• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

No chains on this one like the previous, and KH2 Sora's face is a little off. It's got two pins for support.

C8Bn62VWsAM0zwI.jpg

C8BtzcdW0AA6KvM.jpg

C8Btx4UX0AISssL.jpg

Damn... I still want it though. Gotta have all the official KH trading pins.

I thought Nomura is super strict on how Sora is depicted on any official merchandise? I guess this slipped his watchful eye.

Flandy

Has anyone done any pixel counting to confirm that this actually runs at 4k and isn't upscaled on a Pro?

Btw whats the spoiler policy in this thread? I've never played these so I'm wondering if I should stay away from this thread

Sad to say i'm still experiencing stuttering in 2FM with the day 1 patch it only seems to happen in cutscenes and when i open a chest it seems to happen every so often

it's a shame because almost everything else so far has been great.

I just wanted to say that I'm going to disagree with the OP about the order in which is recommended to play these games. While the order of release was Kingdom Hearts 2 and then 358/2 days...I think the fact that 358/2 days is part of the 1.5 collection is telling.

I played KH2 when it originally came out, and I recall it always left me scratching my head and so damn confused about the motivations of characters. In a series full of confusion, adding more doesn't help I think. In my attempt to start going through the series again, and experience the ones I had not recently, I went through the games from 1.5 before this collection came out.

I can immediately say that after finally seeing 358/2 days story, it makes things make a whole lot more sense for KH2. I wish I had this context prior to playing KH2, and found it annoying as hell that I didn't have this knowledge prior to KH2. So yeah....don't play KH2 before 358/2 days. Just my experience saying that it doesn't make appreciating KH2 any easier.

Lum1n3s

Does anyone know what happened to the kh2.co.uk site? Used to go to that a lot back in the day when I was a huge super KH fan but it doesn't look like it's up anymore.

Also, can't wait to play this game.

Slaythe

Sad to say i'm still experiencing stuttering in 2FM with the day 1 patch it only seems to happen in cutscenes and when i open a chest it seems to happen every so often

it's a shame because almost everything else so far has been great.

Hello, can you give us information please.

Ps4 or ps4 pro

ps4 up to date ? How much free space do you have on ps4 ?

Digital or physical

streaming / recording ? Downloading anything ?

thank you.

edit :

For the record, there has been one case of bad stuttering on regular ps4 digital. But since most of you guys here don't have them, we have no idea what is the cause. It seems random at the moment.

Nick

Sorry if this has already been answered, but are we talking a native 2160p on the Pro, or is Squeenix just saying this?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Just to mention it, I'd bought both collections through Best Buy on pre-order for each release on the day it was released, so, separate orders.

I chatted with Support, provided all of the information, link to the $20 off bundle offer along with the two order numbers.

The first agent took the information and couldn't assist because of her more limited options and transferred the chat to another level. In both situations I explained that it would be impossible for me to take advantage of since the first collection is beyond return policy and the offer only came out 1 day after the release of the second collection as well as that I always pre-order to get items day 1.

The second agent reviewed the case and will issue the credit back to my charge card as a courtesy.

If any of you are in the same boat where you ordered both collections through Best Buy and got them both on release date and want the credit, you might give Customer Service chat or phone a try. It may take a bit of transferring or effort, but you might get that $20 back.

Stalwart

What about the FF characters questions?

Depends. All those affect are how long it takes you to level up: dawn takes the most EXP to get 99 but you level up faster before the halfway point, midday is balanced and dusk is least EXP needed to hit the cap but you level slower in the beginning.

inner-G

Banned
Picked up my order...

WTF!? The pin is S-E store exclusive? That's bogus.

I have think the 2.5 and 2.8 pins and was kind of looking forward to this one too.

inner-G

Banned
There's also the 1.5 pin. That was launch event at Disney exclusive.
I got 1.5, but mine has an art book or something instead of a pin, I think?

Edit: Ah that was launch event exclusive, no way I could get that one. I was just thinking it would be part of the box when I went to pick t up today so it was kind of disappointing.

Just curious why there is an ability to gain zero xp?

Like... Why?

Back in KH2FM they started giving you that ability to do Level 1 runs of the game as a challenge. You still get boosts to your HP and plenty of abilities since many of them are tied to completing encounters so you still get stronger.

Luigi87

Just curious why there is an ability to gain zero xp?

