• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Stuart444

Man, when you have all forms leveled and able to glide and high jump at will, getting around feels awesome.

On a side note, I just finished leveling to 99 and now I'm working on finishing the journal 100% before working on the gummi missions.

Quick question though, there is two secret endings in this, right? One that just needs the story completed 100% and the one with the major requirements I see posted all over (i.e 100% journal, gummi missions, if you are on critical then lingering will etc), do they play back to back once you finish the game?

Zimmy64

I just beat Riku 2 and am headed back to Hollow Bastion for my Proud Run for KH1. A bit of encouragement if anyone's doing it and picked staff it gets easier as you get farther. For me after beating Ursula 2 magic started to payoff to the point where by Hollow Bastion I was constantly casting spells and fireworks were flying everywhere.

The epitome of this was Maleficent 2. I remember struggling with this boss on standard when I first played KH1 about 5 years ago so I was worried. By the time I got to the boss I had all summons (expect Mushu of Course) and 13 MP. I cast Bambi and constantly used Stop (I didn't get Stopra until after the boss when I realized I missed it) Then widdled like a bar and a half of her life away with Dumbo and finished her off by calling Genie and gliding around while he got rid of the last bar and a half with Showtime. I was constantly casting cure an/or thundara during the battle too.

Man there were so many beams in that fight it felt like I was playing Marvel. The crazy thing is I still had like 6 MP left when Maleficent went down. The trade off is that I died twice on Riku 2 and needed to significantly shuffle my abilities and items but man was it worth it. The staff totally obliterates Maleficent.

Man, when you have all forms leveled and able to glide and high jump at will, getting around feels awesome.

On a side note, I just finished leveling to 99 and now I'm working on finishing the journal 100% before working on the gummi missions.

Quick question though, there is two secret endings in this, right? One that just needs the story completed 100% and the one with the major requirements I see posted all over (i.e 100% journal, gummi missions, if you are on critical then lingering will etc), do they play back to back once you finish the game?

EDIT: Both secret endings are in the game.

For the first secret movie, clear all worlds including the smaller ones

Following text about unlock requirements for the second secret movie is from GFq's:

Beginner: Impossible
Standard: Clear Game + 100% Journal + Clear all Gummi Missions
Proud: Clear Game + 100% Journal
Critical: Clear Game + Defeat all XIII Mushrooms, XIII Data Battles and Lingering Will

Stuart444

EDIT: Both secret endings are in the game.

For the first secret movie, clear all worlds including the smaller ones

Following text about unlock requirements for the second secret movie is from GFq's:

Beginner: Impossible
Standard: Clear Game + 100% Journal + Clear all Gummi Missions
Proud: Clear Game + 100% Journal
Critical: Clear Game + Defeat all XIII Mushrooms, XIII Data Battles and Lingering Will

Yeah, i meant do they play back to back when you beat the game?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sora's voice in KH1 is so much better than the man trying to sound like a child voice in other games. It fits him in KH2, when he actually looks older, but in CoM/DDD/etc., it sounds really off.

gdt

Got through the Cave of Remembrance in KH2. Level 70ish now. Final room was kinda tough. Now to clear the rest of the Absent Sils and then redo those fights at the end of the Cave.

Fj0823

Rewatching the scene in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix where Xigbar tells Zexion about the events of Birth by Sleep left me we even more questions now.

Why Zexion?
Why spy on Xemnas when you already are a part of Xehanort's plan?
What's Braig's true endgame?

I don't think III will cover all this

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rewatching the scene in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix where Xigbar tells Zexion about the events of Birth by Sleep left me we even more questions now.

Why Zexion?
Why spy on Xemnas when you already are a part of Xehanort's plan?
What's Braig's true endgame?

I don't III will cover all this
Zexion isn't like Xigbar/Braig, when he
turns back into Ienzo in DDD he seems totally oblivious to his plan

Fj0823

Zexion isn't like Xigbar/Braig, when he
turns back into Ienzo in DDD he seems totally oblivious to his plan

The only way this makes sense is if
The scene takes place before Xehanort takes over a part of Braig and gives him a spot on his new organization

Kaelan

The near final boss in KH1 is pissing me the fuck off. Like I get riku to half and then he starts flying around and I'm fucked. I have like no chance to heal myself with a potion. Wanted to throw my controller.

Meowster

vxFWq.jpg
Finally did it. You'd think I would have encountered Mickey at least once through my first Critical run but he ended up being the last trophy I got. Now I get to enjoy the beautiful ending and see the "secret" secret ending. Now to Birth By Sleep.

JayEH

I'm stupid but I'm playing KH1 now for the platinum after spending near 100 hours with 2. This shit is tough to go back to.

Highway

Banned
Finally did it. You'd think I would have encountered Mickey at least once through my first Critical run but he ended up being the last trophy I got. Now I get to enjoy the beautiful ending and see the "secret" secret ending. Now to Birth By Sleep.

Who is this boss?

Kanhir

I've just finished KH1 and am now about to embark on Re:CoM. Didn't like the battle system on GBA, didn't like it on PS2, but I'm giving it a chance now.

I've seen a lot of people say it's super fun if you know how to play it correctly. How do I play it correctly?

Fj0823

I've just finished KH1 and am now about to embark on Re:CoM. Didn't like the battle system on GBA, didn't like it on PS2, but I'm giving it a chance now.

I've seen a lot of people say it's super fun if you know how to play it correctly. How do I play it correctly?

Lean a lot of sleights and master the use of 0 value cards to break from the opponent's combos

Stuart444

Man, the Paradox Hades cup is mean. 15k orbs + 50 rounds with different rules each 10 rounds. Any tips? (side note: I hate that point one, the titan cup rules one. >_< ) I'm probably not going to try again until after Cavern now but yeah any tips? (I'm level 99 as well...)

