• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Narolf

Banned
I know right. Those two can't be appreciated individually. Two pillars with equal strength. If one falters, the entire roof could come down.

I know right. Those two can't be appreciated individually. Two pillars with equal strength. If one falters, the entire roof could come down.

You know, I appreciate oathkeeper and oblivion for their significance to the story, but I'm not a huge fan of their designs

The best keyblade design I feel is the KH1 Ultima Blade.

8mEOc5tY.jpg

TheMink

I pretty much hate every keyblade in DDD, all of them are lame sauce. Anyone else?
The tron one is cool though.

The Fenrir is the only one I can remember that actually looks like a freaking sword and one that might actually hurt. I know it's kind of simple design but I like it for its simplicity and it's rugged design, I also like the tape around the base of it as well.

The Ultimate Weapon from Kingdom Hearts is just so pretty, seems like it has a lot tacked on but it has an elegance to it I like. Plus it packs a punch, I worked hard to get that bad boy in KH1, it had better have been worth it!

dan2026

I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game!
A terrible crime I am sure.

Really looking forward to the HD version.

botty

Banned
I'm a fan of Kingdom Key. I think there is something special about the simplicity of its design, and the fact that it is one of the few keyblades that looks like a traditional "key."

Sora_N

Started BBS, only played a bit. Beautiful game.

I have issues with the load times, and for some reason I can't install the data. Good thing I have a CFW (that might be the issue) so I'm ripping the UMD now, see if that helps.

Seda

Started BBS, only played a bit. Beautiful game.

I have issues with the load times, and for some reason I can't install the data. Good thing I have a CFW (that might be the issue) so I'm ripping the UMD now, see if that helps.

Yeah for BBS you want to install, set to 333MHz, and 32-bit color. not sure why it won't let you install.

Sora_N

I just finished ripping the UMD, it loads faster for sure but I still can't install. So weird, but glad it worked out. Need to play a bit more to see how fast it runs.

r3z0n

Neo Member
I just finished ripping the UMD, it loads faster for sure but I still can't install. So weird, but glad it worked out. Need to play a bit more to see how fast it runs.

Why would you want to install it if you already ripped the UMD?

Anyway, on topic, my favorite Keyblades are the Oathkeeper and Oblivion. Seeing Sora and Roxas dual wield them in KH2 was just awesome.

Esura

Banned
Why would you want to install it if you already ripped the UMD?

Anyway, on topic, my favorite Keyblades are the Oathkeeper and Oblivion. Seeing Sora and Roxas dual wield them in KH2 was just awesome.

For double the smoothness.

Speaking of Keyblades, that reminds me. Why is the true Keyblade written as x-blade yet they call it Keyblade?

McNum

For double the smoothness.

Speaking of Keyblades, that reminds me. Why is the true Keyblade written as x-blade yet they call it Keyblade?
It's spelled χ-blade, not X-blade. It's not an X. It's pronounced "Key".

Hence: "Key-blade".

I think Master Xehanort did a whole show and tell about this in BBS. Basically, they've just done it to make things a little more confusing to everyone, I'd imagine. The Kingdom Hearts writers have become self-aware about it, and are now just messing with the fans. And, well, would we have it any other way? I'd be disappointed if Kingdom Hearts 3 didn't have a somewhat odd story.

But since χ is not a common key on a keyboard, X is used as a decent enough replacement.

Tsunamo

Best game.
Agreed! Birth By Sleep is a fantastic portable game (minus some framerate issues at times) and my favorite of the series right next to 1. If not for nostalgia of the original it would probably be my favorite in the series.
Kingdom Hearts 3 will have the most convoluted story of all time.
I'm both looking forward to it and dreading the thought of what Nomura will do with it, especially after DDD's last worlds story developments. :p

McNum

Kingdom Hearts 3 will have the most convoluted story of all time.
It had better. The Metal Gear Solid series has set the bar high, but Kingdom Hearts won't admit defeat without a fight, hence time travel in 3D. Part of the fun is the crazy story that's just played straight. And in the end, you beat up an old man with a giant key to save the world.

Esura

Banned
I was thinking this exactly, but I guess it probably won't matter much huh.

I never tried it yet but I kinda wanna now. :p

I think Master Xehanort did a whole show and tell about this in BBS. Basically, they've just done it to make things a little more confusing to everyone, I'd imagine. The Kingdom Hearts writers have become self-aware about it, and are now just messing with the fans. And, well, would we have it any other way? I'd be disappointed if Kingdom Hearts 3 didn't have a somewhat odd story.

But since χ is not a common key on a keyboard, X is used as a decent enough replacement.

Holy shit thanks, I did not know this. So maybe I can stop overspeculating on the x-blade now (I can't find the key for that other key...no pun intended).

Ultratech

Yeah, it kinda confused me at first at why it was being pronounced like that, (I had no idea what the hell χ even was.) but then I read one of the Secret Reports and that explained it.

Doomrider

The best keyblade design I feel is the KH1 Ultima Blade.

8mEOc5tY.jpg

Even though the artwork doesn't look as bad as the in-game model, the design is still too busy.

Oathkeeper + Oblivion is still the best combination as far as I'm concerned. I remember liking Lionheart too and there's a bunch more, but I haven't played KH in the longest time, so I don't really remember that much.

Nohar

200px-Young_Xehanort%27s_Keyblade_%28Art%29_KH3D.png

Best design ever. I really hope we will be able to wield it in KH3 (bonus points if Aqua is the wielder). But I guess this will never happen.

Lionheart's always been my personal favorite keyblade.

HC6UDp98.jpg

Divine Rose is pretty cool, too:

284309-divinerose.jpg

When they rebalanced they keyblade stats in KH1FM, Divine Rose got a pretty weird stat buff to the point where it was arguably a better weapon than Oblivion.

Seda

I thought Divine Rose is arguably better than Oblivion anyway (even in Vanilla KH1). I forget why though...it has a high chance to crit? It has a short reach though.

I might be mistaken, I remember to decide to use Divine Rose for quite some time when I last played KH1.

TheMink

I thought Divine Rose is arguably better than Oblivion anyway (even in Vanilla KH1). I forget why though...it has a high chance to crit? It has a short reach though.

I might be mistaken, I remember to decide to use Divine Rose for quite some time when I last played KH1.

Yeah Balanced. Oblivion has 11 str but it takes away two magic bars. Which is extremely lame.

Ultratech

Pretty much.

Divine Rose has a short reach, but can deal a string of Crits and is hard to deflect (allows for quicker recovery if attack is blocked; very useful for Counterattacking).

Oblivion has higher attack and longer reach, but you also lose MP, and MP is actually important in KH1. (Since more MP = Higher Magic Power.)

I'd say the Keyblades in KH BBS were not all that great, besides the ones you get from beating Vanitas Remnant and the one from the Mirage Arena. I liked the Keyblades in Days more.

Top Bottom