• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Psxphile

'sup DreamDrop.

Either your links only worked for your session or it's not available to all (??).
I thought maybe it had something to do with NeoGAF automatically adding the 'viglink' extension when clicking on a link causing a problem but copy&pasting or dragging the URL gets the same result. And despite the error message, the top of the page *does* say 'Thank You For Your Request' though I couldn't tell you why.

zeemumu

I'm a bit concerned they aren't going to have time during KH3 to cover all the plot stuff they need to tie up by the end. I mean, if it's going to be like most KH games where it starts off with relevant plot stuff, then the next 80% of the game is Disney filler, and then the last bit is back to being relevant plot stuff for the main story arc... I just dunno. They have so much to do. Find Aqua, wake Ventus, free Terra from Xehanort, decide if Roxas and/or Xion will be their own character outside of Sora, etc all the while stopping Xehanort from achieving his goals. It's a lot to do with I feel like very little time in the game (if they follow previous KH games and how they flow). I have nothing against the Disney worlds, but they are mostly just filler stuff that doesn't matter.

Finding Aqua will probably happen on its own, and she knows where Ventus is so that's no problem as long as they get that keyblade. Terra being freed from Xehanort will be one of the last things to happen, Sora will probably find a way to give Roxas and Xion their own hearts, And Xehanort is gonna underestimate Kingdom Hearts and it'll screw him over.

I'd prefer that the Disney Worlds stay because they provide interesting settings and were the initial reason that I got into this series in the first place (I was little when the first game came out and knew very little about FF outside of 8).

Finding Aqua will probably happen on its own, and she knows where Ventus is so that's no problem as long as they get that keyblade. Terra being freed from Xehanort will be one of the last things to happen, Sora will probably find a way to give Roxas and Xion their own hearts, And Xehanort is gonna underestimate Kingdom Hearts and it'll screw him over.

I'd prefer that the Disney Worlds stay because they provide interesting settings and were the initial reason that I got into this series in the first place (I was little when the first game came out and knew very little about FF outside of 8).

That sounds familiar

Famassu

I'm a bit concerned they aren't going to have time during KH3 to cover all the plot stuff they need to tie up by the end. I mean, if it's going to be like most KH games where it starts off with relevant plot stuff, then the next 80% of the game is Disney filler, and then the last bit is back to being relevant plot stuff for the main story arc... I just dunno. They have so much to do. Find Aqua, wake Ventus, free Terra from Xehanort, decide if Roxas and/or Xion will be their own character outside of Sora, etc all the while stopping Xehanort from achieving his goals. It's a lot to do with I feel like very little time in the game (if they follow previous KH games and how they flow). I have nothing against the Disney worlds, but they are mostly just filler stuff that doesn't matter.
Nomura did say they've heard the complaints about the storylines in Disney worlds being too irrelevant to the larger whole, so there's a chance the stories in the Disney worlds will be a bit more involved with the larger storyline of preparing for battle with the Nu Org XIII.

Andrefpvs

To be honest, one of my fears regarding Kingdom Hearts 3 is that it ends up suffering from what I like to call the "Metal Gear Solid 4 syndrome", where there are so many loose ends to tie up, that the game's structure ends up suffering because of that. I also dislike having plot points that have been building up for 10 years be resolved in 13 seconds or less.

On the other hand, perhaps this is an opportunity to go back to having the main story mingle with the Disney worlds, which is much better than having the Disney parts feel like filler. Backloading all the plot in KH3 indeed doesn't sound like a wise idea.

Either way, I think it's a safe bet to assume that KH3 will be a huge game.

Malyse

I see what went wrong.

Neogaf's URL parser script changed the "&" into a "&" which screwed the URL

I updated the post but here they are again.

Kingdom Hearts: The Novel by Tomoco Kanemaki

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316260193?ie=UTF8&a=0316260193

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories The Novel by Tomoco Kanemaki

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316261734?ie=UTF8&a=0316261734

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix by Shiro Amano

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316254207?ie=UTF8&a=0316254207

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316254215?ie=UTF8&a=0316254215

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories by Shiro Amano

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316255629?ie=UTF8&a=0316255629

Kingdom Hearts II by Shiro Amano

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316401145?ie=UTF8&a=0316401145

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316401153?ie=UTF8&a=0316401153

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316288799?ie=UTF8&a=0316288799

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days by Shiro Amano

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316401188?ie=UTF8&a=0316401188

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316401196?ie=UTF8&a=0316401196

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_031640120X?ie=UTF8&a=031640120X

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316286761?ie=UTF8&a=0316286761

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fi...ref=dtp_dp_su_0316336262?ie=UTF8&a=0316336262

Either that or he'll corrupt it somehow and turn Kingdom Hearts into darkness. I don't see how he can fulfill his goal of recreating the world with an artifact of pure light.

