• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

zeemumu

Frozen 2 is going to kill everything though. It will prolly beat everything but TFA.

Money-wise, yeah. Critically it'll probably fall short of everyone's expectations regardless of how good it is. It's doomed on arrival in the same way that Half Life 3 would be.

Malyse

What's something in the franchise that you think is underrated?

Any small thing or element that you think people should appreciate more.

I know that people hate on Chain frequently, but Lord of the Castle is one of the greatest pieces of music in the series.

Malyse

Funny you say that, I think LoTC is probably Shimomura's best KH track.

Right? Regardless of feelings toward Chain, it's excellent.

----

tumblr_mncy80jL6W1sso32jo1_1280.jpg

It's been ten long years.

Tsunamo

Yeah Lord of the Castle's fantastic. Re:CoM's such a fantastic remake, may not be the best game, but what it added onto the cardsystem and exploiting new sleights was fantastic, completely changed my enjoyment compared to the original (though in its own right the original is enjoyable as the only 2D Kingdom Hearts that's sprite based)

And turns out I woke up early, will anyone on twitter at the event or somewhere be reporting on it live? Only place I could find is KH13.

Edit: Friend told me Churro (or at least churro's covering it anyway) and aibo are at the event, so live that's good enough for me.
https://twitter.com/churroz?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
https://twitter.com/aibo_ac7?lang=en

DKHF

Yeah Lord of the Castle's fantastic. Re:CoM's such a fantastic remake, may not be the best game, but what it added onto the cardsystem and exploiting new sleights was fantastic, completely changed my enjoyment compared to the original (though in its own right the original is enjoyable as the only 2D Kingdom Hearts that's sprite based)

And turns out I woke up early, will anyone on twitter at the event or somewhere be reporting on it live? Only place I could find is KH13.
There's also KHInsider and for tweets live from the event (in Japanese) @aibo_ac7

aravuus

Didn't know there was going to be a KH expo thingie, apparently nothing worth mentioning happened since this thread is so quiet? Don't have the time to skim through the expo thread

e: oh looks like it's still going? lol gonna join the thread then

Didn't know there was going to be a KH expo thingie, apparently nothing worth mentioning happened since this thread is so quiet? Don't have the time to skim through the expo thread
disney kidnapped the loved ones of the attendees so they can't leak anything until the embargo ends in like 2 hours

zeemumu

So either they held us hostage to reveal absolutely nothing or the embargo hasn't ended yet. I'm gonna go to sleep now. If someone would be kind enough to link/compile all new info into this thread so I don't have to skim through the hype thread that'd be great.

Tsunamo

Times like these i'm thankful I live in Australia.

X3X9krb.png

At least you'll get to explore the main Chi world in 3, even if you don't get to play Unchained, right BloodDiamonds?

botty

Banned
I am really crossing my fingers that Marluxia returns to Kingdom Hearts. It's been a while since we had a villain that could think for themselves.

It's kinda weird that we got more new info out of the Disney Interactive panel than we did for this one.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the trailer (even if it's not much new it could be good) but I must admit no new world announcement is very surprising to me, especially after previous D23 where they are willing to reveal one with only concept art.

This is totally out of my ass but let's speculate that KH3 had 9 Disney worlds, same amount as KH1. They'd still have 6 unannounced ones. D23 Japan, E3 2016, TGS 2016, Jump Festa 2016, E3 2017...

Y u gotta kill my head narrative for the marketing SE? ;-;

zeemumu

When the hell is Chi coming to the US? It's a cell phone/browser game with likely no voice acting.

Come on SE, you've got TBD release dates for 3 different games and two of them are rereleases.

Malyse

When the hell is Chi coming to the US? It's a cell phone/browser game with likely no voice acting.

Come on SE, you've got TBD release dates for 3 different games and two of them are rereleases.

Chi is never coming. Unchained X will though 😉

Famassu

I'll reserve judgement until I see the trailer (even if it's not much new it could be good) but I must admit no new world announcement is very surprising to me, especially after previous D23 where they are willing to reveal one with only concept art.

This is totally out of my ass but let's speculate that KH3 had 9 Disney worlds, same amount as KH1. They'd still have 6 unannounced ones. D23 Japan, E3 2016, TGS 2016, Jump Festa 2016, E3 2017...

Y u gotta kill my head narrative for the marketing SE? ;-;
They aren't going to reveal every world prior to the marketing kicking into high gear. They'll wanna leave most of them until a few months prior to launch.

And IIRC, Nomura has implied this game has more worlds than KH I or KH II.

Square Enix might be waiting until it's a bit more content complete before they go through with a localization, instead going through the localization progress in smaller parts. Probably more efficient that way.

Aizo

Banned
I don't really like mobile games... Should I play Chi? I'm looking at it on the app store right now and wondering if I should play it at all, and if so, PC or mobile?

I don't really like mobile games... Should I play Chi? I'm looking at it on the app store right now and wondering if I should play it at all, and if so, PC or mobile?
Mobile without a doubt. Includes more than the PC version does, I believe. I think you should at least give it a shot if you're a fan of the series. It adds more to the story and provides info to the Keyblade War.

Tsunamo

Mobile without a doubt. Includes more than the PC version does, I believe. I think you should at least give it a shot if you're a fan of the series. It adds more to the story and provides info to the Keyblade War.
The only thing I'm not a fan of is it feels like they've done a bit of padding for the missions towards the end on the mobile version to give it more content, but it tends to feel like it's dragging on a bit, same could be said about Chi at times aswell though.

With that said though the game's really fun and really fair for a free play mobile game, microtransactions aren't forced on you and it's actually really fair in allowing you to basically play the whole game up until the point it's at without them, so it's worth a try for sure I think.
Sorry again Blood Diamonds

Malyse

Empirically false. The UX has a fraction of the content in [chi]. It's not even remotely close.

Falk

that puzzling face
He's right, in the sense that Unchained is supposed to be the definitive Keyblade War story.

Caveat being, when it's done with its story content.

Knowing how fickle mobile marketplace is, for retention value that could be rushed as early as 2016 or stretched out to 2026 depending how the game does

(eheheheheh)

Empirically false. The UX has a fraction of the content in [chi]. It's not even remotely close.

Really? I could have sworn reading somewhere that Unchained χ had more to it than [chi] did, at the very least they had the same content but the difference being Unchained χ's gameplay due to being on a mobile device.

I know that [chi] came out first and all, but I didn't think it had more content.

Malyse

He's right, in the sense that Unchained is supposed to be the definitive Keyblade War story.

Caveat being, when it's done with its story content.

Knowing how fickle mobile marketplace is, for retention value that could be rushed as early as 2016 or stretched out to 2026 depending how the game does

(eheheheheh)
They have an endpoint in mind already. Also, the story of UX and [chi] has already diverged on the point of Ephemera. IIRC, in [chi] you are meeting him for the first time, but in UX, you are already friends and are looking to find him.

botty

Banned
I do not even care about Chi/UX anymore with Backcover coming. Chi has always seemed like an even more exploitive version than Coded to me, and I'd rather just watch whatever story it tries to tell.

Top Bottom