• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Given the Limited Edition seems to be sold out everywhere, and Best Buy's in store stock seems to imply they don't have any copies including the Standard Edition, I think something must have happened with the general shipment to Best Buy. The earliest the Standard Edition is being listed is on 2/2 in store. I want the Limited Edition though so I have no choice but to wait it out. Amazon is all out too for both the Standard and Limited Edition.

Some stores have definitely gotten the LE in stock, and a few people yesterday had their LE's shipped already.
One store in Orland said they had 50-60 available as my friend checked with them.
Another local store had 10, another 6.

Weird mix, but something definitely happened with their stock to cause all the email delay notices.

Wow, what the fuck at this boss

Demon Tide on Destiny Islands. I get into its second phase and it does this stupid move where it tosses you up in the air and keeps shooting stuff upwards

And I don't know what happened but some how my items got disabled. I know I had like 4 more HI Potions I could have used to heal but the menu wouldn't let me pick it

Ydelnae

I don't like that the menus aren't in real time in 0.2, it pops you to a background.

Also the way Aqua walks in the menu, plus the way her model is located in perspective and shading, makes her seem like she has a wiggling bulge. It's distracting but I still love her.

Man, I liked 0.2 well enough overall, but it made me very worried that the KH3 team can't design a good boss battle.

The last boss is the worst in KH history, or close to it. It's just bad and barely anything is actually safe. Like I said before it feels like a clusterfuck rather than an actually well designed battle.

The
Aqua Clone
boss fight is fun enough, but it's extremely easy to cheese too.

Nose Master

Man, I liked 0.2 well enough overall, but it made me very worried that the KH3 team can't design a good boss battle.

The last boss is the worst in KH history, or close to it. It's just bad and barely anything is actually safe. Like I said before it feels like a clusterfuck rather than an actually well designed battle.

The
Aqua Clone
boss fight is fun enough, but it's extremely easy to cheese too.

It's not just that boss fight (which is 100% the worst in the entire series), it's the entire battle system. It's air based, but has no defensive options when you're in the air. You can't guard. Your only option is to dash in a random direction and then wait 2 seconds to fall back down to the ground. And you're vulnerable the entire time you're falling. It was made entirely to be flashy without any thought put into it besides mashing X.

to be completely honest i feel like all these exclusive remasters is going to make the xbone version of kingdom hearts 3 sell a fraction of the amount that the Ps4 version will sell. they're making it seem like playstation is the place to get to know kingdom hearts.

FSLink

Banned
Man, I wanted to take some screenshots of Depths of Darkness but they disable that feature entirely

I don't know how much of this game they disable with streaming and screenshots. Seems like the entirety of the endgame. :/
They basically disable the Share button in the whole last area. If you backtrack to earlier areas you can stream and take screenshots again.

God I really really hate this trend from Japanese publishers to disable the Share button, even partially.

The Lamp

It's not just that boss fight (which is 100% the worst in the entire series), it's the entire battle system. It's air based, but has no defensive options when you're in the air. You can't guard. Your only option is to dash in a random direction and then wait 2 seconds to fall back down to the ground. And you're vulnerable the entire time you're falling. It was made entirely to be flashy without any thought put into it besides mashing X.

This makes me want to return my copy. I forgot I had ordered it and it came in from Amazon and I just don't have interest in playing an expensive demo and remake right now when there's other good new games I could play. I was thinking of keeping it for collections sake but... Hmm. This news doesn't help.

I assume the share feature restriction is because of Disney IP rules.

RPG

Best Buy split my deliveries between UPS and FedEx. All of them just got delivered, now just to find time to play them...

Berordn

to be completely honest i feel like all these exclusive remasters is going to make the xbone version of kingdom hearts 3 sell a fraction of the amount that the Ps4 version will sell. they're making it seem like playstation is the place to get to know kingdom hearts.

The Xbone version was always going to sell a fraction of the PS4 version, just look at FFXIII and FFXV. Market just isn't there.

