• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Protip: Aqua can jump cancel out of successful guards, so you can potentially pull off some neat juggle silliness:

l3q2IafsRFNymkVbO.gif

jiggle

Master Xehanort is Luxu's apprentice with No Name. That keyblade is meant to allow the Master of Masters to see the future.

Also earlier on it was said that the only way to bring the master back was to summon kingdom hearts, something Xehanort has been trying to do the whole series.

raven777

Protip: Aqua can jump cancel out of successful guards, so you can potentially pull off some neat juggle silliness:

l3q2IafsRFNymkVbO.gif

yea this is very useful. I just mashed the counter blast all the time but this gives more damage option compared to counter blast in these instances.

I gotta say, Ray Chase was absolutely fantastic as the Master of Masters.

I really enjoyed X back cover, makes me what to play x chi now too.

Could i start DDD or should i wait until 1.5/2.5 comes out for ps4? I havent played birth by sleep or DDD, as those were the two i missed out on.

Back Cover just skipped ahead halfway through a scene. Paused and youtubed it and yeah, a good few minutes just skipped.

Anyone else had that happen?

I'm wondering if drives are just going to become command styles for Sora in KH3

I guess there was some screenshots of Sora doing a combo move with Goofy, so maybe they just combined Drives with Limits. This is going by
the wayfinder style that Aqua has with Mickey

I don't think so and didn't Nomura already confirm in an interview that the combat systems won't be the same. BbS 0.2 is the sequel to BbS, so it makes sense to mix some elements from BbS into the combat. KH3 will have the classic system though, but it will be interesting how they fit all the bew things into the game.

Psxphile

It's crazy how well the magic tracks in this game.
VillainousWigglyDore.gif

FineAdventurousIslandcanary.gif

playing DDD after 0.2 and magic feels so bad lol.

The difference between a Master and an amateur wielder.

Which is an odd thing to say considering Sora's accomplishments, but being self-taught probably places unknown limits on one's potential.

Which is an odd thing to say considering Sora's accomplishments, but being self-taught probably places unknown limits on one's potential.

IIRC, this was the exact reason for Yen Sid resetting Sora and Riku's skills at the beginning of Dream Drop Distance and essentially having them formally re-trained.

Yeah, I really dig the tracking, although I assume it won't feature in KH3 (outside of maybe playable Aqua). It makes sense for the 'mage' character, but it would be weird AF on Sora.
I expect it would. We've already seen blizzard used for a grind rail in KH3, as well as fire magic tracking towards Water Cores in Olympus.

l3q2IafsRFNymkVbO.gif

yeah i was really happy when i found that out, Aqua guard may not be the best but giving more options out of it was nice

Yeah, I really dig the tracking, although I assume it won't feature in KH3 (outside of maybe playable Aqua). It makes sense for the 'mage' character, but it would be weird AF on Sora.

actually i believe it will be, Sora magic in the trailers looks to be as good as Aqua magic in 0.2.

Strings

I expect it would. We've already seen blizzard used for a grind rail in KH3, as well as fire magic tracking towards Water Cores in Olympus.

actually i believe it will be, Sora magic in the trailers looks to be as good as Aqua magic in 0.2.

Huh. Well, I can dig it from a gameplay perspective. They'll probably explain it during the start of KH3
at motherfucking Olympus yasssss. I can't wait for Phil to finally call us true heroes!

raven777

went back and watched the KH3 trailers..

attraction flow pop up icon and the duration mark is same as the situation command in 0.2..

He pops it up right away in the trailer without any prerequisite but obviously this was edited out trailer so who knows how exactly we activate it..

attraction flow pop up icon and the duration mark is same as the situation command in 0.2..

He pops it up right away in the trailer without any prerequisite but obviously this was edited out trailer so who knows how exactly we activate it..

There's a lot to take out of these trailers now. The Water Cores also seem to have had a few moves removed from 0.2, namely where they can create a water cloud above Sora.

NullKaze

Situation Commands will almost certainly feature in KH3.

I'm betting they will be how we activate Attraction Flow, Commands (like Blizzaja, but in Sora's case, it'll also be things like Raging Storm, Quake, Freeze, etc. as well) and Keyblade Transformations (which I think will also be Drives).

Nomura has said that Transformations depend on your actions during battle (much like Command Styles), and he's also said that Transformations and Drive Forms are linked (so Power Form may make one Keyblade a hammer, and make another Keyblade a giant axe, Guard Form may make one Keyblade a shield and another Keyblade a buckler).

Beat 0.2 on Proud, the last 2 boss fights are pretty freaking hard and feel really cheap because it seems like they give you Second Chance but not Once More (or vise versa) or there's some kind of damage threshold or something because there were several times I wouldn't recover and would still get combo'd and die when I shouldn't be. Doesn't help that there is no actual listing of what abilities Aqua has equipped or hell maybe its just really glitchy its really hard to tell but something is not right somewhere in there. Guarding also seems to have a longer recovery compared to videos I've seen of the Japanese version where they could just spam it damn well near endlessly but theres a clear delay before you can use it again in the US version.