Yeah, you're right that he couldn't do that with an object of pure light. I'm a little confused now, though... Has the real Kingdom Hearts shown up at all in the series? I thought that there were things about the ones that showed up in KH and KHII that made them "artificial" Kingdom Hearts

Yeah, you're right that he couldn't do that with an object of pure light. I'm a little confused now, though... Has the real Kingdom Hearts shown up at all in the series? I thought that there were things about the ones that showed up in KH and KHII that made them "artificial" Kingdom Hearts

The ones in KH and KHII were artificial, yeah. The one in the first game was made from the hearts of worlds, and the one in II was made from the hearts of people.

The jury is out on whether or not the one that pops up in Birth by Sleep was real, though the fact that it shows up when the x-blade is close to being forged and promptly leaves when it's destroyed probably points to it being the real one.

kaitain19

The ones in KH and KHII were artificial, yeah. The one in the first game was made from the hearts of worlds, and the one in II was made from the hearts of people.

The jury is out on whether or not the one that pops up in Birth by Sleep was real, though the fact that it shows up when the x-blade is close to being forged and promptly leaves when it's destroyed probably points to it being the real one.

Wait a minute. The one in KH isn't the real one?

According to story told by Kairi's grandmother in BBS the real Kingdom Hearts is currently deep within the realm of darkness. Isn't that essentially what the Kingdom Hearts in the first game is? Pure light, but currently engulfed in darkness? Which is why Sora, Riku, and Mickey had to close the door to Kingdom Hearts, in order to prevent darkness from leaking out into the realm of light?

Wait a minute. The one in KH isn't the real one?

According to story told by Kairi's grandmother in BBS the real Kingdom Hearts is currently deep within the realm of darkness. Isn't that essentially what the Kingdom Hearts in the first game is? Pure light, but currently engulfed in darkness? Which is why Sora, Riku, and Mickey had to close the door to Kingdom Hearts, in order to prevent darkness from leaking out into the realm of light?

Dream Drop Distance's glossary entry for Kingdom Hearts retcons it as being artificial.

zeemumu

KH II's was a fake one built by Xemnas. Didn't know about KH's being artificial too, though. BBS's was the real one I think. That may explain why Ansem SOD and Xemnas didn't need the x-blade, but Xehanort did.

So the lights so far are
Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, and Lea
and the darknesses are
Xemnas, Ansem SOD, Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Isa, and Braig.
Putting aside the other 7 darknesses, who would be the final light if
Sora
becomes a darkness?

Malyse

KH II's was a fake one built by Xemnas. Didn't know about KH's being artificial too, though. BBS's was the real one I think. That may explain why Ansem SOD and Xemnas didn't need the x-blade, but Xehanort did.

So the lights so far are
Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, and Lea
and the darknesses are
Xemnas, Ansem SOD, Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Isa, and Braig.
Putting aside the other 7 darknesses, who would be the final light if
Sora
becomes a darkness?
Light =! Keyblade Wielder.
Dream Drop Distance said:
Mickey: Seven guardians of light? Well, for keyblade wielders, there's me and Riku and Sora. And my three missing friends, that's six. Then the seventh would be... That means... The thirteen seekers of darkness...

Xehanort: Yes, little king. Perceptive. But Sora and another on your list belong to me now. And that puts you three guardians short.

Banzai

lol I thought "Kingdom Hearts" in the first KH was nothing more than a door to the realm of darkness and the light coming out of it was Mickey finishing Ansem SoD.

Silly me, thinking I could make sense of KH's plot.

zeemumu

lol I thought "Kingdom Hearts" in the first KH was nothing more than a door to the realm of darkness and the light coming out of it was Mickey finishing Ansem SoD.

Silly me, thinking I could make sense of KH's plot.

Nope, it's a big heart-shaped moon with the power to bend reality.

Light =! Keyblade Wielder.
That goes without saying since the light part also applies to the princesses, but doesn't Yen Sid intend to gather keyblade wielders specifically?

I'm hoping after kh3, they tone down the story elements down. By all means go wacky but one at a time. Time travelling, multiple same character and hearts hiding in hearts was one too many.

To be honest, one of my fears regarding Kingdom Hearts 3 is that it ends up suffering from what I like to call the "Metal Gear Solid 4 syndrome", where there are so many loose ends to tie up, that the game's structure ends up suffering because of that. I also dislike having plot points that have been building up for 10 years be resolved in 13 seconds or less.

On the other hand, perhaps this is an opportunity to go back to having the main story mingle with the Disney worlds, which is much better than having the Disney parts feel like filler. Backloading all the plot in KH3 indeed doesn't sound like a wise idea.

Either way, I think it's a safe bet to assume that KH3 will be a huge game.

This is definitely a valid concern. I'm kind of afraid everything will be back loaded into the end of the game. Although some will need to get resolved quickly I feel (aqua and ventus in particular).

