• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

I'm wondering if drives are just going to become command styles for Sora in KH3

I guess there was some screenshots of Sora doing a combo move with Goofy, so maybe they just combined Drives with Limits. This is going by
the wayfinder style that Aqua has with Mickey

h0mebas3

In March get 1.5+ 2.5 HD (one purchase). This will give you 4 games and two HD cinematics.

KH 1.5:
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (first game, full game)

Kingdom Hearts Re:chain of Memories (sequel to Kingdom Hearts, full game)

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (HD Cinematics, watch before or after Kingdom Hearts 2)

KH 2.5:
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (full game)

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (prequel to Kingdom Hearts, required to understand 0.2 Birth by Sleep)

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (HD Cinematics)

Then you can get KH2.8:
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (full game, sequel to Kingdom Hearts 2 and Re:coded)

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep (sequel to Birth by Sleep, also takes place parallel to Kingdom Hearts. Play after Dream Drop Distance)

Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover (60 minute movie, watch at any time when playing this collection)

Thanks for explaining everyone. You all are awesome!

Dammit, Amazon still hasn't shipped this for me either Already have to put up with this shit for berseria too. At least this one has an estimated release date but still...

Ubernube

After Platinum last games, I wouldn't want them to tackle my KH.

Platinum have became less and less creative when it comes to combat since MGR and even Nier felt very similar to their last efforts and that's not good.

I don't want KH's combat to feel like Nier or Transformers.

Automata's combat is basically what happens if you take the original Nier's combat system and make it not mediocre as hell. I don't know why you're blaming lack of creativity for this when they're pretty much being faithful to the original. I assume they could easily be faithful to KH's if you're that worried about it, since I feel with Nier they proved they can be faithful to how another game's combat worked.

raven777

If drives and attraction flow are done by the style system I'll be upset

I honestly think at least one of the two would be done by the style system.
I actually don't mind too much if attraction flow were tied with the situation command. Drive form being locked to it would be a bit disappointing.

I honestly think at least one of the two would be done by the style system.
I actually don't mind too much if attraction flow were tied with the situation command. Drive form being locked to it would be a bit disappointing.
I'll sacrifice attraction flow to the situation command yea but than what about keyblade transformations,limits all situation commands as well?

raven777

I'll sacrifice attraction flow to the situation command yea but than what about keyblade transformations,limits all situation commands as well?

They could both fit in situation command. I would compare it to something like

Attraction flow (sort of one time special attack) = magic situation command in 0.2
Keyblade transformation (form change for certain time duration) = spellweaver situation command in 0.2

Nomura said situation command will be in KH3 so something other than magic would probably have it as well.

They could both fit in situation command. I would compare it to something like

Attraction flow (sort of one time special attack) = magic situation command in 0.2
Keyblade transformation (form change for certain time duration) = spellweaver situation command in 0.2

Nomura said situation command will be in KH3 so something other than magic would probably have it as well.
So limits will stay a manual thing, drives as well, keep the shotlocks on R1 and flowmotion on another button

Edit: Back cover:
Alright wait so the master of masters is a bad guy right

silva1991

So limits will stay a manual thing, drives as well, keep the shotlocks on R1 and flowmotion on another button

I'm fine with this.

Automata's combat is basically what happens if you take the original Nier's combat system and make it not mediocre as hell. I don't know why you're blaming lack of creativity for this when they're pretty much being faithful to the original. I assume they could easily be faithful to KH's if you're that worried about it, since I feel with Nier they proved they can be faithful to how another game's combat worked.

I played and fished the original in 2015 and played Automata's demo. they are nothing alike aside from the robot being basically the weiss of of it

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

raven777

Right now there are so many options for Sora so it's hard to exactly predict how each type of actions will be tied to which button/gauge.

The recent drive form images makes me feel that somehow drive forms could be tied to designated keyblades... so maybe it's related to keyblade transformation?

Kinda wondering if keyblade transformation will be the new "drive" and style changes.

Seems like each keyblade has its own thing now, and once u bust enough heads to build a meter u could trigger the transformation like a style's "finisher" and absolutely go to town.

Would love if true, gives more reason to use certain keys instead of being replaced one after another.

Man the final boss is crazy (playing on proud).

Just grinded from 58 up to 60 and I hope that'll be enough. Just need to spam blocks I guess.

wanders

Nier Automata is nothing like the original and just feels iterative of the standard P* formula which is now getting pretty stale

Anyone have any tips on getting the Reality Shift trophy for Symphony of Sorcery? Having a hard time getting it right so it will hit 4 enemies in one go...

Ugh, I really wish 1.5 + 2.5 had come to PS4 before this did. I picked it up today, because I wanted to get a copy of it, but I still haven't played Birth by Sleep, and it's been since it released on PS2 since I played KH2. Really wanted to go through them again before diving into what this game has to offer.

raven777

Nier Automata is nothing like the original and just feels iterative of the standard P* formula which is now getting pretty stale

I mean the combat feels very similar to MGR imo.... some motions seems almost identical. Not saying that's necessarily bad thing... but you do get that P* feel in the gameplay.

Right now there are so many options for Sora so it's hard to exactly predict how each type of actions will be tied to which button/gauge.

The recent drive form images makes me feel that somehow drive forms could be tied to designated keyblades... so maybe it's related to keyblade transformation?
You kno what youre right. They do seem to be tied to specific Keyblades forgot about those screenshots

xewind

During the first phase, don't waste your transformations. Once you get them wait until Mickey jumps on his back and gives you a unique one, it'll give you about 2-3 bars of free damage. You can get it in twice and pretty much blaze through the first phase for free. Tornado is just a lot of waiting around.

