• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Malyse

Keep strawmanning.

Welcome back rofl
yeah, pretend like you don't fuckin love me :p

----

Let's say that something about Kingdom Hearts had to be changed for whatever arbitrary reason you like. Should this happen, what would you like changed and to what? No half answers: for example, if you say the music changes, you have to name a new composer (like Kajiura, or Kajiura or maybe even Kajiura). If you say better story, tell me who you would want to write it. It can be something as small as changing the battle system to be most like dark souls or the worlds to be more open like Skyrim. It can even be something that's probably going to happen anyway, like some form of multiplayer, but even then I want an example of a game that it would resemble. It can't be an "I wouldn't change anything". Seriously, don't be a lazy bum.

As for me, I want Multiplayer like Monster Hunter with a Create a Character as good as Black Desert and random Weapon Drops like Borderlands.

Mecha

I would want them to change the gameplay to have a mixture of KH2's move equip system (for more minor moves), and deck commands for magic/stronger moves. They should also keep KH2's controls/block and add some unique mechanic depending on the game. Getting rid of the whole "you have to deal a finishing blow to beat a boss" mechanic would be nice too.

They should also not add a mechanic that forces you to use a certain move when you attack, despite you not wanting to.
Like finishers in BBS.

I'd change the Gummi Ship/Keyblade Glider/World Drop per-world shooty minigame stuff into: totally nothing

I would want them to change the gameplay to have a mixture of KH2's move equip system (for more minor moves), and deck commands for magic/stronger moves. They should also keep KH2's controls/block and add some unique mechanic depending on the game. Getting rid of the whole "you have to deal a finishing blow to beat a boss" mechanic would be nice too.

They should also not add a mechanic that forces you to use a certain move when you attack, despite you not wanting to.
Like finishers in BBS.

The finishing-blow-on-bosses mechanic only exists in KH2/KH2FM, I believe. Not a thing in any of the other games.

Psxphile

Which one (sword, staff, shield) do I pick again?

e: apparently
+ staff, - sword
is what you do on proud

Staff runs don't really pay off until the 2nd half when your magic repertoire is more robust. 1st half you're going to be struggling against even normal enemies on Proud. I figure you'd be better off with Shield for the defense boost and getting defensive abilities sooner. Early Guard, Leaf Bracer and Second Chance will save your ass (unless you choose to give up Staff, which gimps your AP)

DNAbro

Just finished up KHFM extra bosses for the first time. Beating the mysterious figure was soooo satisfying and now im so ridiculously hyped for 2.5.

Staff runs don't really pay off until the 2nd half when your magic repertoire is more robust. 1st half you're going to be struggling against even normal enemies on Proud. I figure you'd be better off with Shield for the defense boost and getting defensive abilities sooner. Early Guard, Leaf Bracer and Second Chance will save your ass (unless you choose to give up Staff, which gimps your AP)
Weird, I guess I can't read but I didn't see your post and did + shield - sword. It's going fine so far.

Tsunamo

It can't be an "I wouldn't change anything". Seriously, don't be a lazy bum.
But that was perfect opportunity to do so :(
I'd probably change the gameplay to have more platforming and rewards for exploring like the original did. The original really nailed that feel of exploring Disney worlds and what I felt RPGs captured (as a kid anyway, a epic adventure and exploration) into a ARPG and I really miss that aspect in the later installments of the series.
Just finished up KHFM extra bosses for the first time. Beating the mysterious figure was soooo satisfying and now im so ridiculously hyped for 2.5.
MysteriousFigure was the most frustrating secret boss out of all of them I've fought, not for his difficulty but for the annoying roulette attack which I had trouble with in Japanese (I didn't grasp what I had to do break out of it too well and me winning eventually was mostly due to luck)
is it december yet?
Is it October yet?

Is it October yet?

6pDEyBj.gif

RPGCrazied

Do you think II 2.5 ReMix will get another artbook style case? Can't say I like these, they should have did what namco did with Tales of Xillia, outerbox with game/artbook inside of it. They look so out of place on my shelve with my other PS3 games.

Do you think II 2.5 ReMix will get another artbook style case? Can't say I like these, they should have did what namco did with Tales of Xillia, outerbox with game/artbook inside of it. They look so out of place on my shelve with my other PS3 games.
Hard to say. They might try a different type of LE since thye had a poll shortly after 1.5 released IIRC that asked what people would like to see in a LE.

