• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

I just want these games to come out on Xbox
16124016_206417793096755_3750072792385585152_a.jpg

I would play nonstop to get all of the achievements in these games

Should have gotten a PS4 to begin with if you wanted to play any Japanese games at all.

Wow I had completely forgotten that I preordered this on Amazon. It came at a bad time since I just started Horizon, but I can't wait to replay KH1. That was one of my favorite ps2 games ever. Have we heard anything about Kingdom Hearts 3?

All I know is that I make absolute sure that I win the contest to name the boat/ship.

Screw you Riku and your Highwind fetish the ship is named Harvey okay and I don't even care about the paupau fruit with Kairi she doesn't even like you like that anyway!

I forgot I bought this game from best buy during the $25 promos and received it today, loving it so far. Never really played a Kingdom Hearts game (maybe watched friends in college or something) and I love this quirky anime style mixed with Disney items. Just those beautiful floors with Disney princesses at the start was fantastic to walk around on, especially having recently seen Beauty and the Beast.

Subbed to thread, this is really an insane amount of content for the $25 I paid. Graphics look great so far, while obviously some of the land textures are pretty rough the faces and key areas look great so far. No problems so far on a PS4 Pro. I knew I was in for something different when the first five minutes of the game after I press new game is the weirdest techno house song playing while I watch kids do drugs or something.

I really should be playing through my backlog of WD2 and Mafia 3 but so far I am loving this, its a nice refreshing change of pace after stuff like Horizon Zero Dawn, Titanfall 2, Dishonored 2, etc.

Fj0823

I forgot I bought this game from best buy during the $25 promos and received it today, loving it so far. Never really played a Kingdom Hearts game (maybe watched friends in college or something) and I love this quirky anime style mixed with Disney items. Just those beautiful floors with Disney princesses at the start was fantastic to walk around on, especially having recently seen Beauty and the Beast.

Subbed to thread, this is really an insane amount of content for the $25 I paid. Graphics look great so far, while obviously some of the land textures are pretty rough the faces and key areas look great so far.

I really should be playing through my backlog of WD2 and Mafia 3 but so far I am loving this, its a nice refreshing change of pace after stuff like Horizon Zero Dawn, Titanfall 2, Dishonored 2, etc.

Glad you're liking it!

If you're interested in the story, play the games in release order (descending order)

Non numbered titles have more gimmicky gameplay (particularly Chain of Memories where you must use a deck of cards to attack or use magic/summmons)

Slaythe

Will definitely not recommend it on a first play-through at least. The lack of certain key survival skills and bosses potentially one-shotting you ends up becoming more of an annoyance than a fun time.

But definitely critical. It's the only way anyone should ever play KH2.

Man, critical with no experience on sounds like complete hell for someone that's just starting the game.

That would be a fun thing to watch thought.

I had beaten kh2 vanilla.

But I played kh2fm lv1 blind directly.

It took me ages. But I rarely found a game that satisfying and rewarding.

Hell I forgot almost everything, doing it now and getting my ass kicked. Love it :p .

Anoxida

Got about 3 hours in yesterday. I enjoy it but the controls/camera is straight up bad and encounter rate feels very high. Every few steps and new shadows spawn. Mixed feelings here.

Slaythe

Got about 3 hours in yesterday. I enjoy it but the controls/camera is straight up bad and encounter rate feels very high. Every few steps and new shadows spawn. Mixed feelings here.

Not every fight is mandatory. You can try running past them.

If you really dislike it, you can try watching the story on YouTube, then try out kh2. I wouldn't say kh2 has less combat but you have so much more abilities in movement and combat ( after some lv gained :p ) that it shouldn't feel as aggravating outside of a few sequences. Camera and controls are really good in 2.

Anoxida

Not every fight is mandatory. You can try running past them.

If you really dislike it, you can try watching the story on YouTube, then try out kh2. I wouldn't say kh2 has less combat but you have so much more abilities in movement and combat ( after some lv gained :p ) that it shouldn't feel as aggravating outside of a few sequences. Camera and controls are really good in 2.

I know the problem with that is I like to explore without getting interrupted all thr time. It's fine though I can live with it. I'll keep playing it has a lot of charm.even though some.parts are rough by todays standard.

