• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts BBS & 358/2 Days & Coded and FF Dissidia images

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hcoregamer00 said:
If I remember correctly, Aqua is one of the playable characters.

If so DO WANT, I like the idea of playing the world of Kingdom Hearts as a girl.
That is correct. She is one of the playable characters along with Terra and Ven. Can't wait for SE to start pimping her more in the screens, she looks cool.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Alaluef said:
That is correct. She is one of the playable characters along with Terra and Ven. Can't wait for SE to start pimping her more in the screens, she looks cool.

Woohoo!!!

When they mean playable, do you control her from start to finish, or do you control her for a portion of the game and then transition to another character?

Fuu

Hcoregamer00 said:
Woohoo!!!

When they mean playable, do you control her from start to finish, or do you control her for a portion of the game and then transition to another character?
This is part of a Nomura interview from Famitsu, when we still didn't know Aqua's name:

In the Story it's said that "Three Scenarios spelt by Three Heroes". Is there a relation between each scenario?
TN: There are three Heroes, Terra, Ven, and another character in KHBBS. A story is already prepared for all three of them. Therefore in a way you can say three games were made at the same time. (Laughs) It's difficult to zap through the explanation right now due to Scenario creating. However the beginning will be a bit hard to understand, but by completing all three Scenarios you will understand the entire story.

Do the names of the three heroes represent something?
TN: In Kingdom Hearts, Sora meant Sky, Riku meant Land, and Kairi meant Sea. In this game, the three meanings make a large impact on the game.

Are all three Scenarios happening around the same time?
TN: All of the Scenarios do take around the same time, however there are also some gaps between the timelines. Also there are times when all three heroes will meet.

Is the playing order decided yet?
TN: I believe it would be better if we gave the players a freedom of choice. However this is still being talked about, but I believe it would be better to choose whoever you want out of the three.

duckroll

Hcoregamer00 said:
Woohoo!!!

BbS has 3 leads, each with their own scenario. You can start any of the three scenarios first, and play them in any order.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Alaluef said:
This is part of a Nomura interview from Famitsu, when we still didn't know Aqua's name:

Nice, so essentially you get a narrative from her point of view if you choose Aqua.

But if you played all 3 of them you get the complete story.

Pretty good incentive to replay it 3 times.

Fuu

duckroll said:
BbS has 3 leads, each with their own scenario. You can start any of the three scenarios first, and play them in any order.
I wonder if we'll be able to backtrack and walk around every featured world with any of the three at some point, or even if the scenarios will feature different exclusive worlds.

duckroll

Alaluef said:
I wonder if we'll be able to backtrack and walk around every featured world with any of the three at some point, or even if the scenarios will feature different exclusive worlds.

I actually expect a lot of reuse between the 3 scenarios. It's common with games of this sort, it makes the game feel longer while not requiring as many unique assets. DMC4 is a good example of this. The cutscenes between the 3 scenarios will all be unique though, so I guess that's something.

Fuu

duckroll said:
I actually expect a lot of reuse between the 3 scenarios. It's common with games of this sort, it makes the game feel longer while not requiring as many unique assets. DMC4 is a good example of this. The cutscenes between the 3 scenarios will all be unique though, so I guess that's something.
Indeed. We've seen both Terra and Aqua in screens from Sleeping Beauty, that does means both will be visiting there at some point.

Part of the fun in KH to me is going back the worlds to farm item drops for synthesis (I hope there's synthesis in BBS) and, in case of KH1, going back to explore again with new skills to get the more hidden chests. Besides the reuse of settings in the different scenarios, after the three main stories are finished (or even before that) I hope they make it possible for you to select any of the playable characters and just stroll around the worlds without reservations.

Relaxed Muscle said:
You just killed the small interest that I had on 358/2.

Fuck that shit. I had enough of that with KHCoM...

Um, CoM wasn't so much a "side story" so much as "You won't understand half of KH2 without it."

While I don't expect 358/2 to have that much importance, I bet it'll be important for BBS. =)

Fuu

PataHikari said:
Um, CoM wasn't so much a "side story" so much as "You won't understand half of KH2 without it."

While I don't expect 358/2 to have that much importance, I bet it'll be important for BBS. =)
In the end, the full understading of the plot from Kingdom Hearts only matters to some. Count me in.

It got very convoluted with CoM and KH2, but I know many people that only played KH and KH2 and were very satisfied by that. I for one love the "mess", and plotwise I'm interested a lot in all of the games in the series (except that nonsense and non canon old cellphone game developed by Disney Interactive, that's just lol).

Now, from a gameplay and presentation perspective I can see how most would be put off by reused worlds, as a chunk of the appeal of the series is the clever use of Disney worlds and how they'll implement new ones.

duckroll

PataHikari said:

It's bullshit that you won't understand KH2 without CoM. It doesn't matter how many times people say it, it's bullshit. I like CoM, but it's because the gameplay was different and unique while still fun. The story has nothing to do with it.

Nomura has already explained that the 3 portable entries aren't really related to each other at all. Basically they're 3 different aspects of KH that he feels has to be "fully explained" before he can move on to tell KH3. 358 Days covers the complete Roxas backstory. This is important to Nomura because he didn't get a chance to flesh it all out in KH2. Coded will cover the gaps of KH and KH2 as the previous adventures are analyzed in a computer system. Before the games were formally announced Nomura mentioned his desire to also explain King Mickey's disappearance with Riku as well as the world of darkness in more detail. This might be it. Birth by Sleep is the most ambitious entry which will complete the backstory of the games and explain the origins of the events that lead into KH and KH2, including the Keyblade Masters, etc.