Thanks for the tips! Managed to finally beat it (after many many attempts)

Had a good time with it. Gameplay was great and the game looked awesome. So for me those are good indications as far KH3 is concern. I had some issues tho, did any one else cutscenes would suddenly stop for like 2 seconds and continue playing? Happened a few times.

Time to play DDD. The wait for KH3 is gonna be a long one... I really need it now lol.
Seeing Sora, Donald and Goody back together was truly nostalgic, I had a smile on my face the whole scene.

raven777

Thanks for the tips! Managed to finally beat it (after many many attempts)

Had a good time with it. Gameplay was great and the game looked awesome. So for me those are good indications as far KH3 is concern. I had some issues tho, did any one else cutscenes would suddenly stop for like 2 seconds and continue playing? Happened a few times.

I have seen a stream of Eng version with frame drop/stuttering in the cutscene.
I have JP version and I had 0 problems with cutscene on my new base PS4.

Anyone have any tips on getting the Reality Shift trophy for Symphony of Sorcery? Having a hard time getting it right so it will hit 4 enemies in one go...
I've found that going for that trophy in Link/Special portals is easier since the AI tends to be a bit more agressive there, and group up on you more often.

tr00per

Not reading the thread yet for fear of spoilers but I have to say that 60fps DDD is so weird to play. I had a similar sensation when I played the master chief collection

And I was wondering how they were going to get around the dual screens of the 3ds. Feels strange. I do wish it had 3D TV support :/

StoneFox

Just peeked at the trophy list for DDd. Dear god, it looks like a collectathon/grinding nightmare.

Was kinda hoping it would be an easy plat like FFXV :p

Not reading the thread yet for fear of spoilers but I have to say that 60fps DDD is so weird to play. I had a similar sensation when I played the master chief collection
It took a bit for me to get used to, but now, I have trouble going back to 1.5 and 2.5, since they just feel rough in comparison. I can't wait for the other PS4 collection.

I played a bit of DDD on 3DS today for kicks, and man does that game run like ass. Can't even hold 30fps most of the time.

Alright beat the boss on the next shot, Mickey did his job better that time.

Have to say, the combat and encounter design was phenomenal, and assured me that KH3 will be just as great as, if not better than, 1 and 2. Consider me hyped.

I've found that going for that trophy in Link/Special portals is easier since the AI tends to be a bit more agressive there, and group up on you more often.

The problem I have with that is those portals have enemies with high HP and Melody Catcher does very little damage. It also has a small radius so the enemies need to be practically touching each other to work. Add onto that, Sora needs to be facing the right direction for it to hit other enemies. This is the hardest one that I've done so far :/

Edit: FINALLY got it against Tama Sheeps. Man that was a bitch to do.

Ubernube

Go watch some of the dev streams for the game and you'll see just how wrong you are. The game has spells just like the original Nier. In fact, it's basically got all of them (slightly modified to accommodate the new setting), alongside new ones. The game has a hub area that branches off into dungeons, just like the original Nier. The game has side quests, just like the original. The only thing that's changed is that the combat system in regards to melee doesn't suck ass anymore. If you want proof, I think this'll serve as enough. https://youtu.be/IpH8S3o-w2Y Skip to the seven minute mark or so if you want to see spells.

Strings

Really surprised to see all the boss hate. They're all 100% doable without getting hit once WITHOUT abusing retarded shit like the invincibility frames on attacks/dodge in BBS.

The final devil wave in particular is fun as fuck to do this with, and has a ton of tells that folks are maybe missing? Not to mention the secret boss literally incorporates everything that made KH2FM fights awesome (revenge value, parries, etc).

Really surprised to see all the boss hate. They're all 100% doable without getting hit once WITHOUT abusing retarded shit like the invincibility frames on attacks/dodge in BBS.

The final devil wave in particular is fun as fuck to do this one, and has a ton of tells that folks are maybe missing?

How would you do the last one confidently without getting hit without it taking absolutely forever?

Holy crap, BackCover really brings everything together finally.

End of BackCover:
Guess we know who the real villain of the series is.

It's not Master Xehanort anymore?

Master Xehanort is Luxu's apprentice with No Name. That keyblade is meant to allow the Master of Masters to see the future.

Also earlier on it was said that the only way to bring the master back was to summon kingdom hearts, something Xehanort has been trying to do the whole series.

Strings

How would you do the last one confidently without getting hit without it taking absolutely forever?

Depends on what difficulty you're playing. Super easy on Proud or lower because you can chug ethers for magic or elixirs for focus attacks on the second phase if you don't want to be risky and go for 'blue' side attacks (only the orange/red bits of the boss ever damage you, so you can get a rhythm down and dodge + attack as it spins, but this is hard AF, and should be reserved for magic recharge).

On Critical, it straight up takes forever, but /shrug, it's meant to be challenging. The 3 item restriction forces you to rely on magic exclusively (outside of the 3-4 shotlocks you'll get) if you don't want to be risky. Depending on level/risk, you'll be forced to dodge at most 2 of the 'launched into sky, balls shooting up' attacks. It's a pain to learn this, but you can 100% dodge every single ball here.

And I mean, that's it. Getting the block timing on the cyclone charges isn't too bad at all. Phase 1 is a joke (you can negate the burrow attack by putting your back to the edge of the engage arena, at which point it'll prefer to cyclone charge you, which is much easier to block).

Top Bottom