomura we are talking about here.

Heh, Gainax should handle the character designs and story for KHIII. Problem solved.

I'm so glad I bought a PSP--I love it! And BbS and Dissidia may or may not have had something to do with it, but, yeah...er...

Anyway, fuck :( I thought Coded was the DS game because I missed the little gap in-between the DS and Coded pics. I was like, "Oh, it looks better now than the pics above. That's good :)" *realizes it's coded when he saw "DEBUG"* "Oh :(..."

BUT OMG! Birth by Sleep looks PHENOMENAL!!! :eek:

Kodiak said:
Im kind of annoyed that Jermey Parish said that BBS looks pretty much looks just like Crisis Core. I mean, you can tell its the same engine, but its much more vibrant and colorful and has that distinct Kingdom Hearts smell.

Doin two fine games a disservice by generalizing them in that way.

agreed
Crisis Core has great character models, but the environments/backgrounds are quite muddy and lacking, BBS looks much better here

Ydahs

PSP version looks awesome, but why are the DS shots at a too high resolution? I'll resize them to their proper size shortly.

EDIT:

wqpw9i.jpg

153bf5c.jpg

Looks much better now. Before it just looked like a pixel mess, but now we can see that the models look pretty damn good.

BlazingDarkness said:
that video says to me, that basically BBS IS KH3, as far as we're concerned, that's the next KH that people NEED to experience as part of the franchise. The other two, like the GBA game, just use and recycle elements and slot in with other games, BBS makes completely new ones.

358/2 Days isn't really a "use and recycle elements" considering it has to remake all the areas in 3D for the DS, plus add a new multiplayer mode.

Personally I'm really interested in it because Roxas needs more play time darn it.

[Off topic]
Personally, I think that the 6 days of Roxas, rather then being basically the tutorial section, should have been more spread out anyways. Flesh out each day into a little episode of gameplay. Plus, it would prolong the mystery of who he is.
[/Off topic]

PataHikari said:
358/2 Days isn't really a "use and recycle elements" considering it has to remake all the areas in 3D for the DS, plus add a new multiplayer mode.

Personally I'm really interested in it because Roxas needs more play time darn it.

[Off topic]
Personally, I think that the 6 days of Roxas, rather then being basically the tutorial section, should have been more spread out anyways. Flesh out each day into a little episode of gameplay. Plus, it would prolong the mystery of who he is.
[/Off topic]

eh, i was referring more to characters/story elements

Ydahs said:
PSP version looks awesome, but why are the DS shots at a too high resolution? I'll resize them to their proper size shortly.

EDIT:

wqpw9i.jpg

153bf5c.jpg

Looks much better now. Before it just looked like a pixel mess, but now we can see that the models look pretty damn good.
You can keep shrinking it down till it's only 1 pixel then there would be no jaggies at all.

Snaku said:

Pixar worlds.

Ydahs

Cirekiller said:
You can keep shrinking it down till it's only 1 pixel then there would be no jaggies at all.
All I did was shrink it down to DS's native resolution. This is how the screens are meant to be viewed, not twice the size the DS outputs.

I shrunk it so people get the idea of how the game is supposed to look.

Darkpen

Banned
can't wait for birth by sleep and dissidia

Gosh, the onion knight looks so funky... almost too amano-esque :lol

Farnack

Banned
Ydahs said:
All I did was shrink it down to DS's native resolution. This is how the screens are meant to be viewed, not twice the size the DS outputs.

I shrunk it so people get the idea of how the game is supposed to look.
I got the idea that the DS resolutions are practically unviewable on the PC. :lol

Farnack said:
I got the idea that the DS resolutions are practically unviewable on the PC. :lol

You might wanna have your eyes looked at if DS resolutions are 'practically unviewable' to you.

duckroll said:
The timeline will go something like this when they've all been released:

KH BbS (PSP) -> KH (PS2) -> KHCoM (GBA)/ KH Re:CoM (PS2) -> KH 358 (DS) -> KH2 (PS2) -> KH Coded (Mobile)

The bolded ones contain new worlds and original storylines, while the rest reuse worlds to fill in gaps and backstories for the other games.

You just killed the small interest that I had on 358/2.

Fuck that shit. I had enough of that with KHCoM...

Neomoto

I think 358/2 looks like shit. All the FF and DQ games on DS look far better, even the mobile screenshots look a lot better. I am basing this not just on these 2 screenshots, but every ingame screenshot/scan I've seen about the game.

The PSP and mobile game look ace though

Farnack

Banned
Pureauthor said:
You might wanna have your eyes looked at if DS resolutions are 'practically unviewable' to you.
Or maybe I just don't put my face 1 inch from my monitor.

That's what I had to do to see those puny image sizes properly.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Neomoto said:
I think 358/2 looks like shit. All the FF and DQ games on DS look far better, even the mobile screenshots look a lot better. I am basing this not just on these 2 screenshots, but every ingame screenshot/scan I've seen about the game.

Nah, man...KH 358/2 looks nice and it will be one of the prettier ds game when we see it in motion...but compared to Bbs it just look bad.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
PataHikari said:
Aqua, one of the three knights from the bonus movie at the end of KH2.

All three of these games I am so getting.

Though I'm disappointed that they aren't letting Roxas Dual wield. :(

If I remember correctly, Aqua is one of the playable characters.

If so DO WANT, I like the idea of playing the world of Kingdom Hearts as a girl.

Top Bottom