Like... Why?

As others said it's for additional challenge.
In KHFM HD it's... Not the best. Basically it's doable, but the game wasn't balanced with it in mind.

2FM however is perfectly balanced for level 1 runs on Critical mode, due to the abilities they give you, and the way damage scaling with EXP Zero equipped functions. It can be frustrating at times, but it's so much fun and rewarding.

I imagine for BbSFM it's a lot like in KHFM HD.

robotrock

Banned
Man I thought I cancelled my order for this game but I think I actually cancelled my 2.8 order and forgot to also cancel 1.5+2.5. Whoops.

Guess I'll play KH2 again

I know it's meant to be a throwback to the other "Sora on a throne" art pieces, but this one actually reminds me of another brown haired main character sitting on a throne.

Also, the only game where Level 1 doesn't suck outside of KH2FM is 358/2 Days, surprisingly, since it's the one of the only post KHII games that had ways to increase your stats outside of keyblades and leveling up. Re:Coded kinda fits too, but Olympus Coliseum in that game is almost purely luck based on a Level 1 run.

Slaythe

Man I thought I cancelled my order for this game but I think I actually cancelled my 2.8 order and forgot to also cancel 1.5+2.5. Whoops.

Guess I'll play KH2 again

You're not gonna regret it. Runs and looks fantastic.

I am getting a crash on kingdom hearts 1 that I can replicate every single time. At the start when you can have a practice fight on the tiny island with the palm trees, if you lose, it crashes right on the final hit back to dashboard for me.

I can confirm it doesn't crash for me on ps4pro...

Luigi87

Skipping all the cutscenes of 1FM, 'cause I just want to play through and get to 2FM, lol

But man, no loadtimes on Pro, it's... awesome.

Vibed

I lied earlier, I've played through Chain of Memories on GBA in both modes :p Is it worth it to replay the game in Re:? The jump to 3D has to make the game pretty sizably different.

As others said it's for additional challenge.
In KHFM HD it's... Not the best. Basically it's doable, but the game wasn't balanced with it in mind.

2FM however is perfectly balanced for level 1 runs on Critical mode, due to the abilities they give you, and the way damage scaling with EXP Zero equipped functions. It can be frustrating at times, but it's so much fun and rewarding.

I imagine for BbSFM it's a lot like in KHFM HD.

BBS is a mix of the both of them

you still get to use alot of the tools you would see in a normal play though like KH2 but the ability it's self gives some hidden buffs that the game doesn't tell you like KH1

Luigi87

I lied earlier, I've played through Chain of Memories on GBA in both modes :p Is it worth it to replay the game in Re:? The jump to 3D has to make the game pretty sizably different.

If you like CoM, sure. The cutscenes are nice, though one can always YouTube them

Also a change at the end is
Marluxia has a third form

BBS is a mix of the both of them

you still get to use alot of the tools you would see in a normal play though like KH2 but the ability it's self gives some hidden buffs that the game doesn't tell you like KH1

Ah that's good at least.

Alright so going to platinum 1 and 2 first up is 1 and first run I'm doing a beginner difficulty, no changing equipment, no continuing, and beating the game in under 15 hours. After doing that I'll be doing a majority of the other achievements on that file and then doing a run on proud to finish up.

Should be pretty easy overall, I almost platinumed KH1 on PS3 but I couldn't take running through the game 3 separate times. KH2 I did platinum though all on one save on critical and its one of my favorite experiences, will certainly do so again.

Oh and the Orchestra version of Hikari is still the single best song in gaming ever.

If you like CoM, sure. The cutscenes are nice, though one can always YouTube them

Also a change at the end is
Marluxia has a third form

And a boss fight against
Zexion
on Riku's side, too.

Speaking of Exp Zero, I never checked for myself, but did they ever re-balance it in DDD HD to work like in KH1FM and BBS HD? Or is it still the same shitshow?

Got my copy! But I don't know if I should continue where I left off by playing Chain of Memories or if I should start over again from Kingdom Hearts 1. Took forever to get the gummies and synthesis items as well as beating all the secret bosses so I don't know if I want to do that again.

I just wanted to say that I'm going to disagree with the OP about the order in which is recommended to play these games. While the order of release was Kingdom Hearts 2 and then 358/2 days...I think the fact that 358/2 days is part of the 1.5 collection is telling.