The Xbone version was always going to sell a fraction of the PS4 version, just look at FFXIII and FFXV. Market just isn't there.
why bother even porting it to xbone then? if it's just about being a multiplatform game now then why are all the remasters still being kept exclusive? this is dooming the xbone version even more

Berordn

why bother even porting it to xbone then? if it's just about being a multiplatform game now then why are all the remasters still being kept exclusive? this is dooming the xbone version even more

Speculating on when the games were originally announced, it probably came from Square not wanting to put their eggs in one basket if the PS4 ended up stumbling out the gate like the PS3 did. We don't live in that timeline, so now it's just an obligation on their part because they announced it so long ago.

Psxphile

Best Buy sent me the standard edition instead of the limited edition :/

That sucks. :\ On the other hand, you can play it right now instead of waiting a few more days. I think the pin was really the only difference between the two versions, right? That and the not-really-that-great cardboard cover.

I just checked my Best Buy order again and it seems to be back to 'Preparing' and no longer back-ordered? Fingers crossed, mates.
EDIT: and refreshed and now it's back to Backordered. Harumph.

Kssio_Aug

2.5 in my opinion but I'm biased and can tolerate kh2 and Birth by sleep(2.5) way more than I can kh1 and chain of memories (1.5)

2.5 on the PS3 or 1.5+2.5 on the PS4. No contest.

2.5 by virtue of KH2 and BBS both being mainline games while 1.5 features KH1 and a supplementary title.

Ac combination of 2 and BBS is easily better than 1 and ReCoM, so 2.5 > 1.5 >>>> 2.8

That being said, just wait for the PS4 collection coming in March.

Thank you!!
I will for sure grab the 1.5 + 2.5 HD Collection!! =D

xRaizen

Okay I finished 0.2 last night and I just finished watching Back Cover.

Back Cover spoilers.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!

Zaverious

Yeah Osaka team has been doing this since Birth by Sleep. Can't maneuver your Aerial Recovery either. Preferred if it was still the team that did KH1/2 but that's been pretty much nonexistent for some years now.

Okay I finished 0.2 last night and I just finished watching Back Cover.

Back Cover spoilers.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!

If Master of Masters ends up being a villain in future games or whatever this is my theory based on nothing:

The box contains his heart. They will tie in DDD timetravel to this. The reason why he sents Luxu to his mission is that there is some certain event in the future (in KH4 or whatever, maybe even KH3) that he wants to be a part of. So he uses his eye to write the book so he knows what is the correct time to ''awaken''. Probably posessing a body in the present day akin to Xehanort.

Or some variation of that.

It was never gonna sell that well on X1 anyways. I'm still convinced Square would've made KH3 and FFXV exclusive if they'd known the console race would turn out the way it did.

Xadjim

Banned

But thats not true, you can guard in midair

xRaizen

If Master of Masters ends up being a villain in future games or whatever this is my theory based on nothing:

The box contains his heart. They will tie in DDD timetravel to this. The reason why he sents Luxu to his mission is that there is some certain event in the future (in KH4 or whatever, maybe even KH3) that he wants to be a part of. So he uses his eye to write the book so he knows what is the correct time to ''awaken''. Probably posessing a body in the present day akin to Xehanort.

Or some variation of that.

I'm thinking the same as well, the Master of Masters is waaaaay too weird to be just a good guy. He has some ulterior motive (NOT Kingdom Hearts, he seems to not care about it?) that he isn't telling anyone about.

Played and beat KH 1 and 2 back in the day and enjoyed them immensely. Am I good to go with this if I read the birth by sleep summary?

Probably. If you play DDD first it has sort of journal entries that fill the gaps too (and it is a sequel to KH2).

Edit: actually I just remembered that 0.2 has a story summary of BBS too.

Played and beat KH 1 and 2 back in the day and enjoyed them immensely. Am I good to go with this if I read the birth by sleep summary?

I think it would be best to wait and beat Birth by Sleep when 1.5 + 2.5 comes out on PS4 in March.
0.2 is essentially a direct sequel to BBS and is considered the prologue to KH3. Its very important to get to know the characters from BBS, just reading about it won't do it justice, in my opinion.

Nose Master

so the game gives you ps4 themes when you beat a game

then it takes you to a store page where it's 2.99

Got the same. Also, the boss I was raging about in 0.2
wasn't the last boss. The last boss was free. The stupid tower one you fight in the beginning and then again before him drove me nuts.

Time to watch Chi. Gosh the main game was ugly. Am I supposed to be reading this first bit?

Top Bottom