• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

DKHF

Finished 0.2 in just over 3 hours, didn't die at all but played on standard so that's not much of an accomplishment.

Kssio_Aug

Wich of the collections is the one that holds the biggest value? (in terms of quality and gaming time)

KH 1.5, 2.5 or this 2.8?

silva1991

Finished it in 5 hours on proud. Last boss took me a while.

As a prologue I thought it was amazing.

Oh and Sora's model is just perfection. I will be disappointed if they don't use it in KH3.

Ye it's only difficult cause aqua is clunky as fuck and dat lovely zoomed in camera.

Yeah her movement didn't help at all. Didn't mind the camera tho.

Wich of the collections is the one that holds the biggest value? (in terms of quality and gaming time)

KH 1.5, 2.5 or this 2.8?

Ac combination of 2 and BBS is easily better than 1 and ReCoM, so 2.5 > 1.5 >>>> 2.8

That being said, just wait for the PS4 collection coming in March.

Secret boss is legit, can tell each phase will be a pain to learn.

Secret boss? tell me more.

Silva
you can now go collect some chests in the world and unlock a secret boss rush mode , with boss variants + kingdom hearts level secret boss
The stutter in secret boss fight is real though on base ps4

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Haven't played a KH game before, is this safe to start with? Or should I wait on the other collection coming out?

Ydelnae

Haven't played a KH game before, is this safe to start with? Or should I wait on the other collection coming out?

This is the worst collection to start with. Wait until March and start with that collection in release order and then play this one.

Did anyone else get an email from best buy saying that their order was delayed until like the end of February...?

Why the hell did I get an email from Best Buy delaying this for a month??!??

I got the same email. Trying to figure out why, as well.

Yep, same here. I'm actually kind of glad it seems to be common rather than unique to me. Oddly enough, they charged my credit card yesterday so I thought they were packing it. I bet this is just a slight delay and won't be as long as the e-mail said. I wouldn't be surprised if it just ships out today. Since it's the limited edition, I'll just be glad it ships.

LAA

Anyone done the ice breaker objective for freezing 5 heartless and smashing them?
I've thought I've done it multiple times but evidently not. How have people got this?

raven777

Anyone done the ice breaker objective for freezing 5 heartless and smashing them?
I've thought I've done it multiple times but evidently not. How have people got this?

There is a good spot to do it.
In the forest stage between 2nd and final darkside battle, after you go through the vine skating section there is a forced battle with like 5 neo shadows and 2 water core shadows. At the very beginning of fight use blizzaga and freeze 5 enemies, and use thundaga right away. If you fail to freeze 5 enemies at once with the blizzaga, just die and retry the battle it starts right from that battle.

Okay, for those with Best Buy orders, it looks like a lot of people are in this situation. It also seems like the Standard Edition's page is in some weird transition too so there's something going on with this title. The good news is, the 2/23 date is likely just a default place holder that is triggered automatically when something isn't shipped when it's scheduled to. I saw someone else report their Resident Evil 7 didn't ship out yesterday and this morning they got a delay until 2/23 and then a few hours later it shipped. Hopefully that means we can just ignore the 2/23 emails and they'll likely ship it today.

Psxphile

I was looking forward to playing this tonight, but BBY sent an e-mail stating that shipment has been pushed back to 2/23. I'd cancel it and pick it up in store tonight if I hadn't used the $25 off $100 Visa Checkout coupon.

Best Buy sent me a delayed to 02/23 email. Lame

Did anyone else get an email from best buy saying that their order was delayed until like the end of February...?

Why the hell did I get an email from Best Buy delaying this for a month??!??

I got the same email. Trying to figure out why, as well.
Fuck, I got hit by this too. Maybe we can change it to pick up in-store or something? Seeing as how I've already been charged for my order...

Okay, for those with Best Buy orders, it looks like a lot of people are in this situation. It also seems like the Standard Edition's page is in some weird transition too so there's something going on with this title. The good news is, the 2/23 date is likely just a default place holder that is triggered automatically when something isn't shipped when it's scheduled to. I saw someone else report their Resident Evil 7 didn't ship out yesterday and this morning they got a delay until 2/23 and then a few hours later it shipped. Hopefully that means we can just ignore the 2/23 emails and they'll likely ship it today.

I thought maybe that could be it, but I don't know if I want to wait a few days to see if my order comes through.

Doesn't explained why something like this would happen. Did they drop a container full of copies as they were moving them over to shipping department?

Fuck, I got hit by this too. Maybe we can change it to pick up in-store or something? Seeing as how I've already been charged for my order...

I thought maybe that could be it, but I don't know if I want to wait a few days to see if my order comes through.

Doesn't explained why something like this would happen. Did they drop a container full of copies as they were moving them over to shipping department?

