• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

zeemumu

Nope. Chi is an online single player game with a chat function and teams. At no point do you directly interact with another player character. No Massively Multiplayer component.

-----

Again, outside of enemy count, what's the real difference between a Hunter and a Musou?

But the keyblade and King Mickey are available in Infinity

iosefe

Again, outside of enemy count, what's the real difference between a Hunter and a Musou?

though i haven't played any musou outside of a demo the difference this this

Hunter: Have the main target in an area, they are the sole goal and all your items and such are based around defeating that. imagine entering an area and you have ice Titan. using your equipment, items, and skill, you find the mark, defeat the mark. claim a successful mission completed. playstyle changes based on weapon used

Musou: Waves upon waves of fodder coming after you as you enter different areas and fulfill objectives. A lot of hacking and slashing at a multitude of enemies

how close am i on musou games?

Malyse

i could dig a monster hunter styled kingdom hearts.

not sure how it's work, but i want it
Sigh. Hold on.

I only want one thing and one thing only from the Kingdom Hearts series: Monster Hunter / PSO styled game. Four player co-op, mission structure, multiple costumes, create a character. Set it in the past and use the plotline of KH chi. Plus with what like, 11 different keyblade wielding styles thus far? Let up pick what kind of keyblade fighting style we want to use as well. Or, you can tie the wielding style to the keyblade itself. Big and unwieldy? Terra style. Two handed grip? Eraqus style. Short and speedy? Ven style. Two big blades? Valor style. Two light blades? Roxas style. Make the abilities item drops with a trading system. Let us pick classes too. So a dual wielding mage would be Master form style, a dual wielding tank would be Valor and a dual wielding DPS would be Roxas. Call it RE:chi. Done and done.

I'll add: make the mission structure like Days and give me the keyblade evolution of chi. Toss in some character trees to customize my character. For example, one tree leads to the ability to use forms, which you would have to use points to unlock. One tree leads to keyblade transformations. One tree leads to limit breaks a la days. One tree leads to style changes. One leads to a redone overclock system. And you can switch between a KH1, KH2, and KH3D,BBS,re:coded magic system.
though i haven't played any musou outside of a demo the difference this this

Hunter: Have the main target in an area, they are the sole goal and all your items and such are based around defeating that. imagine entering an area and you have ice Titan. using your equipment, items, and skill, you find the mark, defeat the mark. claim a successful mission completed. playstyle changes based on weapon used

Musou: Waves upon waves of fodder coming after you as you enter different areas and fulfill objectives. A lot of hacking and slashing at a multitude of enemies

how close am i on musou games?

Hunters have done the Musou description and Musous have done the Hunter. There are frequently missions where your sole objective in a Musou is to take down a single enemy.

iosefe

My god that sounds magical. Even as simple as mashing chi and Days MP would be sorta enough. But I like the combat tree idea

I really should find a musou to play. What's good?

iosefe

I have some plans on a ps4 so I'll probably get DQ heroes. No plans on getting a Wii u unfortunately. And these days I won't be surprised if Nep U hits steam

Cool tree added! We are proud to announce our team is very busy location hunting for a nice forest area. Suggest a spot? #KH3 #KINGDOMHEARTS

Now in Development.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_ar2fy84tuww0gss04wsso0sw4_640.jpg

Malyse

My party is way too strong. I got this one guy who has all level 100 medals. Makes it fun to call in the cavalry and let them wreck the Heartless.

Honestly I never messed with the gummis. I could never use anything from those blueprints you could get and I always made something shitty but with lots of firepower. I wouldn't miss it

Malyse

Yup. And I'm going to diversify it. KH anime. KH toys. KH Monster Hunter. KH MMO. KH in Infinity. KH novels and manga in canon NOT adapted from the games. Side stories that tie in to canon without being required for enjoyment of the franchise. Kingdom Hearts with be the new Star Wars.
Also, a Disney Infinity based spin off where you place two figures and a playset piece on the base and play as Sora
LOLNO, Fuck Sora. Kairi game
with the two figures as AI companions in a world based on the playset.

iosefe

Also, a Disney Infinity based spin off where you place two figures and a playset piece on the base and play as Sora
LOLNO, Fuck Sora. Kairi game
with the two figures as AI companions in a world based on the playset.

they just gotta steal the LEGo Dimension portal set up. already supports 3 figures at once

GoldStarz

I doubt the KH series would go for a villain protagonist title, at least, one where the character is a villain from start to end. Also like you said about a Roxas game, how would that work?

I could see an Anti Villain Young Xehanort game (maybe with Eraqus in there too) if they want another prequel entry. Vanitas not so much. Honestly if they do another ''big side game'' before KH4 I think this is one of the more probable ones.

What they need is RE Mercenaries type of mode with all dem popular characters.

Falk

that puzzling face
Vanitas is literally the Shadow the Hedgehog edgy recolor of the franchise created by an experiment gone wrong.

Just give him a game where he has a gun and takes candy from babies.

Vanitas is literally the Shadow the Hedgehog edgy recolor of the franchise created by an experiment gone wrong.

Just give him a game where he has a gun and takes candy from babies.
Vanitas is a good character honestly. I just wish they'd find a way to fit what was in the Vanitas novels into BBS

I dunno where that keyblade is from but it's almost exactly what I'd imagine Yen Sid's keyblade being minus the black colour.

My old speculation what Yen Sid's keyblade could possibly look like was something similar to Stroke of Midnight keyblade with blue/light blue colour scheme and it would have the classic Disney castle implemented to it. The handle would be the stylished ''D'' from the Walt Disney logo. Keychain would be Yen Sids hat.

Malyse

I dunno where that keyblade is from but it's almost exactly what I'd imagine Yen Sid's keyblade being minus the black colour.
That's at Disney. It's a thing that they have.

fanart___kingdom_hearts_iii_cover_by_dakiarts-d8tqrz0.png

Xion: Roxas, What is a kiss?
Roxas: Uhm...Well, Axel said it was something you do with the person you love...
Xion: What kind of something?
Roxas: Like this...!

curiosity_by_hallsth_eien-d8h7s7b.png

I think I understand waifu culture now...

Welcome.

this_time____i_ll_fight__by_hallsth_eien-d8dya0l.png

Top Bottom