I feel like KHII did a good job of balancing the Disney story lines with the actions of Organization XIII members. Big story milestones, like recovering Ventus and Aqua, could be split between chunks of 2-3 Disney worlds, while NuOrg XIII members can be dealt with within the Disney worlds and the milestone locations

I feel like KHII did a good job of balancing the Disney story lines with the actions of Organization XIII members. Big story milestones, like recovering Ventus and Aqua, could be split between chunks of 2-3 Disney worlds, while NuOrg XIII members can be dealt with within the Disney worlds and the milestone locations

That's would definitely be ideal (doing chunks of the important story bits in between some of the Disney worlds) . Kh2 did an okay job in the last half after and during the 1000 heartless battle, but prior to that, most of the Disney worlds were pretty irrelevant to what was going on in the main story.

I still can't wait for Sora's reaction to Ventus for the first time. Will be glorious to see him so dumbfounded and confused.

Malyse

I'm hoping after kh3, they tone down the story elements down. By all means go wacky but one at a time. Time travelling, multiple same character and hearts hiding in hearts was one too many.
I'm looking more forward to KH4 for that reason explicitly. They are adapting Disney FFS. They should be doing much simpler storytelling.
I still can't wait for Sora's reaction to Ventus for the first time. Will be glorious to see him so dumbfounded and confused.
How about when he meets Vanitas?

Malyse

That's would definitely be ideal (doing chunks of the important story bits in between some of the Disney worlds) . Kh2 did an okay job in the last half after and during the 1000 heartless battle, but prior to that, most of the Disney worlds were pretty irrelevant to what was going on in the main story.

I think BBS did the best job of not backloading the story. DDD did well too, to a lesser extent, simply because you weren't in a "get to the plot already" mood a la KH2 because there wasn't as much foreshadowing. Hopefully, KH3 won't be another case of last ten hours are all that matters.
Nope, it's a big heart-shaped moon with the power to bend reality.

That goes without saying since the light part also applies to the princesses, but doesn't Yen Sid intend to gather keyblade wielders specifically?

Yes, because aside from Apprentice Six, Young Xehanort, and Master Xehanort
and Terra and Riku
, Keyblade Wielders are exceptionally proficient at warding off the darkness. Even if they aren't lights, its still genreally a good idea to have the keybladers together.

Now click those damn links I posted.

zeemumu

I think BBS did the best job of not backloading the story. DDD did well too, to a lesser extent, simply because you weren't in a "get to the plot already" mood a la KH2 because there wasn't as much foreshadowing. Hopefully, KH3 won't be another case of last ten hours are all that matters.

Yes, because aside from Apprentice Six, Young Xehanort, and Master Xehanort
and Terra and Riku
, Keyblade Wielders are exceptionally proficient at warding off the darkness. Even if they aren't lights, its still genreally a good idea to have the keybladers together.

Now click those damn links I posted.

I own a physical copy of part one of the KH Final Mix book

Malyse

I own a physical copy of part one of the KH Final Mix book
Ok. Now help other people get to read it. It's not "I would like to buy this book on Kindle" it's "I would like to see this book on Kindle". You should like seeing more people with an opportunity to get into kingdom hearts. Plus, you can gift Kindle books with ease. There is literally no downside to clicking those links.

Daily.

zeemumu

Ok. Now help other people get to read it. It's not "I would like to buy this book on Kindle" it's "I would like to see this book on Kindle". You should like seeing more people with an opportunity to get into kingdom hearts. Plus, you can gift Kindle books with ease. There is literally no downside to clicking those links.

Daily.

You can't get people into Kingdom Hearts that way. Kingdom Hearts has to choose you. Trust me, I've tried.

It's out in west Japan
t9GtL8a.gif

iosefe

oh wait, you're back, with a name change.

i saw the chi blog mention and got confused wondering where you were

i need chi

zeemumu

I'm 212 stages in and we haven't even met Ephy yet. You aren't missing anything but time get used to one of the most fun mobile games out.

I mean, my name is pronounced Malice. Of course I'm darkness.

You're using different vetsions of yourself to artificially surge your suggestions to developers and recreate Kingdom Hearts in your own image!

Malyse

You're using different vetsions of yourself to artificially surge your suggestions to developers and recreate Kingdom Hearts in your own image!

Yup. And I'm going to diversify it. KH anime. KH toys. KH Monster Hunter. KH MMO. KH in Infinity. KH novels and manga in canon NOT adapted from the games. Side stories that tie in to canon without being required for enjoyment of the franchise. Kingdom Hearts with be the new Star Wars.

zeemumu

Yup. And I'm going to diversify it. KH anime. KH toys. KH Monster Hunter. KH MMO. KH in Infinity. KH novels and manga in canon NOT adapted from the games. Side stories that tie in to canon without being required for enjoyment of the franchise. Kingdom Hearts with be the new Star Wars.

2 of those already exist, and I own them. Chi is technically an MMO, and I could go for a KH Dynasty Warriors instead.

Malyse

2 of those already exist, and I own them. Chi is technically an MMO, and I could go for a KH Dynasty Warriors instead.
Nope. Chi is an online single player game with a chat function and teams. At no point do you directly interact with another player character. No Massively Multiplayer component.

-----

Again, outside of enemy count, what's the real difference between a Hunter and a Musou?

Top Bottom