• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

It's been far too long since I played any KH games, the last was BbS when it came out, really pumped about replaying them all in HD.

botty

Banned
That was the best part of the game. KH2 ended for me at the prologue.

Along with Roxas' summer vacation

I have so many save files that stop right when Sora wakes up. The Prologue is handled so well, that I come back to it from time to time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
A Fight to the Death

Especially the part at 1:07 ...so good

and of course "Dearly Beloved" and ....ah screw it. The whole series has such amazing music.

Narolf

Banned
I have so many save files that stop right when Sora wakes up. The Prologue is handled so well, that I come back to it from time to time.

This scene alone involves much more implication than both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus combined. Tear-jerking.

Dereck

You hear about the guy that tried to get Roxas to level 99 to see how his moveset panned out?

aravuus

What's the song that plays in the video you see if you wait long enough in KHI's main menu? Goddamn I love that song, really gives me this warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

That was the best part of the game. KH2 ended for me at the prologue.

Along with Roxas' summer vacation

This is... so weird. The prologue is easily the least fun part of the game.

I officially am not even a member of the same species as Roxas fans. I cannot comprehend you guys.
You hear about the guy that tried to get Roxas to level 99 to see how his moveset panned out?
I'd be curious to hear about this, though. Does he not get the same leveling bonuses as Sora?

TheMink

I officially am not even a member of the same species as Roxas fans. I cannot comprehend you guys.
I'd be curious to hear about this, though. Does he not get the same leveling bonuses as Sora?

I have no problem with it, but seeing people talk fondly of it is weird because people in general brand it as one the worst intros of all time.

So which are you top 5 KH characters, guys? (By KH characters I mean original characters from the KH universe, not Disney or Square)
1.Roxas
2.Aqua
3.Xion
4.Riku
5.Sora

The thing about Roxas is, if you don't like him at the beginning of KH 2, then you will hate the prologue, also, when I think of the KH 2 prologue I think of the parts where you go to the mansion, fight axel, meet namine, etc. I don't really think of the fucking part about getting munny.

TheMink

Whats everyones most wanted FF character appearence?

Balthier for sure.
But ONLY if they get the original voice actor.

The thing about Roxas is, if you don't like him at the beginning of KH 2, then you will hate the prologue, also, when I think of the KH 2 prologue I think of the parts where you go to the mansion, fight axel, meet namine, etc. I don't really think of the fucking part about getting munny.

I don't *dislike* him at all, it's just that the prologue is seriously not fun up until the very last day (the battle with Axel is pretty cool, though).

Balthier for sure.
Lightning will be in KH3 guaranteed, and possibly turn into the main character.

For real though, I'd enjoy seeing Vincent show up, or maybe a boss fight with those three dudes from Advent Children. Balthier would be amazing, of course, but I'd want Fran to be with him for sure.

Given that time travel is already going to be an element of KH3 in one sense or another, it'd be cool to have Edea show up (both in her possessed and non-possessed forms).

So which are you top 5 KH characters, guys? (By KH characters I mean original characters from the KH universe, not Disney or Square)
1.Roxas
2.Aqua
3.Xion
4.Riku
5.Sora

There aren't many I like to be honest but...

1. Riku (By a wide margin)
2. Roxas
3. Namine

Absolute bottom: Sora

Balthier for sure.

Ummm I guess I would really go for seeing Zidane show up. Seeing Terra as well would be a fun treat as well since we need a FF6 rep.

TheMink

There aren't many I like to be honest but...

1. Riku (By a wide margin)
2. Roxas
3. Namine

0084_7mwy.gif

botty

Banned
1. Roxas
My favorite character in the series since the prologue of Kingdom Hearts 2.