I enjoyed 0.2 although I thought it would give more story details.
The whole thing basically taking place during KH1 and it ending with Aqua still suck in the realm of Darkness threw me off because I thought this would be the story of how she escapes from the RoD and it would end with her escaping or being saved or something(The opening movie gives that impression too). Hell once Mickey decided to show up I was still thinking that until I realized what was happening towards the very end when he mentions the Keyblade of the RoD. It certainly helps to fill in and explain a few plot holes from KH1 (which lets be honest, out of this series is the least of our worries at this point XD) but IDK I was really hoping for more of a setup for KH3 when this just felt like DDD Secret Ending 2.0. Really the only thing revealed is that it seems as though Olympus Coliseum will be the first world in KH3 or at least one of the first.

Aizo

Banned
The last boss didn't give me that much trouble, only took 2 attempts @ l58 or so.
There's just a lot of waiting around for him to go yellow. Knowing about Mickey's QTE in the beginning part makes it go pretty quick. The freefalling for 45 seconds or whatever is the only annoying bit.
What difficulty were you on?

79 total drops in Dream Drop Distance and I finally finished all special portals (minus the boss ones).

Can finally do the end bosses.

tdwig

Neo Member
He uses Flowmotion right after. I wish Flowmotion was in 0.2. Would have worked considering it's in DDD as well but I guess it would have required too much testing.

Ugh flow motion is gross. If it's in KH3 I hope it's severely limited as to what you can do with it. I prefer the way in 1 and 2 you unlocked High Jump and Glide as your only vertical movement upgrades to make exploring more satisfying. Zipping and Dashing all around the map with flow motion is a major detriment to enjoying exploration in DDD.

raven777

If they also intent to got for the character customization route in KH III I really hope they don't use pre-recorded cutscenes.

some of the cutscenes in 0.2 was real-time but still didn't show the custimzation look which makes me feel it's intentional choice.
UnripeDelightfulAmphibian.gif

It's quite debated but many people don't like customization stuff showing up on the cutscenes. If they decide to do it, I hope at least there is an option since I also don't like customization showing up on the cutscenes.

If you choose to restart a fight in DDD after you died, your entire command deck needs to reload. I forget if this was a thing in the in the original version but I hope whomever decided this was fired.

some of the cutscenes in 0.2 was real-time but still didn't show the custimzation look which makes me feel it's intentional choice.
UnripeDelightfulAmphibian.gif

It's quite debated but many people don't like customization stuff showing up on the cutscenes. If they decide to do it, I hope at least there is an option since I also don't like customization showing up on the cutscenes.

Yes, an option would be the perfect way.

I noticed that the important cutscenes were the ones pre-recorded, like the ones
featuring Terra and Ventus, the ending, the epilogue and etc.
The bitrate takes a big hit when many things are moving on screen, that was really bad imo.

I guess they can't pre-recorded all of them in KH III because they would probably need to ship the game in at least 2 discs lol

Nose Master

What difficulty were you on?

Proud. The last boss really isn't bad at all, while going for the last
Zodiac Seal
I did him again on accident. Barely got touched.

The secret boss, tho. I finally got to see it's
clone move
after about an hour, and promptly got slapped.

Are we sure the game completion rewards of PS4 themes is an error and that SE isn't just trying to just cheat people of 4 bucks per theme?

Lnds500

I lost 3 times on the final boss. I didn't find it that hard either on Proud once you get a hang on it. Problem is it's a tedious battle and you don't have "checkpoints". I believe it must be one for the longest KH single-form battles outside of the secret bosses.

0.2's last boss is the worst (non optional) designed boss in the entire series, by far. Everything about that fight reeks of bad design, and figuring out how to even survive, let alone damage the final phase is obtuse as all hell. Every single one of Aqua's defensive and mobility options are nigh useless in that last fight.

It's like the entire fight was designed with Birth by Sleep's mechanics and options (infinte cartwheel spam, access to more than one cast of Cure at a time without a full recharge, etc.) in mind and they just didn't bother balancing it.

Berordn

Are we sure the game completion rewards of PS4 themes is an error and that SE isn't just trying to just cheat people of 4 bucks per theme?

It's free in the rest of the world and the equivalents in 1.5 and 2.5 were also included free.

Simply put it better be an error.

0.2's last boss is the worst (non optional) designed boss in the entire series, by far. Everything about that fight reeks of bad design, and figuring out how to even survive, let alone damage the final phase is obtuse as all hell. Every single one of Aqua's defensive and mobility options are nigh useless in that last fight.

It's like the entire fight was designed with Birth by Sleep's mechanics and options (infinte cartwheel spam, access to more than one cast of Cure at a time without a full recharge, etc.) in mind and they just didn't bother balancing it.

100% agreed. Totally felt like a boss designed for a different game.

Psxphile

Nerf patch incoming?

Top Bottom