• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Box Art with logo:

Bsu6WtrCIAAg3as.jpg

This looks so freakin cool! I wonder how KHIII's box art will compare to this?!

13 Xehanorts all with Goblin filter on.

BTW that has to be the most un-Nomura character art I have seen. Cracks me up.

Castcoder

Banned
I'm towards the end of Kingdom Hearts 3D after finding my cartridge recently (haven't touched it since release). My friend said he got to the final boss and gave up because he didn't want to grind. How BAD is the final boss for KH3D?

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno if you can answer this but would you say the 2.5 remasters are closer to 1.5 where most songs are extremely close to the originals or more like FFX HD where the songs have more freedom to be their own thing?

FFX HD actually got a lot of hate for what I saw but I really liked the fresh feel on the songs.

Even if the nostalgics out there fail to appreciate it, e.g. Masashi Hamauzu rearranging his own music for FFX HD remaster has legitimacy. He brings about brilliant rearrangements of his old work in ways that reflect his newer style or simply in ways that could not have been accomplished with technological limitations back then. It was his own work. It's still his own work He has the creative license to update as he sees fit.

On the other hand, some random schmucks (us) who aren't Yoko Shimomura coming in and rearranging Kingdom Hearts on a remaster could be construed as sacrilege, even if Shimomura is overseeing the entire process. :p

We were very specific in respecting the original arrangements. Some things you simply can't pull off when e.g. your real horn players need to breathe, or when your live string players need to exaggerate accents to convey the original aggressive intention in some of the battle music, in which case the score would be slightly modified, but overall it was an extension of the concept of 1.5's reworked soundtrack.

I don't think I can get into many specifics, but overall the Shimomura and the sound team were really really happy with the final outcome, even moreso than 1.5 which already set a high bar to begin with.

I'm towards the end of Kingdom Hearts 3D after finding my cartridge recently (haven't touched it since release). My friend said he got to the final boss and gave up because he didn't want to grind. How BAD is the final boss for KH3D?
It's not THAT bad if you got second chance/once more ect support abilities. Then it just comes down to learning how to dodge few hard hitting attacks. I had more trouble with Spellican but tbf I didnt have any of the abilities at that point iirc.

The final final boss is actually pretty easy. Some of the bosses before that can be a little tough on proud.

Village

Cool Guy riku will get his day one day.

Unless they redesign him for the next game . That will be keyblade master riku, and I imagine that just looks weird.

Cool Guy riku will get his day one day.

Unless they redesign him for the next. To which that will be keyblade master riku, and Imagine that just looks weird.

I'm with you dude. We need properly shaded KH2 Riku art :/

And i wonder if they're getting new designs for 3. Sora apparently not? Though i don't know if the promo art released for that game is final or not...

I'm with you dude. We need properly shaded KH2 Riku art :/

And i wonder if they're getting new designs for 3. Sora apparently not? Though i don't know if the promo art released for that game is final or not...

The promo art and the concept trailers shown so far are almost certainly not the game's "new" design, which will likely be unveiled with much fanfare.

It's Nomura. He's a character designer. He redesigned Sora and Riku for something as comparatively small as DDD. He WILL do it for KH3.

Not to mention we are EXTREMELY likely to see several new characters get Keyblade Armor in KH3. I'm looking forward to that a great deal.

zeemumu

I wouldn't mind keyblade armor as an unlockable skin in 2.5 BBS. It might get weird continuity-wise near the end but those armor designs were too cool to have such little use during the game.

redhairedking

I'm not sure how I feel about the 2.5 boxart. I really like it, but also really don't like it if that makes any sense. I also read that Japan is getting a combo-pack of 1.5 and 2.5.

The promo art and the concept trailers shown so far are almost certainly not the game's "new" design, which will likely be unveiled with much fanfare.

It's Nomura. He's a character designer. He redesigned Sora and Riku for something as comparatively small as DDD. He WILL do it for KH3.

Not to mention we are EXTREMELY likely to see several new characters get Keyblade Armor in KH3. I'm looking forward to that a great deal.

Yeah, he'll definitely do it. Just, the footage is a bit misleading. If they actually worked on a model and have shown gameplay using that sora, it kinda felt like he wouldn't do it... but everything is subject to change as they've said...

I really wonder what he can do, next... For me, the KH2 designs are quite perfect, but i guess that maybe he'll resolve the Roxas / Ventus similarity with one major appeareance overhaul.

Yeah, he'll definitely do it. Just, the footage is a bit misleading. If they actually worked on a model and have shown gameplay using that sora, it kinda felt like he wouldn't do it... but everything is subject to change as they've said...

I really wonder what he can do, next... For me, the KH2 designs are quite perfect, but i guess that maybe he'll resolve the Roxas / Ventus similarity with one major appeareance overhaul.

they will merge into one person with all of their memories called Ventus

so it has been foretold, so shall it be

Malyse

Noticed something on the KH2.5 Japanese page. Down at the bottom there's links to the various ultimanias (AKA where most of the secrets in the game are revealed) And it looks come October, we'll have a comprehensive one covering the entire series thus far.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd2/#product_book_01

Release Date October 2, 2014
Selling price 3,132 yen (tax included)
Size B5 size
Number of pages 256 pages + two fold

Product introduction

In preparation for the "Kingdom Hearts III"
total review book to recap the story so far!