I played KH2 when it originally came out, and I recall it always left me scratching my head and so damn confused about the motivations of characters. In a series full of confusion, adding more doesn't help I think. In my attempt to start going through the series again, and experience the ones I had not recently, I went through the games from 1.5 before this collection came out.

I can immediately say that after finally seeing 358/2 days story, it makes things make a whole lot more sense for KH2. I wish I had this context prior to playing KH2, and found it annoying as hell that I didn't have this knowledge prior to KH2. So yeah....don't play KH2 before 358/2 days. Just my experience saying that it doesn't make appreciating KH2 any easier.

I think a case can be made for both methods, though I agree that the "official" order would be far more palatable for newcomers. The handful of things that spoil KHII in 358/2 Days are outweighed by the context it gives to pretty much everything Org. XIII related, in my opinion.

Here's a fun anecdote: I had two friends that bought both of the PS3 remasters. Never played any of the games, and asked myself and another mutual friend which order to play them in. I said to play them as they were laid out in the collections, the other said the same thing, but added that skipping to KHII after CoM was necessary. The friend that followed my advice is pretty much all caught up now and enjoys the series (though Re:CoM was kind of a drag for him). The other one got as far as KHII before giving up because the plot was vague, and he didn't understand why he was supposed to care about some (literal) nobody taking up the game's prologue.

netguy503

Just to mention it, I'd bought both collections through Best Buy on pre-order for each release on the day it was released, so, separate orders.

I chatted with Support, provided all of the information, link to the $20 off bundle offer along with the two order numbers.

The first agent took the information and couldn't assist because of her more limited options and transferred the chat to another level. In both situations I explained that it would be impossible for me to take advantage of since the first collection is beyond return policy and the offer only came out 1 day after the release of the second collection as well as that I always pre-order to get items day 1.

The second agent reviewed the case and will issue the credit back to my charge card as a courtesy.

If any of you are in the same boat where you ordered both collections through Best Buy and got them both on release date and want the credit, you might give Customer Service chat or phone a try. It may take a bit of transferring or effort, but you might get that $20 back.

Thanks for the tip. This would be really cool if this happens. Can you tell me exactly what you said please. I'm elite and have the special number so even more reason for them to do this for me. :)

Hello, can you give us information please.

Ps4 or ps4 pro

ps4 up to date ? How much free space do you have on ps4 ?

Digital or physical

streaming / recording ? Downloading anything ?

thank you.

edit :

For the record, there has been one case of bad stuttering on regular ps4 digital. But since most of you guys here don't have them, we have no idea what is the cause. It seems random at the moment.

Yea i'm playing on a PS4 Pro 1080p TV with an NA physical copy and I have been streaming my run from the ps4 so my ps4 is up to date I have about 400gb left on my HDD

Chris R

So the hitching and other issues aren't a problem after all? Cool, can't wait to get to this eventually, hopefully before the end of the year.

When you don't stream, do you experience the same issues ?

I have not tried it without streaming yet but I will try loading a save from hollow bastion since I had a lot of stuttering in the cutscenes with Org XIII members,it tends to happen right after the camera changes positions.

Just to be very clear this is what it looks like when it stutters real bad https://clips.twitch.tv/ScaryWealthyLaptopKlappa as far as I remember that never happened on ps2 or ps3 for that matter.

It happens about 15sec in.

Slaythe

I have not tried it without streaming yet but I will try loading a save from hollow bastion since I had a lot of stuttering in the cutscenes with Org XIII members,it tends to happen right after the camera changes positions.

We've been playing on pro all day and we have no issues.

So I'm thinking streaming could be one of the reason. Somehow.

Teggy

Sorry, I asked earlier but wasn't able to get an answer- is there a reason that KH runs slightly windowboxed?

Fjordson

Oh damn, I never knew 1.5 and 2.5 were updated versions of 1 and 2. Always thought they were separate spinoff games and that it was just another weird naming thing lmao.

Never played KH before, so will have to pick this up.

When you don't stream, do you experience the same issues ?

So it goes without saying that it needs to be tested more but on the good news the stuttering as a whole was lessened severely when I was not streaming.
The only stutter I was able to reproduce was the one I linked in my last post outside of that i did not run into the opening chest stutter at all. Though keep in mind i only redid the start of hollow bastion twice.

Top Bottom