I'm sure all the little details from the games will be "important" in KH3, but I doubt they'll be important to each other right now.

Fuu

It's minor, but I hope Xigbar/Braig makes a cameo in BBS (probably before he became a Nobody) since from something he says in KH2 it's clear he met other Keyblade Masters before Sora.

Xigbar said:
You've really put Organization XIII in a pickle. I guess that must be why the Keyblade chose you. But MAN, did it pick a dud this time. You don't look like you're half the hero the others were.

OT: There is one thing I really wish they would implement more: Sora and co. change of clothing (by using Donald's magic or not). I loved when they put new duds/appearances to mesh better in the worlds, be it by necessity (Pride Lands, Atlantica) or aesthetics (Halloween Town). Chinese Sora, Pirate Sora, Arabian Sora... All missed opportunities to me. :(

This sure won't happen in the portable games and I don't know how up to it the team would be for KH3, but it's something I would like to see more frequently.

duckroll

Alaluef said:
It's minor, but I hope Xigbar/Braig makes a cameo in BBS (probably before he became a Nobody) since from something he says in KH2 it's clear he met other Keyblade Masters before Sora.

There'll definitely be connections for everything imo. Master Xehanort is a key plot point in BbS, and it should definitely explain how Xehanort ended up in Radiant Garden where he was found by Ansem.

Fuu

duckroll said:
There'll definitely be connections for everything imo. Master Xehanort is a key plot point in BbS, and it should definitely explain how Xehanort ended up in Radiant Garden where he was found by Ansem.
I wonder if the ending for BbS will be as dark as it looks like it will be.
Aqua and Ven going bye bye, Terra and Master Xehanort somehow becoming(?) the Xehanort we know (as indicated by Terra's similar hair + having yellow eyes in the secret video, along with Master Xehanort's name + the same clothes of Xehanort's Heartless), etc.

NTom64

BBS looks great :D

Ugh...judging by one of those 358/2 Days screens, the cutscenes will be like COM, without voice-acting. I hope this isn't the case :(

duckroll

Alaluef said:
I wonder if the ending for BbS will be as dark as it looks like it will be.
Aqua and Ven going bye bye, Terra and Master Xehanort somehow becoming(?) the Xehanort we know (as indicated by Terra's similar hair + having yellow eyes in the secret video, along with Master Xehanort's name + the same clothes of Xehanort's Heartless), etc.

The secret videos really aren't any indication at all of what the actual games are like. Deep Dive looked really dark too, since it showed Riku possibly having gone blind, and Sora being overwhelmed by darkness in a world overrun by Heartless with no hope at all. This will be no different imo. It's just a really dark and cool scene that's taken out of context to hype up the "new direction" the next game will be going in.

NTom64 said:
Ugh...judging by one of those 358/2 Days screens, the cutscenes will be like COM, without voice-acting. I hope this isn't the case :(

The cutscenes will be like CoM in the sense that they're clearly pre-recorded FMVs using the KH2 engine, but they'll definitely have voice. It's already confirmed.

Foster

I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game before but that does look damn nice on the psp, may just have to pick this up :D

NTom64

duckroll said:
The secret videos really aren't any indication at all of what the actual games are like. Deep Dive looked really dark too, since it showed Riku possibly having gone blind, and Sora being overwhelmed by darkness in a world overrun by Heartless with no hope at all. This will be no different imo. It's just a really dark and cool scene that's taken out of context to hype up the "new direction" the next game will be going in.

The cutscenes will be like CoM in the sense that they're clearly pre-recorded FMVs using the KH2 engine, but they'll definitely have voice. It's already confirmed.

I meant for in the in-game stuff:

20zzak6.jpg

not the FMV's but thanks for answering anyway :)

Fuu

duckroll said:
I'm not really going by the secret video atmosphere only (besides the yellow eyes conjecture) since it is just a teaser like Deep Dive was (although everything shown and suggested in DD happened, all things considered). It's just that no matter how colorful they paint it, from what we know for now the trio won't have a pretty future by the end of the game. :p

NTom64 said:

http://i37.tinypic.com/20zzak6.jpg

not the FMV's but thanks for answering anyway :)
Those type of scenes were also voiceless in the PS2 games though.

duckroll

NTom64 said:

The text window "cutscenes" in KH and KH2 have no voice either. It's pretty normal.

Alaluef said:
I'm not really going by the secret video atmosphere only (besides the yellow eyes conjecture) since it is just a teaser like Deep Dive was (although everything shown and suggested in DD happened, all things considered). It's just that no matter how colorful they paint it, from what we know for now the trio won't have a pretty future by the end of the game. :p

Unless......... :)

the deep dive scene will probably be played out in 358/2.

if you remember, part of the scene was in KH2 as a flashback when roxas beat riku

Alaluef said:

Or it could be that they are somewhere in hybernative naptosis, like Sora at the beginning of KHII, waiting to be revived in KHIII.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Has it been mentioned if the BBS trio's armor would be relevant during gameplay segments or anything? Kinda seems like it would, y'know. Any altered states, similar to the Drive system in KHII?

Die Squirrel Die said:
Or it could be that they are somewhere in hybernative naptosis, like Sora at the beginning of KHII, waiting to be revived in KHIII.

Concidering that Terra's just sitting around in a desert, pissed off and attacking anything that moves... and all we know of Aqua is that
pieces of her armor and her keyblade are just sitting around in the bottom of Hollow Bastion.
I really can't imagine anything really good happening to them.

Top Bottom