• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to PS3 (2013) and KH Browser game for PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Nah. The tail end of the game has one of the worst, most drawn out final boss sequences I've ever experienced.

The halfway point of the game (The Radiant Garden invasion) was ace, though.

The 1000 Heartless battle was kinda cool, but other than that.. yeah, KHII was just a dull, but admittedly pretty, game.

Ponn

Banned
oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh YES!!! TGS redeemed oh gimme gimme gimme!! Please let there be KH HD 2.5 with BBS included. This is confirmed U.S. right? RIGHT?!

Edit: Oh Square please bring back the shiny metallic cases, better yet a shiny metallic steelbook!

HiiiLife

I played KH1 when I was in Elementary school. Man that game was fun as hell. I remember the Hercules part the most when you have to battle all those bosses for different trophies.

RPGCrazied

1.5? Lol. Where is 2? ;/ I'm guessing there is going to be more than one collection? I will laugh and cry if this doesn't come to NA. 358/2 days is cutscenes only? lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fuck yeah!! Finallyyyy~ I really hope this comes to the US. Pleasepleaseplease Square!

I'm betting SE does another remix, 2.5, with 2 Final Mix and BBS HD. I hope they do anyway. Maybe it'll even have Re:Coded cutscenes in theater mode! XD

near

Gold Member
I played KH1 when I was in Elementary school. Man that game was fun as hell. I remember the Hercules part the most when you have to battle all those bosses for different trophies.

And now this literally has trophies. :p

Pixels

Awesome! It's been so long since I played this and I don't think I ever finished it. Also, I've never played any of the spinoffs. Day 1!

I desperately hope that the 358/2 Days cutscenes are all included as one single long movie, which will be 95% footage of Axel, Roxas, and Xion eating ice cream.
They do.

KH 2.5 mix to include KH2, BBS, and DDS cutscenes?
Seems reasonable enough. DDS could likely be made playable on PS3 but it'd take effort to redo a bunch of stuff, whereas KH2:FM+ and BBS:FM would be extremely easy conversions.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
100%.

And the games were picked because they can lazily run them through Sony's PS2 > PS2 upscaler tools, so don't expect the rest of the games (unless Sony has a PSP > PS3 upscaler).

I would assume they have a PSP -> PS3 upscaler, with the PlayStation Portable Remaster Series thing they had going, and the two God of War PSP games getting ported to PS3.

BasilZero

Squareenix sure loves making single game HD collections o_O.

Oh well...Day 1 for me too since it includes final mix...hopefully it comes to the west though :/

RPGCrazied

re:COM is playable. Days is cutscenes only.

I edited my post. That is fucking stupid though. Might as well go watch them in youtube. Should've given us 2. Oh well. I'm glad I can finally play KH1 HD, final mix too! Unless it doesn't make it to NA.

Or if it does, it'll be the no final mix version, lol.

stryke

You can tell SE really went the extra mile for this one. /s

They're probably leaving 2 and BBS for another time.

100%.

And the games were picked because they can lazily run them through Sony's PS2 > PS2 upscaler tools, so don't expect the rest of the games (unless Sony has a PSP > PS3 upscaler).

Hahahaha if you think it's as easy as running it through some application and recompiling the game. It's much less work than building an entirely new game, but it's still actual work to make it happen.

And yeah, Sony has a toolset to make PSP->PS3 conversion easier. It's not an 'upscaler' though, and it takes months of work.

Mikey Jr.

I was going to do a marathon, but I'll just wait now. This will be mine.

But people saying that 2.5 will have coded. Isn't coded some bullshit, crappy phone game that barely resembles a game?

HiiiLife

Still wish this came with part 2 tho. Never got the chance to play it.

But from what GAF is saying.. I'm not missing much. Lol.

Salsa

lmao, they're just never going to announce 3

KINGDOM HEARTS 1.9.9 KINGDOM HEARTS 2 1.8.4 FINAL FINAL WE SWEAR

Ponn

Banned
I'm literally like Tom Cruise going crazy on a couch right now! Oh my god this is such awesome news i've been waiting for.

Seda

Still wish this came with part 2 tho. Never got the chance to play it.

But from what GAF is saying.. I'm not missing much. Lol.

Final Mix is apparently a huge upgrade but it was never localized. Obviously it can't help with the plot craziness, however,

Hahahaha if you think it's as easy as running it through some application and recompiling the game. It's much less work than building an entirely new game, but it's still actual work to make it happen.

And yeah, Sony has a toolset to make PSP->PS3 conversion easier. It's not an 'upscaler' though, and it takes months of work.

Which translates to years for a company like SE.

noobasuar

Banned
Will buy so I can finally experience the final mix version of Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite games, the rest of the series can go fuck itself though. Not even mad that 2 isn't included. As far as I'm concerned the first one is the only one worth a damn. I still remember unlocking the secret ending in the first one and thinking about how amazing the series was going to become. Oh well! Still love the first one....

Berordn

Everyone who keeps asking about KH2 and BBS are forgetting that this is Square we're talking about. They're going to sell you all three games with marginal improvements at full price and you're going to buy them. There is no such thing as a collection.

Mikey Jr.

Will buy so I can finally experience the final mix version of Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite games, the rest of the series can go fuck itself though. Not even mad that 2 isn't included. As far as I'm concerned the first one is the only one worth a damn. I still remember unlocking the secret ending in the first one and thinking about how amazing the series was going to become. Oh well! Still love the first one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOz9mgs5-mI

Still gives me goosebumps.

RPGCrazied

All that wasted space on the bluray. I hope to god there is another collection. I want 2 more than 1. Really didn't like re:com, didn't get to play BBS, but saw the cutscenes online. I have a 3DS with DDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom