• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

LAA

Thought that just came to me: If Roxas can use the keyblade because he is the nobody of Sora, then why can't Xemnas use the keyblade? Both Terra and Xehanort are keyblade wielders so shouldn't he be able to?

Well as above me said, Terranort lost his memories and with it the keyblade(s), (also teased Eraqus' heart is within Terra's too) and while it was teased Xemnas did remember some of the past, it didn't seem he remembered how to summon the keyblade at least.
Only thing he did manage to "summon" at least was Xehanorts armour.

What I think is more confusing to think about is why didn't Xehanorts heartless/nobody look like any of the people within his heart?
Like Sora's nobody Roxas looks like Ven, who at least he shares a heart with (?), while Xehanorts heartless/nobody look like a mix between Xehanort and Terra.

Kanhir

Another thing is in 358/2 Days, Xemnas, Kingdom Hearts was already started before Roxas even joined ranks. So Xemnas HAD to have used the keyblade between events of the nine years after BBS to when Roxas was born.

Xemnas came into being well before the events of KH1, though. So he could have been collecting all of the hearts Sora had been releasing before/during Roxas was created in Hollow Bastion.

(And also possibly the ones
Aqua
and Mickey were releasing in the World of Darkness, since TWTNW is an in-between world.)

NullKaze

Thought that just came to me: If Roxas can use the keyblade because he is the nobody of Sora, then why can't Xemnas use the keyblade? Both Terra and Xehanort are keyblade wielders so shouldn't he be able to?
Personally, I think it's because Xemnas used his Keyblade to form the 'seed' of his Kingdom Hearts in KH2. It can't just be random that hearts decide to gather into KH when released, and it explains how Xemnas can use the power of KH - he literally holds the key to its power.

The real question is - is LS using Terra's Keyblade? And does that explain why Xemnas doesn't have -another- Keyblade? (a la Sora and Ven's Keyblades for Roxas)

Just platinumed KH2FM on critical and now started KHFM.
It was the first time I've beaten all the optional bosses on critical too, haha some battles were pretty intense but it was totaly worth it xD
I agree with the sentiment that the game does feel old especially compared to KH2
but if someone thinks the time the game came out, in my opinion it still holds really well.
Also I will always find the level design of the worlds in KH1 way more interesting than in KH2, despite the various complains I hear on gaf about the worlds.

Stuart444

Well, I've given up (for now) beating the Hades Paradox Cup and instead I'm about to go complete the game.

I am however making a separate save because I know I can do it if I keep trying but I feel like I might get burned out before I finish the game so I'll keep the save and come back to it later on down the line.

So yeah in about an hour or two, I've probably start Birth By Sleep, any tips? I've legit only played like 10-15 mins when i first got it on PSP.

Famassu

Well, I've given up (for now) beating the Hades Paradox Cup and instead I'm about to go complete the game.

I am however making a separate save because I know I can do it if I keep trying but I feel like I might get burned out before I finish the game so I'll keep the save and come back to it later on down the line.

So yeah in about an hour or two, I've probably start Birth By Sleep, any tips? I've legit only played like 10-15 mins when i first got it on PSP.
I found Terra Ven Aqua a good order to play things.

Learn command melding ASAP.

Oh yikes yeah don't expect to be able to take on the Hades Paradox cup for now. It's absolutely postgame material.

Stuart444

Oh yikes yeah don't expect to be able to take on the Hades Paradox cup for now. It's absolutely postgame material.

I'm level 99 and as strong as I can probably be.

Still, I'm resigned to doing at a later date.

So, Terra, Ven, Aqua? All I can remember reading is Aqua is best left to last lol.

Hades paradox cup is not so hard especially if you know what to use in each set of rounds.
Which set gives you the most hard time?

I'm level 99 and as strong as I can probably be.

Still, I'm resigned to doing at a later date.

So, Terra, Ven, Aqua? All I can remember reading is Aqua is best left to last lol.

That's the best order. Terra usually arrives at worlds first and Aqua last and Aqua's story leads directly to the last chapter.

Bauer91

So I finally finished Re:CoM with Sora. Is Riku's story easier or harder? Most bosses on Standard gave me a lot of trouble for some reason and I'm not crazy about the gameplay with cards and am mostly in it for the story. Do I play the Riku story on Standard or Beginner?

Stuart444

Hades paradox cup is not so hard especially if you know what to use in each set of rounds.
Which set gives you the most hard time?

I usually die in Titan Cup, That points based shit is frustrating especially combined with that freeze guy who is easy to beat but takes a lot of points off you if it hits you. Also one of the fights after that took me from 82 - near 0 in a few hits.

That's the best order. Terra usually arrives at worlds first and Aqua last and Aqua's story leads directly to the last chapter.

Ok, ty. Just started. I love Aqua's design. <3 so save the best for last I guess XD

Kinsei

Banned
Did they fix the Atlantica blue screen crash in Re:CoM?

So I finally finished Re:CoM with Sora. Is Riku's story easier or harder? Most bosses on Standard gave me a lot of trouble for some reason and I'm not crazy about the gameplay with cards and am mostly in it for the story. Do I play the Riku story on Standard or Beginner?

I find it easier since the decks are pre set. The only moderately difficult part of Riku's story (even on Proud) is Wonderland IMO.

I usually die in Titan Cup, That points based shit is frustrating especially combined with that freeze guy who is easy to beat but takes a lot of points off you if it hits you. Also one of the fights after that took me from 82 - near 0 in a few hits.

Do you have the summon gauge upgraded?
Is it at least level 5?
If yes and you also don't care about score just use peterpan and you will win every round in a matter of seconds.
For the freeze guy, take tour time and always use the reaction command.
Finnaly for the final battle with Pete you can cheese him, if land a combo on him right at the moment he lets go of his shield.You can expect that to happen right at the moment he fists his 2 hands together.

silva1991

Not gonna lie. That PoTC ship battle against mobs for that coin was so hard at level 1. I think it took me 2 hours....

Am I an idiot for even thinking about fighting Larxene without once more and second chance? yes I am.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
KH1 worlds are extremely hit or miss.

Good:

Traverse Town
Hollow Bastion
Destiny Islands
Halloween Town
Deep Jungle (I liked it)
Agrabah
Neverland

Bad:

Atlantica
Wonderland
Monstro
100-Acre Wood
Olympus Coliseum

The good worlds range from great to pretty entertaining, but the bad worlds make me want to drop the game entirely. I'm in Atlantica right now and it sucks.

LAM09

Good:

Traverse Town
Hollow Bastion
Destiny Islands
Halloween Town
Deep Jungle (I liked it)
Agrabah
Neverland

Bad:

Atlantica
Wonderland
Monstro
100-Acre Wood
Olympus Coliseum

The good worlds range from great to pretty entertaining, but the bad worlds make me want to drop the game entirely. I'm in Atlantica right now and it sucks.

I just finished that world and it couldn't end soon enough.

Banzai

Not gonna lie. That PoTC ship battle against mobs for that coin was so hard at level 1. I think it took me 2 hours....

Am I an idiot for even thinking about fighting Larxene without once more and second chance? yes I am.

You're never gonna get those abilities, might as well try now!
...Nah, I wouldn't bother doing this stuff until you've reached endgame. The bonus levels and story-progression stuff is too important on a Lv1-run.
Also, Larxene is a bitch to fight. She's the only OrgXIII member where I just can't make out a pattern to react to. It's always crazy teleporting and quick combos that are almost guaranteed deaths.

I did somehow manage to beat the AS on my LV1-run, but never the data version.
Because I never made it past the final nobody-fight in the Cavern of Remembrance

silva1991

You're never gonna get those abilities, might as well try now!
...Nah, I wouldn't bother doing this stuff until you've reached endgame. The bonus levels and story-progression stuff is too important on a Lv1-run.
Also, Larxene is a bitch to fight. She's the only OrgXIII member where I just can't make out a pattern to react to. It's always crazy teleporting and quick combos that are almost guaranteed deaths.

I did somehow manage to beat the AS on my LV1-run, but never the data version.
Because I never made it past the final nobody-fight in the Cavern of Remembrance

Well, that sucks. I can't imagine beating the sniper dude without one of those abilities

Right now I'm getting killed by the the three Agrabah fatties in that small fucking room.

Fucking frustrating.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Finished CoM last night with Sora. I can't believe how much I like and hate that game. Good ideas but I feel like it wasn't ever fully realized.

Some of the bosses were just not fun in any way, and some of the most frustrating moments in recent memory.

Famassu

Good:

Traverse Town
Hollow Bastion
Destiny Islands
Halloween Town
Deep Jungle (I liked it)
Agrabah
Neverland

Bad:

Atlantica
Wonderland
Monstro
100-Acre Wood
Olympus Coliseum

Monstro has a couple of annoying rooms but otherwise it's a fun maze. Nothing too much wrong with Wonderland either. Olympus Coliseum isn't really a world at all in KH1, just a... well... coliseum with some (mostly optional) trials that can be pretty fun. What's so bad about that?

I don't really get the absolute hate for Atlantica either. It's not a good world but it's not drop-the-game bad either. I guess that's maybe helped by me having memorized the world during my numerous playthroughs of the game so I can get through it fairly quickly and can minimize pointless wandering around.

I think Neverland is much worse than most of the worlds you've listed as bad. The indoors rooms are so cramped. The only good thing about it is the optional end game boss.