KyleCross

I'm not getting any trophies from 358/2. Not only did the ps4 not put the trophy list on my profile upon launching it I have now completed Days, being congratulated and being given the theme, and didn't get a single trophy. I even restarted and sat through the entire thing again (tho not watching it) and still nothing.

Did they remove the trophies and they're exclusive to ps3?

I'm not getting any trophies from 358/2. Not only did the ps4 not put the trophy list on my profile upon launching it I have now completed Days, being congratulated and being given the theme, and didn't get a single trophy. I even restarted and sat through the entire thing again (tho not watching it) and still nothing.

They removed them.

I know the problem with that is I like to explore without getting interrupted all thr time. It's fine though I can live with it. I'll keep playing it has a lot of charm.even though some.parts are rough by todays standard.

Could be worse, at least the combat is better than Witcher 3!

Vashetti

Banned

358/2 and Re:Coded don't have trophies on PS4. The movie in 2.8 doesn't have trophies either.

Schneider

Is proud mode achieveable for someone who's never touched the series seriously? Apart from an hour or two as a kid on ps2, never took much interest until now because didn't have a ps3
Want to enjoy the game and be challenged (as well as get trophies) but don't want to take hours if it's seriously challenging to a frustrating degree and give up on the series :(

Is proud mode achieveable for someone who's never touched the series seriously? Apart from an hour or two as a kid on ps2, never took much interest until now because didn't have a ps3
Want to enjoy the game and be challenged (as well as get trophies) but don't want to take hours if it's seriously challenging to a frustrating degree and give up on the series :(

Do you play vidyagames? If so, then yes. It's not insanely hard.

Just keep in mind: the difficulty curve is kinda weird in KH1, early game is hardest part because you don't have cure spell and very limited inventory space. That said even a few levels can make a big difference and grinding is relatively fast in KH.

If you are still worried but want to play on Proud, you might want to pick Shield as your main weapon at the start to get defensive abilities fastest. Also at the beginning you are asked a few questions. You can pick the first option on every question to make you level up faster at early levels (when the game is hardest and you might decide to grind a few levels) but it makes late game leveling slower, which is not a problem if you just want to just get trough the story and not get to max level for post game.

Slaythe

Definitely.

Proud in kh1 will be just that. The ending will be harder Than the rest though...

In kh2, proud is okay. It's hard to go back after enjoying critical, but I understand this isn't for people who just want fun. If anything, know that if you enjoyed proud and want more out of the combat and challenges, critical and then lv1 critical are options. :)

Vashetti

Banned
Do you play vidyagames? If so, then yes. It's not insanely hard.

Just keep in mind: the difficulty curve is kinda weird in KH1, early game is hardest part because you don't have cure spell and very limited inventory space. That said even a few levels can make a big difference and grinding is relatively fast in KH.

I lost so many hours in KH1 back in the day in Deep Jungle. Clayton's boss fight was brutal without cure.

Coming back to KH1 after not playing it since release. I cannot believe that they went through all of development and decided "Oh yeah Wonderland is totally a great first level and not confusing whatsoever!"

Coming back to KH1 after not playing it since release. I cannot believe that they went through all of development and decided "Oh yeah Wonderland is totally a great first level and not confusing whatsoever!"

psh Wonderland is easy, deep jungle? now theirs a level that should be as long as it is

I lost so many hours in KH1 back in the day in Deep Jungle. Clayton's boss fight was brutal without cure.

gotta much sure to turn tarzan into a cure machine, even if it's not the most reliable

Vashetti

Banned
Wonderland has more tought put into interesting level design and secrets than all of KH2 combined ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The storyline is such a troll though, find all four clues and the Queen still ignores you.

And it's kinda dark that Alice isn't found, so there's no real conclusion to the area.

Hostile_18

Banned
Looking to get this as I've never played a single entry.

Is the combat turn based or real time?

Similar in structure to a Final Fantasy game?

Slaythe

Looking to get this as I've never played a single entry.

Is the combat turn based or real time?

Similar in structure to a Final Fantasy game?

The first game is a simple action rpg with platforming, the second game has an extremely deep combat system with focus on mobility and combos.

aravuus

Was gonna wait until I was done with P5, but I might play KH1 over the weekend. Definitely gonna play the first world or two, at least, I want to see it in 60fps.

Top Bottom