• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Slaythe

So it goes without saying that it needs to be tested more but on the good news the stuttering as a whole was lessened severely when I was not streaming.
The only stutter I was able to reproduce was the one I linked in my last post outside of that i did not run into the opening chest stutter at all. Though keep in mind i only redid the start of hollow bastion twice.

When is that cutscene again exactly ? I'm gonna check on mine.

When is that cutscene again exactly ? I'm gonna check on mine.

On the the first visit to hollow bastion right after you fight along side Leon and unlock the keyhole that lets you travle to more worlds it starts playing so you would need a save before you have to protect the gate to see it play.

Slaythe

On the the first visit to hollow bastion right after you fight along side Leon and unlock the keyhole that lets you travle to more worlds it starts playing so you would need a save before you have to protect the gate to see it play.

Ok so I got there.

1) The first transition didn't look that good because I was "waiting for it", that being said, it didn't stutter like yours. The ghosting that we see is actually in the game, it's not caused by your stutter, your stutter just freezes the frame on it.

2) Xigbar's finger transition was instant on mine and didn't stutter like yours.

Try that, power off ps4 for 5 min to make sure it cools down. Reboot, launch Kh, no stream, no download, replay that part/cutscene.

We're gonna try one by one until we see what's the cause .

Ok so I got there.

1) The first transition didn't look that good because I was "waiting for it", that being said, it didn't stutter like yours. The ghosting that we see is actually in the game, it's not caused by your stutter, your stutter just freezes the frame on it.

2) Xigbar's finger transition was instant on mine and didn't stutter like yours.

Try that, power off ps4 for 5 min to make sure it cools down. Reboot, launch Kh, no stream, no download, replay that part/cutscene.

We're gonna try one by one until we see what's the cause .

Going to be about an hour before i can test it again but i will be sure to post back in the thread when i do.

Slaythe

Going to be about an hour before i can test it again but i will be sure to post back in the thread when i do.

So the other guy on reg ps4 said he wasn't streaming. But he also has one of the worst experience, with limits and drive also lag pausing.

At this point there are not many solutions left.

The only one we can verify is "faulty install". Which would demand a redownload/ reinstall of the game I guess. Maybe some corrupted DL/patch data, I don't know...

The fact that it either works 100% or is shit means it's not just "poor porting". It's basically something they couldn't even see since the majority doesn't run into the problem.

You said you noticed improvements when you stopped streaming, had you changed anything anywhere besides stopping your stream ?

edit :

might as well ask, where are you from and what language does your ps4 and game use ?

Yeah, i aso play on a Pro and haven't noticed any problems playing KHFM2.
It's definitely the best version of the game yet.

One question though.Do you guys have boost mode enabled on the Pro?Does it help in any way?

desmax

Yeah, i aso play on a Pro and haven't noticed any problems playing KHFM2.
It's definitely the best version of the game yet.

One question though.Do you guys have boost mode enabled on the Pro?Does it help in any way?

Game is already optimized for Pro, so Boost doesn't have an effect

Has anyone done any pixel counting to confirm that this actually runs at 4k and isn't upscaled on a Pro?
Sorry if this has already been answered, but are we talking a native 2160p on the Pro, or is Squeenix just saying this?
I have not been able to find any 4K screenshots definitely from retail to count, so I don't believe there's independent confirmation. That said, Dream Drop Distance from II.8 definitely was native 4K, so it's not implausible this collection mostly is too.

Sorry, I asked earlier but wasn't able to get an answer- is there a reason that KH runs slightly windowboxed?
It's possible Slaythe may not have their "display area" settings on PS4 all the way out to the screen edges. I don't know if we've seen any screenshots from other users to compare.

Boost Mode will not have any effect if a game already has official Pro support, like this collection does.

Source [for no downsampling]?
I believe it's an assumption, based on II.8 not having downsampling. I will say that Slaythe's shots (Pro forced to 1080p) have AA of some sort, which could indicate SSAA from downsampling. But it could also just be AA, and I can't say for sure unless we can get some shots from standard PS4 to compare.

aett

Preordered this a few days ago, but I came home to see that it didn't download. Had to go into the store and manually select "download". Ah well, I'll play it later tonight.

Azuran

Banned
Critical.

Try to enable exp 0, it will seem extremely hard at first, but it's extremely satisfying when you're able to beat down enemies after learning what they can do :) .

Man, critical with no experience on sounds like complete hell for someone that's just starting the game.

That would be a fun thing to watch thought.

My copy came in from Best Buy in this condition. Yup, gotta go return it at the store and get another copy now....