Given the Limited Edition seems to be sold out everywhere, and Best Buy's in store stock seems to imply they don't have any copies including the Standard Edition, I think something must have happened with the general shipment to Best Buy. The earliest the Standard Edition is being listed is on 2/2 in store. I want the Limited Edition though so I have no choice but to wait it out. Amazon is all out too for both the Standard and Limited Edition.

DJChuy

Sucks to hear some got their orders delayed from Best Buy. Fortunately mine had my copy ready for pick-up. Can't wait for work to be over.

Nose Master

The fuck @ the first boss. You literally can't stay on the ground unless you take 1-2 hit potshots, and you can't dodge (outside of "WHEEE THIS DIRECTION") when you're in the air. So the entire fight is just spamming cartwheel and waiting for the R1 move to charge while taking a potshot here and there. Really bad. Easy enough, but it feels like shit.

Also, man the models in this are hideous. It's like they just didn't texture them.

What the fuck is wrong with the final boss of 0.2?

This is just an absolute clusterfuck. You get stunlocked constantly AND it randomly breaks the rule that you're not suppose to be able to be killed by combos if you start getting hit at above 1 HP.

Am I missing something? This seems completely un-skillbased and terribly designed.

Phatcorns

If anyone needs a copy of the limited edition, I should have a second one come Friday that I can send to you at cost plus shipping. My Best Buy order is ready for pickup at home, but I'm out of town right now and picked up one at Gamestop because I couldn't wait and have access to a ps4 haha.

I'll be back home on Friday, so shoot me a PM. Happy to help out fellow KH fans and atone for my past of scalping haha

Alucrid

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with the final boss of 0.2?

This is just an absolute clusterfuck. You get stunlocked constantly AND it randomly breaks the rule that you're not suppose to be able to be killed by combos if you start getting hit at above 1 HP.

Am I missing something? This seems completely un-skillbased and terribly designed.

no it seemed pretty bad.

also for any kingdom hearts experts, what are the chances of aqua being in KH3?

The fuck @ the first boss. You literally can't stay on the ground unless you take 1-2 hit potshots, and you can't dodge (outside of "WHEEE THIS DIRECTION") when you're in the air. So the entire fight is just spamming cartwheel and waiting for the R1 move to charge while taking a potshot here and there. Really bad. Easy enough, but it feels like shit.

Also, man the models in this are hideous. It's like they just didn't texture them.
Yeah, disappointing, but not surprising at all. Osaka Team carrying over their terrible boss design from BBS: everything revolves around spamming cartwheel and just taking the occasional shot here and there only to resume cartwheeling for another minute or two. If this is really more of what we have to look forward to in KH3, hype is quickly deflating for it. :/ Sure, the fights might LOOK awesome, but they're just not fun to play and always turn into the same strategy on repeat no matter how different they look.

no it seemed pretty bad.

also for any kingdom hearts experts, what are the chances of aqua being in KH3?
Almost certain, since the plot of KH3 is about all the good guys coming together to fight off all the bad guys. Whether she'll actually be playable or not is a different story, but she will definitely be there.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, disappointing, but not surprising at all. Osaka Team carrying over their terrible boss design from BBS: everything revolves around spamming cartwheel and just taking the occasional shot here and there only to resume cartwheeling for another minute or two. If this is really more of what we have to look forward to in KH3, hype is quickly deflating for it. :/ Sure, the fights might LOOK awesome, but they're just not fun to play and always turn into the same strategy on repeat no matter how different they look.

Almost certain, since the plot of KH3 is about all the good guys coming together to fight off all the bad guys. Whether she'll actually be playable or not is a different story, but she will definitely be there.

ah okay, thanks. didn't realize that 3 was going to be the culmination of the series. or seems to be at least.

Berordn

ah okay, thanks. didn't realize that 3 was going to be the culmination of the series. or seems to be at least.

It won't be the end of the series (Back Cover and Unchained Chi are setting up more of the universe, supposedly), but it'll be the end of the current Xehanort arc.

no it seemed pretty bad.

Like, for real, I'm sitting here in awe of how completely terrible this boss fight is. I seriously can't believe how busted it feels.

I've done level 1 runs on critical in past KH games, I have a pretty good sense of what I'm doing...this is just astonishing.

Man, I wanted to take some screenshots of Depths of Darkness but they disable that feature entirely

I don't know how much of this game they disable with streaming and screenshots. Seems like the entirety of the endgame. :/

Nose Master

Well, at least the janky stunlock goes both ways. If you don't finish a combo, you can just stunlock anything human sized. You can kill
Dark Aqua
in one "combo" by just delaying it final fight style and not doing the last hit, then starting again.

Top Bottom