Tsunamo

Birth By Sleep was a artbook and game separate in bigger case LE release in EU/AU and in interviews it's been mentioned they'd like to do some sort of Limited Edition for the West so i'd say it's possible. As Frank said though there's that poll/survey they had awhile back and that might have swayed them in another direction for one.

Ordered 1.5HD just now, will pre-order 2.5HD as soon as I get a bit more money.

Time for this year's KH series replay I think.

FF XIII sucks dick
excuse me
FF XIII to me was a pretty good game, great battle system and okay characters. It's linear but I got over that in like 2 hours so I just enjoyed it for what it was.

aravuus

excuse me
FF XIII to me was a pretty good game, great battle system and okay characters. It's linear but I got over that in like 2 hours so I just enjoyed it for what it was.

It was alright in the end tbh. I hated a lot of aspects of it and it's easily the worst FF I've played, but it's not as bad as people claimed it to be.

And FF XIII-2 was genuinely enjoyable imo, it fixed the battle system and I've actually finished it thrice. Though I still have no idea what happened in the story. Nor do I care.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nearly done with Sora's story in Re:chain on the HD collection.

I think this Jorgen von Strangle quote sums up my thoughts on the game
"Very impressive. Highly original. DON'T DO IT AGAIN!"

I really hope Coded was the last of the "experimental" titles. They're tiresome.

Tsunamo

edit: wow, by seconds.
We even both got it off of KHInsider lol
It looks 'aight. It's interesting that he went for a softer look this time.
Yeah, that's what I noticed too minus Goblinort.
Any infos about the LE?
We got some screenshots of the 1.5 + 2.5 LE/Bundle and a picture of the figurine and packaging that comes with it, nothing we didn't already know but it's nice to see what it all looks like. (it's in falks link if you wanna take a look) It's a shame a bundle like that probably wont come to the West.

sasuke_91

We got some screenshots of the 1.5 + 2.5 LE/Bundle and a picture of the figurine and packaging that comes with it, nothing we didn't already know but it's nice to see what it all looks like. (it's in falks link if you wanna take a look) It's a shame a bundle like that probably wont come to the West.

Yeah, that one looks really cool. It's Japan only though :/

Falk

that puzzling face
He's a Pirate is one of the songs selected to be in the collector's edition OST.

I guess they're very confident about it, heh Falk? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Track selections are ace- Monstrous Monstro and Pirate's Gigue were so definitive of the 1.5 HD remaster, and the selections from 2.5 are easily among the best in the project I've heard in both performance and production. I'm actually mildly surprised that there isn't as much boss/final boss music represented in the cross section considering how popular those are among fans, but there needs to be a reason for purchasing the 2.5-specific soundtrack too I guess!

Well, it's a great piece but i was expecting something else. (Kairi, Riku and Sora with the changes in design they suffered in 2, specially)

But hey, it looks awesome either way.

iosefe

I'm actually mildly surprised that there isn't as much boss/final boss music represented in the cross section considering how popular those are among fans, but there needs to be a reason for purchasing the 2.5-specific soundtrack too I guess!
All I want is A Fight to the Death
anyway, still hyped. thanks for your contribution

Village

Like that looks super unconformable, They already got humungous feet, so their feet are hanging off. But Now Namine is sitting on the one that kari is standing on. So if like, I dunno the poles are the same size, either half of nimine's butt is hanging off or kari can fly.

The less here kids is don't question kingdom hearts .

Track selections are ace- Monstrous Monstro and Pirate's Gigue were so definitive of the 1.5 HD remaster, and the selections from 2.5 are easily among the best in the project I've heard in both performance and production. I'm actually mildly surprised that there isn't as much boss/final boss music represented in the cross section considering how popular those are among fans, but there needs to be a reason for purchasing the 2.5-specific soundtrack too I guess!

I dunno if you can answer this but would you say the 2.5 remasters are closer to 1.5 where most songs are extremely close to the originals or more like FFX HD where the songs have more freedom to be their own thing?

FFX HD actually got a lot of hate for what I saw but I really liked the fresh feel on the songs.

Top Bottom