I looove Monstro and how they use the world. The only real critique I have is that it has very little interactive elements and no world specific heartless (you could argue for Search Ghost but that has always stuck with me as a Halloween Town one for obvious reasons).

Monstro has a couple of annoying rooms but otherwise it's a fun maze. Nothing too much wrong with Wonderland either. Olympus Coliseum isn't really a world at all in KH1, just a... well... coliseum with some (mostly optional) trials that can be pretty fun. What's so bad about that?

I don't really get the absolute hate for Atlantica either. It's not a good world but it's not drop-the-game bad either. I guess that's maybe helped by me having memorized the world during my numerous playthroughs of the game so I can get through it fairly quickly and can minimize pointless wandering around.

I think Neverland is much worse than most of the worlds you've listed as bad. The indoors rooms are so cramped. The only good thing about it is the optional end game boss.
Yeah, looking back on it, aside from being able to fly and the clock tower, Neverland actually isn't all that great.

I'm glad they tried to flesh it out in Birth By Sleep.

silva1991

Oogie Boogie battle at level 1 feels it's based on luck. Either those assholes Emerald Blues spawn and it's pretty much gameover, or don's spawn and things gets easier.

Son Of D

Neverland has to be my least favourite KH world. The ship interior is such a bad area for fights.

Footos22

Started 1.5 today on beginner to get the speed run trophy and unchanging armour etc on same run. Got to the last save point at 5 hours. Skipped Atlantica. Didn't have to gonna go clean up some stuff to make the last boss trivial seeming kingdom key does minimal DMG to ansem. Not bad doing it that fast haven't played it in a long time.

Captcha

Did all the technical issues get cleaned up? Is this version of the games definitive now?

There is a save crashing bug on KH2 still. I had it happen 3 times over the course of my platinum. One was a really bad one where I hadn't saved for a while doing gummy ship missions which I fucking hate to begin with.

The other games run great in my experience.

Saw the first of the new scenes added to KH2 Final Mix, the one with Xaldin threatening Axel. That was really cool to see and I can't wait to see what else they added (Hoping for one with my boy Luxord).

Its been years since I last played KH2, so it feels like I'm playing it for the first time!

JayEH

I'm trying to give BBS another shot but I don't know if I can continue. Braig just shows up saying he has Xehanort prisoner, Terra just kinda stares at him, then Braig leaves and Terra is like maybe I'll go see if he's telling the truth. wut. this whole game feels like it's lacking urgency. And the gameplay is so trash too ugh. feels both overly complicated and simple at the same time.

Famassu

I'm trying to give BBS another shot but I don't know if I can continue. Braig just shows up saying he has Xehanort prisoner, Terra just kinda stares at him, then Braig leaves and Terra is like maybe I'll go see if he's telling the truth. wut. this whole game feels like it's lacking urgency. And the gameplay is so trash too ugh. feels both overly complicated and simple at the same time.
Wut? BBS gameplay isn't trash. Learn to play the damn game. >_>;

That said, Terra is probably the worst character out of the three. Ven & Aqua are both more fun to play as.

BroBot

Absolutely not.

Zomba13

Would you really believe that some punk ass Revolver Ocelot wannabe actually managed to capture a keyblade master? Terra is mostly a bad character who for the first chunk of the game has a VA that just seems bored out of his mind (but gets slightly better as it progresses) but at least in that case I can see his point.

The gameplay is fine though, Maybe it has too many bars and gauges and that makes the combat a bit too simple giving you so many options (plus the Magnet line of spells just break every non-boss encounter). I like all the style switching and different finishers and being able to slot in abilities and unlock them.

JayEH

Wut? BBS gameplay isn't trash. Learn to play the damn game. >_>;

That said, Terra is probably the worst character out of the three. Ven & Aqua are both more fun to play as.

I'm coming from the perspective after playing 1 and 2 extensively and yes I know it's not fair to compare the two since BBS had handheld constraints but everything just feels so slow. So I definitely have a bias perspective maybe I'd feel differently if I played it on the PSP originally. This is the second time I've tried going through it so it's just not for me apparently and that's fine. I don't mean to berate someone for liking it.

LAA

I'm coming from the perspective after playing 1 and 2 extensively and yes I know it's not fair to compare the two since BBS had handheld constraints but everything just feels so slow. So I definitely have a bias perspective maybe I'd feel differently if I played it on the PSP originally. This is the second time I've tried going through it so it's just not for me apparently and that's fine. I don't mean to berate someone for liking it.

I do love BBS, but I know what you mean. After refreshing myself with KH2 it's just so much more fast paced and smooth compared to the previous and later games even, so hope KH3 delivers on that, which from what we've seen looks promising.

BBS really more focuses on being able to use specific commands at any time and command styles to up the speed I guess, which I do love and am quite disappointed KH3 is ditching that system, so hope it makes up for it.

Top Bottom