• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Xadjim

Banned
Got the same. Also, the boss I was raging about in 0.2
wasn't the last boss. The last boss was free. The stupid tower one you fight in the beginning and then again before him drove me nuts.

Time to watch Chi. Gosh the main game was ugly. Am I supposed to be reading this first bit?

Dont think so. Enjoy the movie. I loved it :)

I'm still so confused... I never played a kingdom Hearts game but I want to now on ps4. Does buying this include everything I need to understand the game? If so, which one do I start with?

Sorry, the ot still confused me

I just did too, but I'm afraid it's going to be the standard edition.

I think we might be okay. I think what happened is the Limited Edition wasn't available and those that did get theirs shipped was because the regular edition was available and those were accidentally shipped instead. Now that most people seem to be getting their shipment, I expect these to really be the Limited Edition version.

I'm still so confused... I never played a kingdom Hearts game but I want to now on ps4. Does buying this include everything I need to understand the game? If so, which one do I start with?

I think you need 1.5 + 2.5 Remix first before 2.8 which is odd since 2.8 came out first in the rerelease schedule.

Nose Master

No, this would be the worst place to start. This DDD, a sequel to DDD/prequel to KH3, and a cellphone spinoff thing.

Wait for 1.5&2.5 in a few months. That's 1, 2, com, bbs, 356/2, etc.

Also: Chi / Backcover / Whatever movie is pretty good.

Prologue

You need 1.5 and 2.5 that comes out in march. 2.8 is the last few games before Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.

Wait until march.

Aizo

Banned
It's not just that boss fight (which is 100% the worst in the entire series), it's the entire battle system. It's air based, but has no defensive options when you're in the air. You can't guard. Your only option is to dash in a random direction and then wait 2 seconds to fall back down to the ground. And you're vulnerable the entire time you're falling. It was made entirely to be flashy without any thought put into it besides mashing X.
You can guard. It still leaves you completely vulnerable in the last boss.

Nose Master

You can guard. It still leaves you completely vulnerable in the last boss.

The last boss didn't give me that much trouble, only took 2 attempts @ l58 or so.
There's just a lot of waiting around for him to go yellow. Knowing about Mickey's QTE in the beginning part makes it go pretty quick. The freefalling for 45 seconds or whatever is the only annoying bit.

0.2 is easily the most fair and challenging entry in the series. Been pushing through Critical Mode and it's such a rush. Haven't felt so satisfied taking down a boss since KH2FM.

This bodes extremely well for KH3. Interesting puzzles, levels, and exhilarating combat.

I haven't reached the final boss on Critical yet though, I can't wait to get stomped. I only just got past
the first Darkside.

Afrocious

Is there really a secret boss for 0.2?

Also, I gotta say this game kinda increased my wariness for KH3. I knew the BBS team was working on it and it shows.

It's a 3 hour game (if even that) even if you take your time in some places (i wasted a number of minutes just looking at stupid stuff like the floor cause it had cool effects in places lol).

I hope nobody in the KH fanbase jumps the same train as some MGS fans did with Ground Zeroes trying to make it sound substantial. A lot of the value here rides on DDD and if you care about it or not.

How long is back cover?
1 hour or so.

so if i go for everything in it and play on Max diffcutly it would take me how long ?

I could see it taking 8 hours to 100% and complete the hardest mode. Critical Mode is pretty tough and I haven't even begun looking for all the chests or completing all the challenges.

A lot of your time will depend on how good you are at the combat. I'm getting my ass kicked so it's taking longer.

It's a 3 hour game (if even that) even if you take your time in some places (i wasted a number of minutes just looking at stupid stuff like the floor cause it had cool effects in places lol).

I hope nobody in the KH fanbase jumps the same train as some MGS fans did with Ground Zeroes trying to make it sound substantial.

Nah it's still 2 hours though I'll probably spend a disgusting amount of time screwing around with it.

shoot, even after finishing 0.2, i don't think we gained much
lore and story wise

We gained important insight on
why King Mickey doesn't have a shirt at the end of KH1

silva1991

Is there really a secret boss for 0.2?

Also, I gotta say this game kinda increased my wariness for KH3. I knew the BBS team was working on it and it shows.

I really hope 3 feels closer 2 than BBS(and 0.2)

I enjoyed the combat and the bosses, but they weren't up to KH2 or 1 standards.

I could see it taking 8 hours to 100% and complete the hardest mode. Critical Mode is pretty tough and I haven't even begun looking for all the chests or completing all the challenges.

A lot of your time will depend on how good you are at the combat. I'm getting my ass kicked so it's taking longer.

is there a New game + ?

jorgejjvr

So the back of the game says I need 30 gigs available . I deleted enough and have about 59 available, why does it still say I don't have space?

Edit: it took around 60 gigs for some reason

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Finished 0.2 AKA Ground Zeroes
Makes me really want Kingdom Hearts III. *looks ahead to 2018*

Started the
super phantom aqua
, and boy am I getting punished hard.

Managed to find a decent strategy to get through the first phase, but the second is just crazy - though I'm more or less watching myself get pummeled in awe than looking for openings.
Don't know if I should continue trying or give up and grind some more lvls or finish some other objectives. Does starting a new game carry over your lvl as well?

Also I got around to re watching the game play trailers for KH3, and I think playing 0.2 made me understand how the early mechanics will work.
Before I was worried that flow motion being brought back in the game would ruin the flow (hah) of the game, but I realised its actually toned down quite a bit compared to DDD.
You aren't flying or zipping from one end to another like in DDD but you're given more control in the way you use the environment to your advantage in combat.

Can't wait to see what a year of difference will do to KH3.

raven777

Started the
super phantom aqua
, and boy am I getting punished hard.

Managed to find a decent strategy to get through the first phase, but the second is just crazy - though I'm more or less watching myself get pummeled in awe than looking for openings.
Don't know if I should continue trying or give up and grind some more lvls or finish some other objectives. Does starting a new game carry over your lvl as well?

Also I got around to re watching the game play trailers for KH3, and I think playing 0.2 made me understand how the early mechanics will work.
Before I was worried that flow motion being brought back in the game would ruin the flow (hah) of the game, but I realised its actually toned down quite a bit compared to DDD.
You aren't flying or zipping from one end to another like in DDD but you're given more control in the way you use the environment to your advantage in combat.

Can't wait to see what a year of difference will do to KH3.

No the level doesn't carry over.

DNAbro

Just finished 0.2 on Normal. I actually really enjoyed the final boss fight at this difficulty. Visually is was such an awesome spectacle.

Ydelnae

I rather have a complete game made of Final Fantasy XV Chapter 13s than having to battle the final boss again on Proud.

I can not even imagine what this thing will be like in Critical.

Top Bottom