• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

If they keep dripfeeding information, I could see Jump Festa gettin' some KHIII love. Or at the very least some
10-15 seconds of
footage from Aqua's chapter.

Oh, I definately expect 2.8 to get some love between the event and E3, I just think they will keep the main game in the dark for a while again.

Everything in Dream Drop Distance is significantly less flashy than the other games, from what I have observed. Faith or, as card enthusiast like to call it, holy is a good example of how non-flashy Dream Drop Distance interprets abilities.

360px-Holy_KHRECOM.gif

360px-Faith_KHBBS.gif

360px-Faith_KHREC.gif

Faith_KH3D.gif

I guess it's to go with the fast-paced feel of Dream Drop Distance.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree here. Hell, 3D didn't even have finishers.

That being said, Re:Coded had some great finishers. I loved that you could unlock Cloud's Meteorain and Squall's Blasting Zone.

iosefe

I hope it does. My ps3 bricked and I have no faith I can fix it. So my discs are there doing nothing and I've lost my progress

If I'm gonna play them again. I would really like it to be ps4

Tsunamo

I really should buy Re:Coded one of these days, huh?
It's totally worth it. Messing around with the matrix system, playing with restrictions and going for challenges is so fun. The game itself may have got flak for its plot, but it had a ton of content. (which is actually pretty amazing considering the source was a very basic mobile game)

Plus minus Dream Drop Distance it's the only time we get to see the command deck used again.

Plus minus Dream Drop Distance it's the only time we get to see the command deck used again.

What if they bring back the command system for Aqua in 2.8 =O, also with people speculating they'll let us play as characters other than Sora,maybe it'd be easier to use the command deck rather than having to equip stuff individually like in DDD

Tsunamo

As much as I wish they would that LinkedIn listing (though it said PS3/PS4 and listed it as 2.9 so its legitimacy is a bit up in the air) had a mention of it using Attractionflow, and this was a part of the KHIII intro originally, along with this being a way for us to get a taste of it before release so i'm assuming they wouldn't go for using command deck for such a short segment but opt for the KHIII battlesystem.

If we got BBSv2 as a full game before the HD Collections though I think it's likely they would've gone with the command deck.

So for KH3, does anyone want the whole 'must kill boss with a finishing blow' aspect to the battle system again like in KH2? I guess it makes the fight a bit harder, but it's really annoying when you have the boss at 1 HP, just waiting to land that big blow.

Ahnez

So for KH3, does anyone want the whole 'must kill boss with a finishing blow' aspect to the battle system again like in KH2? I guess it makes the fight a bit harder, but it's really annoying when you have the boss at 1 HP, just waiting to land that big blow.

I've always used Thundaga to deal the final hit

It is a finishing blow and it never misses

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, re:coded's value is 90% because of the gameplay and 10% because of the narrative stuff.

I understand why it's a movie in the collections, but if you gave me a choice I'd rather play a re:coded with no ties to KH than watch re:coded without gameplay.

:(

This system only works if you have the ability to execute a finisher at any time and if there are a variety of finishers to choose from.

StoneFox

Wasn't that in the game just so you couldn't kill a boss as Mickey?

Falk

that puzzling face
Seems like a heavy handed way when you could just do 'boss cannot be killed by mickey' instead of 'boss cannot be killed by non-finisher' as far as code goes.

It's probably one of those things designed to make the game more flashy (look, the boss got FINISHED) that sounded much better on paper.

since 2006

Failll....

You've never beaten a boss by abusing Reflect/ra/ga?

Nah, at least not as a final blow. I actually should have realized it earlier today when I was fighting Vexen (AS) because normally you have to do a finisher on his shield to break it, but I was breaking it with Reflect a lot.

Actually, I want to say I once knew about the magic counting as "finisher" long ago, but I hadn't played KH2 in soooo long until just recently. Either that or I'm just dumb and didn't realize (possible).

Famassu

So this community has come to a point where we praise Re:Coded more than 358/2 Days.

xtwUd33.gif
Days has about 15 minutes worth of story to give a fuck about, Coded has 0. Days has ok combat (nothing too special, though nothing totally horrible either), Coded is as close to great BBS like KH combat on DS as you can get on that tiny of a screen, shitty of a hardware and with only a dpad. Gameplay > story ergo, Coded is the more worthy of these two inconsequential KH games that can be skipped entirely.

botty

Banned
Days has about 15 minutes worth of story to give a fuck about, Coded has 0. Days has ok combat (nothing too special, though nothing totally horrible either), Coded is as close to great BBS like KH combat on DS as you can get on that tiny of a screen, shitty of a hardware and with only a dpad. Gameplay > story ergo, Coded is the more worthy of these two inconsequential KH games that can be skipped entirely.

Days' story is far more interesting than Coded's reductive gameplay. I'd also argue that Days should not be skipped because of how many holes it fills in the overall story, and how interesting--complex the story is.

I prioritize gameplay over story in my games, so Days could have had the best story in the series, and I would still champion Re:Coded over it because it's gameplay is better.

A game could have a phenomenal story, but if the gameplay isn't up to snuff, don't expect me to play (let alone like) the game.

botty

Banned
I prioritize gameplay over story in my games, so Days could have had the best story in the series, and I would still champion Re:Coded over it because it's gameplay is better.

A game could have a phenomenal story, but if the gameplay isn't up to snuff, don't expect me to play (let alone like) the game.

Fair, but Days doesn't have bad gameplay. Coded has superior gameplay, but a weaker story. We don't really have to choose with this series, but I am moreso here for the story.

Famassu

Days' story is far more interesting than Coded's reductive gameplay. I'd also argue that Days should not be skipped because of how many holes it fills in the overall story, and how interesting--complex the story is.
It is, but only for the last hour or a little longer. The rest of the, what, 20-30+ hours is an overly long tutorial, retreading some old storylines (CoM, mostly), mundane icecream eating and long-winded bonding between Roxas, Axel & Xion with too little Org XIII intrique. Days is basically the other side of the CoM coin, but with all of the more interesting stuff that CoM has replaced with seasalt icecream.

Andrefpvs

It is, but only for the last hour or a little longer. The rest of the, what, 20-30+ hours is an overly long tutorial, retreading some old storylines (CoM, mostly), mundane icecream eating and long-winded bonding between Roxas, Axel & Xion with too little Org XIII intrique. Days is basically the other side of the CoM coin, but with all of the more interesting stuff that CoM has replaced with seasalt icecream.

Cool, another opening to post this:

Ouvirfr.png

Playing through the Cavern of Remembrance makes me really wish the series had more consistent level design like that place. Sure, it's nothing amazing, but it's still very fun to go through imo. Some cool platforming challenges using your drive forms and just lots of stuff to do in general compared to most of the flat-ish and empty areas in the main game.

Top Bottom