0oR3rHjl.jpg

jrcbandit

I had cancelled my pre-order, but re-ordered it today after reading the good news. Will be here on Thursday. I've never played KH2 or BBS for more than 1 hour so I have allot of gaming to do. And I might want to replay KH1 for the 3rd time to start off with, although technically I never have finished KH1, hah. I always get like 90% of the way through it and stop for some reason.

Critical.

Try to enable exp 0, it will seem extremely hard at first, but it's extremely satisfying when you're able to beat down enemies after learning what they can do :) .

Will definitely not recommend it on a first play-through at least. The lack of certain key survival skills and bosses potentially one-shotting you ends up becoming more of an annoyance than a fun time.

But definitely critical. It's the only way anyone should ever play KH2.

Burbeting

Banned
On KH2 critical you get less HP, but you also deal more damage than in Proud mode, and get more useful abilities from the start. So it's basically the Glass Cannon mode.

In BBS critical you also deal lot less damage compared to proud, so it becomes lot less fun.

JTripper

Put 358/2 on today just to see if it unlocked anything, since there aren't any trophies for it or Re:Coded.

Can confirm that completing each entry unlocks a new PS4 theme for each with the KH menu keytones. Default PS4 background music though.

Still doing the beginning with Roxas

Wow, forgot how much long this game takes to start
Not bashing you or anything but I look at the Prologue a whole lot differently after going through 358/2 Days and seeing everything before hand. I feel even more sorry for Roxas.

It does take a long time though.

Does that count as a spoiler? Should I cover it?

Alright so going to platinum 1 and 2 first up is 1 and first run I'm doing a beginner difficulty, no changing equipment, no continuing, and beating the game in under 15 hours. After doing that I'll be doing a majority of the other achievements on that file and then doing a run on proud to finish up.

Should be pretty easy overall, I almost platinumed KH1 on PS3 but I couldn't take running through the game 3 separate times. KH2 I did platinum though all on one save on critical and its one of my favorite experiences, will certainly do so again.

Oh and the Orchestra version of Hikari is still the single best song in gaming ever.
You actually did everything on Critical mode for KH2? I couldn't do it. The data bosses and lingering will teared me a new one.

I feel like a lot of the post game bosses are easier on Critical than Proud because of the Critical Mode damage boost. I can damn near no damage Lingering Will on Critical Mode, but I'm more prone to screwing up on Proud simply because the fight takes longer.

Screw Data Vexen, though. That shit is a nightmare on any difficulty.

You actually did everything on Critical mode for KH2? I couldn't do it. The data bosses and lingering will teared me a new one.

Yep, Lingering will took me around 100ish tries but got it eventually, its attack pattern is now burned into the very fiber of my being. Hands down my favorite boss fight of any game ever and its so well designed and is absolutely fair unlike other bosses in the later games such as BBS where it never feels fair just requires you breaking the game in order to actually be able to fight on even terms (which I'm not a fan of).

RyanW

I just want these games to come out on Xbox
16124016_206417793096755_3750072792385585152_a.jpg

I would play nonstop to get all of the achievements in these games

jorgejjvr

Not bashing you or anything but I look at the Prologue a whole lot differently after going through 358/2 Days and seeing everything before hand. I feel even more sorry for Roxas.

It does take a long time though.

Does that count as a spoiler? Should I cover it?
I've played them all no worries. I'm aware and yes it is sad. I didn't just watch the 358 cutscenes, I played the game on ds. Haven't played kh2 in about 7 years tho, so I've forgotten the slow start that's all

Tagg9

I have not been able to find any 4K screenshots definitely from retail to count, so I don't believe there's independent confirmation. That said, Dream Drop Distance from II.8 definitely was native 4K, so it's not implausible this collection mostly is too.

My copy is on the way. If Digital Foundry doesn't do an analysis soon, I'll post some 4K uncompressed screenshots.

I've played them all no worries. I'm aware and yes it is sad. I didn't just watch the 358 cutscenes, I played the game on ds. Haven't played kh2 in about 7 years tho, so I've forgotten the slow start that's all
Oh I'm so sorry it wasn't meant to remind you or disagree with you! It was just me thinking about it cause you mentioned the Prologue Haha!

I'm sorry I probably shouldn't have quoted you cause now it just caused confusion.

Can't wait for some kind of drought in this insane year to play these again :/
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm getting my copy Friday, but I still need to beat Gravity Rush, Yakuza, and NieR before diving in. And I haven't even bought Horizon or Resident Evil yet.

What a fantastic year for gaming so far.

Does anyone know what happened to the kh2.co.uk site? Used to go to that a lot back in the day when I was a huge super KH fan but it doesn't look like it's up anymore.

Also, can't wait to play this game.
Damn, that site brings back memories. Used to be on it every day trying to find new info on kh2.

Top Bottom