• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Meowster

Just fought Riku a bunch of times and stockpiled on potions. This game has such a nostalgia chokehold on me. Ugh. I can remember playing this Christmas Day with my sister when we first got a PS2. So many memorieeeeees.

Slaythe

Just fought Riku a bunch of times and stockpiled on potions. This game has such a nostalgia chokehold on me. Ugh. I can remember playing this Christmas Day with my sister when we first got a PS2. So many memorieeeeees.

I bet you do.

image.php

So the age old question folks. Sword,Shield, or Staff? I think I remember doing the sword as a kid, but I never really knew why it mattered honestly lol.

Gonna live stream at least an hour a day of this series till I get through them all, starting tonight. Have only played KH1,2, and parts of Chain of Memories so this should be fun I think!

Slaythe

Did the title change? I remember it was something about stuttering.

The stutters are an indirect results of some install issue that isn't from the port itself and affects a minority of people ( can fix it by reinstalling the game apparently).

So the stutter title didn't make sense any longer.

Rizzi

Alright, finally finished downloading all 50GB of the game.
I made some decisions in the intro to KH1 I guess. No idea what they meant, but hey.

My copy should arrive tomorrow. Whìch is great because I have wrapped up Dark Souls 3...but P5 next week...some of the shots look great and I can't wait to dive back in.

sensui-tomo

Alright, finally finished downloading all 50GB of the game.
I made some decisions in the intro to KH1 I guess. No idea what they meant, but hey.

the weapons choice determines which skills you get first when leveling up, second string of options determine your rate for exp gain.

Slaythe

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of BBS, but holy shit at this ps4 version.

It feels like they sped up the game, even Terra is fast now. Super smooth, and instant styles + dlinks are changing everything in terms of pacing.

I will fight anyone that badmouths KH1 Atlantica outside of the controls, which are definitely ass

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of BBS, but holy shit at this ps4 version.

It feels like they sped up the game, even Terra is fast now. Super smooth, and instant styles + dlinks are changing everything in terms of pacing.

Heh, never thought I'd see you being so positive about BBS. Nice to see that the game is finally free of hardware constraints. Maaaan, Friday can't come soon enough.

-Horizon-

First time playing. Playing through 1 right now.

Am I supposed to fight the people on the island like riku and whatnot?

I tried fighting him but he just kept going? Everyone else I managed to beat once.

Chase17

I tried fighting him but he just kept going? Everyone else I managed to beat once.
If you talk to Kairi and get what she asks for it will advance the game. I think you can beat Riku but I lost once to him and moved on.

Slaythe

I will fight anyone that badmouths KH1 Atlantica outside of the controls, which are definitely ass

Heh, never thought I'd see you being so positive about BBS. Nice to see that the game is finally free of hardware constraints. Maaaan, Friday can't come soon enough.

Well the battle design is still "bad" (at least, with 0.2's patch, they proved they learned about kh2's legacy so that's good), but they deliberately sped up the game. Commands, input lag etc... It's pretty insane.

No it's just there to help you get used to the combat !

-Horizon-

If you talk to Kairi and get what she asks for it will advance the game. I think you can beat Riku but I lost once to him and moved on.

Well the battle design is still "bad" (at least, with 0.2's patch, they proved they learned about kh2's legacy so that's good), but they deliberately sped up the game. Commands, input lag etc... It's pretty insane.

No it's just there to help you get used to the combat !

ok that's good to know. I tried fighting riku again but lost. Then I kept talking to everyone and somehow wound up in a 3 v 1 fight. Got spammed to death >.<

Azuran

Banned
ok that's good to know. I tried fighting riku again but lost. Then I kept talking to everyone and somehow wound up in a 3 v 1 fight. Got spammed to death >.<

Foreshadowing of what's to come. Better get use to seeing Sora losing to Riku. It's one of the few constants in this series.

They even made an entire game about that!

Meowster

Riku is really easy when you figure out his fake attack happens every fourth hit. Aside from when he's close to being beat. The three kids is a much harder fight imho.

Fj0823

Foreshadowing of what's to come. Better get use to seeing Sora losing to Riku. It's one of the few constants in this series.

They even made an entire same about that!

Riku deserved that W for
carrying the plot himself and going through all the shit while Sora is having his fun little adventures

Azuran

Banned
Riku deserved that W for
carrying the plot himself and going through all the shit while Sora is having his fun little adventures

Not only that but Riku has also
defeated Roxas, Xion, and Ventus (his corrupted armor counts!). Riku has Sora's number no matter what.

Riku is the best.

JC Lately

Sora's mother!

I'm going to need some resolution on this plot point in KH3. Does he ever show up for dinner?

She has it the worst in this series

So imagine you’re Sora’s mom. You’re making dinner. Outside, a storm is whipping up. You’re not worried though. You grew up on this island. Can’t lose your shit everytime a Cat 1 knocks on your door. You call your son to dinner. He doesn’t answer. You go up to his room.

He’s not there. His window is open. You go over to it and look out. His rowboat is gone. Did he take it to that silly island club house he and his friends are always wasting their time on? In this weather?!

Now you’re pissed and worried. What do you do? Go after him? Call for help? Wait out the storm and hope he turns up ok?

I’m sorry, all those answers are wrong. What you actually do is die as your whole world is erased form existence because some asshole opened a door.

But good news! It was only a slight case of death! And unknown amount of time later, you open your eyes, alive and well! Only your son is still missing. So is his best friend. And that Kairi girl whom you’ve never liked anyway isn’t making any sense when you ask her where your son is. What’s a mom to do?

Wait, are you a mom? That doesn’t sound right. You don’t remember having any kids. But there is a kid’s room in your house. How odd. Maybe you should ask around. Hmm, everyone in town says the same thing. They don’t remember seeing you with any children. So you shrug and move on with your life for a year

Then one day you wake up and can remember Sora again. And feel like the biggiest piece of shit ever because you forgot about the existence of your only son for a year. And just when you get used to this revelation, in walks your long lost son, holding hands with Kairi, goofy smile on his face saying “Hi, mom! I’m back.”

Somehow, you just know this is all Kairi’s fault.

Meowster

Mandy Moore's Aerith is so much better than that clown performance in Kingdom Hearts II. I like Leon's voice actor better in this one too but I don't mind the change too much.

JC Lately

Mandy Moore's Aerith is so much better than that clown performance in Kingdom Hearts II. I like Leon's voice actor better in this one too but I don't mind the change too much.

Whats's Mandy up to this days? I can't imagine she's busy. Get her on the mike as Aerith in the English Dub of FF VIIR or no sale.

EDIT: Just googled her. Turns out she's got a pretty good career going now. Good for her. Bad for FF VIIR

Meowster

Whats’s Mandy up to this days? I can’t imagine she’s busy. Get her on the mike as Aerith in the English Dub of FF VIIR or no sale.
She's a Golden Globe nominated actress on a hit network show... don't see her coming back unfortunately. She was great!

Slaythe

Billy Zane and David Boreanaz were both amazing.

The shitty imitations they got in II were a far cry :( .

Top Bottom