Army, of darkness hinder in the way of our Sora
- Kingdom Hearts and key blade and
the story of darkness and light that has been entangled in a complex weave
series of work previously announced ※ through, look back together.

Character File, world guide, also other
key blade picture book, encyclopedia enemy,
and art galleries which recorded illustrations of enormous number
information covering the KH series so far is full!

Editing, writing Sutajiobentosuta~tsu staff

※ concrete work are as follows.

* "Kingdom Hearts"
* "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix"
* "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories"
* "Kingdom Hearts II"
* "Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix"
* "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories"
* "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days"
* "Kingdom Hearts coded"
* "Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep"
* "Kingdom Hearts Re: coded"
* "Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix"
* "Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]"

Sorry for the Google translate, but I'm certain you can parse it out. Oh, and that 1.5 + 2.5 set is looking sweet.

Caladrius

Actually he also won the last fight with Axel and also won against Xion. Roxas is the best.

Yup,
killed his two best friends
. *claps* ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And against Riku if he hadn't pulled the darkness move to make himself stronger.

More importantly nearly all of the fights Roxas wins are against people attempting to use non-lethal force.

I'm filing a restraining order.

Yup,
killed his two best friends
. *claps* ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

More importantly nearly all of the fights Roxas wins are against people attempting to use non-lethal force.

I'm filing a restraining order.

HE DIDN'T REMEMBER AXEL AT THE TIME, AND HE WAS FORCED TO FIGHT XION
I'm gonna go cry thanks

Caladrius

Roxas is no abomination smfh
Seriously though Sora spawned a fucking data copy of himself how far can you go.

Xehanort is really the leader of an Alien race that worships Sora's image.

His ultimate goal is to create paradise by acquiring Sora's DNA and creating a Virus dispersed through the air that will turn all of humanity into Soras, removing their individuality and creating a true Sora hive mind. The aliens will then immigrate to Earth to live in the Holy Kingdom of Sora for eons everlasting.

You're welcome Nomura.

LOL

that picture suddenly screams pedophile to me.

The man just oozes ambient sexual harassment.

Village

There is only one riku in that soraverse.

And he fixes all their problems.

That is his hell, that is night terrors he has every night. That he might actually live in an entire universe of usless shits.

Lnds500

Noticed something on the KH2.5 Japanese page. Down at the bottom there's links to the various ultimanias (AKA where most of the secrets in the game are revealed) And it looks come October, we'll have a comprehensive one covering the entire series thus far.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd2/#product_book_01

Release Date October 2, 2014
Selling price 3,132 yen (tax included)
Size B5 size
Number of pages 256 pages + two fold

Product introduction

In preparation for the "Kingdom Hearts III"
total review book to recap the story so far!

Army, of darkness hinder in the way of our Sora
- Kingdom Hearts and key blade and
the story of darkness and light that has been entangled in a complex weave
series of work previously announced ※ through, look back together.

Character File, world guide, also other
key blade picture book, encyclopedia enemy,
and art galleries which recorded illustrations of enormous number
information covering the KH series so far is full!

Editing, writing Sutajiobentosuta~tsu staff

※ concrete work are as follows.

* "Kingdom Hearts"
* "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix"
* "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories"
* "Kingdom Hearts II"
* "Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix"
* "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories"
* "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days"
* "Kingdom Hearts coded"
* "Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep"
* "Kingdom Hearts Re: coded"
* "Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix"
* "Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]"

Sorry for the Google translate, but I'm certain you can parse it out. Oh, and that 1.5 + 2.5 set is looking sweet.

Yes, this has been known for a while now. The "Ultimania" though is minuscule compared to any of the other books. Don't hold your breath.

Psxphile

Yes, this has been known for a while now. The "Ultimania" though is minuscule compared to any of the other books. Don't hold your breath.

Hm. Covers the entirety of the series, at a lower page count of a typical, single-game-focused Ultimania?

North American localisation confirmed. Stay cheap, S-E.

Lnds500

Hm. Covers the entirety of the series, at a lower page count of a typical, single-game-focused Ultimania?

North American localisation confirmed. Stay cheap, S-E.

I'd be nice if they summed up the series, provided us with the old interviews fully translated and gave us some nice artwork. They obviously can't cover the entirety of the series thoroughly, but I believe a lot of the stuff in the Ultimanias is "skippable".

Caladrius

E3 is the industry showcase for new games from around the world.

Comic-con is an enthusiast event for a variety of different industries. Comic-con is big, but I don't think the two are comparable because it's western centric and games aren't the focus.

E3 is the industry showcase for new games from around the world.

Comic-con is an enthusiast event for a variety of different industries. Comic-con is big, but I don't think the two are comparable because it's western centric and games aren't the focus.

They've shown trailers at Gamescom before. Yes, they have shown new stuff at Western events before.

Top Bottom