2. Ansem The Wise
Almost every line he speaks is delivered so eloquently. I just love everything about this character.

3. Xion
There is such an emotional tragedy that surrounds Xion, and he connection to Roxas makes me love her.

4. Aqua
I loved playing as her in BbS. Her gameplay is particularly fun.

5. Sora
By default almost.

I mainly like the BBS cast, Riku, and Axel. Naminé is good too, but as far as I can tell Nomura has forgotten about her.
Yeah, she's a Nobody now.

ba-dum-tss

Shitty jokes aside, It's nice that we got to see her again in RE:Coded, but I wonder if she can be saved they same way Roxas can be saved? I don't remember.

I know I'm in the minority but I cannot stand Sora. I don't care for his voice or his attitude for the most part, he comes off as whiny at times and immature (He is a kid but still) and a lot of times I just want him to shut up and hit stuff. Riku should be the hero.

Random thought.

I really like Gallagher's voice over work for Riku, especially in re:CoM.

Gallagher is the man, he fits Riku so well. Perfect casting choice.

Trigger

I'm loathing the thought of the eventual Lightning cameo. They didn't do Yuna justice and Rinoa hasn't shown up, but Lightning will no doubt get lots of screentime.

Random thought.

I really like Gallagher's voice over work for Riku, especially in re:CoM.

Gallagher, Osment, and McCartney have all been pretty darn good to me.

Esura

Banned
1. Aqua - I like her because of how she is the sole voice of reason of the main cast in BbS and because her voice actress whom I have no clue who it is but they sound awesome. Also like her because she is pretty cute and pretty badass on top of that.

2. Riku - I did not like Riku in KH1, mostly because he was kind of a dick but from KHII onward he became one of the most badass character in the series. I like his swag in his KHII and DDD appearance too and his Keyblade is really slick.

3. Old Man Xehanort - He is a straight up all powerful sociopath who reminds me of those old wushu master villains from older Chinese martial arts movies where they just straight whoop the dog shit out of every single character in the movie until the main character spend like three months learning some ultimate forbidden technique to win. Not only is his power level beyond every single character in the series so far (and absolutely demolishes Terra, Ven, and Aqua), but this guy is so wise and intelligent he outsmarts every other character, even his own master and Eroquis, to such a ridiculous degree. And he is voiced my the Nimoy and I can't help but like this character as a villain. He is like Sephiroth/Caius levels of awesome.

4. Kairi/Namine - They're cute.

5. Xion - She's cute. Did not like the game she was in though.

I exclude Sora because he is the main character but I like him as well as Roxas a lot.

You should have scanned the AR cards.

I did. I think that's the only reason I ended up learning them in the end as no other Dream Eater I had could learn those three spells.

Marlowe89

Hey, that's not Xehanort!

"Hi I'm the main villain. My name is Ansem, just kidding my name is Xehanort but not really since I'm actually 1/2 of a man named Xehanort and I was just masquerading as a scientist named Ansem but you can still call me Ansem for the sake of simplicity, I'm really fond of DARKNESSSSS and I've been killed by Sora but not really, I still exist within that kid Riku but dammit now I'm gone for good BUT NOT COMPLETELY, because my other half is here now - my name is Xemnas and I am the Nobody of that man named Xehanort which means I have no heart and NOTHINGNESSSS is all I can feel, unfortunately that damned kid and his stupid anthromorphic animal friends have ruined my plans to get a heart or something BUT if you insist on getting all technical about it then I'm actually originally the body of a man named Terra who was possessed by an old bald dude who was the real Xehanort, and actually I was just fucking with you about the heart thing too because I DO have a heart after all and now I'm teaming up with Ansem (you know the other half of the Xehanort-possessed Terra, hey are you even paying attention?) because we've both been revived thanks to the magically convenient time travel powers of a mysterious kid who is actually the younger alternate version of Xehanort I've been telling you about (the younger dude coincidentally kinda looks like Terra but DIVERSITY WHO NEEDS IT) all in an effort to revive the OG Xehanort because he's super cool and popular among us other Xehanorts so yeah he's our boss and he started pretty much all of this. Wait which Xehanort am I again? Well whatever it doesn't matter because now we're gonna copypaste everyone else into a Xehanort too just for shits and giggles. Toodaloo!"

Top Bottom