TheCed

Man, the Paradox Hades cup is mean. 15k orbs + 50 rounds with different rules each 10 rounds. Any tips? (side note: I hate that point one, the titan cup rules one. >_< ) I'm probably not going to try again until after Cavern now but yeah any tips? (I'm level 99 as well...)

Summon : Peter Pan
Use the Keyblade with the Jackpot ability (I think).

nemisis0

Kh 2.8 0.2 was pretty fun if this is any indication on how kh3 will be then I am happy from just the 2 hour gameplay I had with aqaua if it is like kh2 but better then I will be proud of nomura.

The Hades Paradox cup is also dumb because, IIRC, it doesn't actually give you any prizes for beating it, just a journal entry. Even an AP Up would've been nice (and a Bonus Level reward of any sort at all would be even nicer).

Meowster

Assuming your summons are maxed: Between rounds ten and twenty, start every match with summoning Stitch and immediately use his limit. Only press Square. Summon him once more and use his limit again. Then use Peter Pan and reap even more. Finish off any remaining heartless/nobodies. I think I was at 15k before halfway through the cup. Just keep doing this as much as you can.

NullKaze

Get all your points during the Summon/Titan Cup rounds. Summon Stitch, use Limit, press Square (don't let him shoot because that hurts enemies). Stitch should give you practically unlimited MP as well, so use Reflect/Magnet when you need to keep them away.

For all other rounds, use variations of Magnet + Thunder. For the PainPanic (decrease MP for Limits), spam Comet or Trinity.
Cerberus - constantly Final Form Magnet + Thunder, Wisdom Thunder or Master Magnet+Thunder.
For the final rounds, play it careful. Use Reflect against the second last round to take down the majority of them and carefully work the remaining. The last round should be simple.

I fucked up in my play through of Re: CoM. Previously when I played, I would alternate between CP and HP while picking slights when I can, but this run I went hard into CP to a stupid degree and now I only have around 200 hp on floor 11, and I'm getting my shit kicked in by Vexen. My decks fine, and I have enough 0 cards to break his slights, but it just takes one bad card break for him to take off a third of my HP. I guess I'm just going to have to grind at this point, which is going to suck because grinding is painful in this game

Banzai

I fucked up in my play through of Re: CoM. Previously when I played, I would alternate between CP and HP while picking slights when I can, but this run I went hard into CP to a stupid degree and now I only have around 200 hp on floor 11, and I'm getting my shit kicked in by Vexen. My decks fine, and I have enough 0 cards to break his slights, but it just takes one bad card break for him to take off a third of my HP. I guess I'm just going to have to grind at this point, which is going to suck because grinding is painful in this game

I've been playing on Proud as well and my Level progression was
Sleight->HP->CP->CP->CP->repeat.

Vexen was definitely tough for me, too. He was actually the first boss I died at. The trick for me was to learn how to dodge his Freeze sleight by watching his arm movement and timing dodge roll.
Then just spam sleights like Blitz and Lethal Frame. I died maybe 5-6 times to him and then beat him without getting hit. His second fight, too.

silva1991

Roxas while his theme is playing : Looks like my summer vacation is... over.

Always makes me tear :'(

I wanted to get the platinum, but this was one of the reasons I didn't get it iirc.

Meowster

I'm playing Birth By Sleep and I'm not even a couple minutes in and the combat mechanics are already confusing me. I don't think I get it. What exactly are D-links? Like summons that augment your abilities for a short time? Do they level up? It also doesn't help that the camera is SO close to the playable character, it's really jarring, hope I get used to it. The story seems really interesting so far.

iosefe

I'm playing Birth By Sleep and I'm not even a couple minutes in and the combat mechanics are already confusing me. I don't think I get it. What exactly are D-links? Like summons that augment your abilities for a short time? Do they level up? It also doesn't help that the camera is SO close to the playable character, it's really jarring, hope I get used to it. The story seems really interesting so far.

as you kill enemies with a d-link, 2 items will pop up and float about, collect both to power up the d-link

Finally beat CoM. Didn't have much trouble at all with the rest of the game after getting through Vexen. Marluxias second form was hilariously easy. I'm excited to play through Rikus mode now. I remember the story being refreshing after having to deal with Soras stupidity on the last couple of floors.

silva1991

I just bought it. KH2 feels so GOOD at 60fps.

I have done critical before, but this time I won't level up and see how bad I will do :p

Playing CoM right after KH1 is trying my patience. I gotta go through all the rehashed disney worlds to get to the interesting stuff between floors. Can't wait to get to Riku's part.

Side note: I fid it interesting that CoM is the only KH game where Jiminy Cricket is an active presence throughout the game.

Fj0823

I still can't believe the villains play Sora like a fiddle in CoM, II AND DDD.

Riku truly is the man of plot.

Playing CoM right after KH1 is trying my patience. I gotta go through all the rehashed disney worlds to get to the interesting stuff between floors. Can't wait to get to Riku's part.

Side note: I fid it interesting that CoM is the only KH game where Jiminy Cricket is an active presence throughout the game

Skip every cutscene that is not inside Castle Oblivion until Twilight Town.

Nothing of Value is lost

Finally beat CoM. Didn't have much trouble at all with the rest of the game after getting through Vexen. Marluxias second form was hilariously easy. I'm excited to play through Rikus mode now. I remember the story being refreshing after having to deal with Soras stupidity on the last couple of floors.
Vexen's got so many damn 0 cards that most bosses afterward are a breeze.

Yazuka

So I just entered The World that never was. And I'm getting my ass handed to me by the first boss. Lovely.
Is there a good place in the game to powerlevel?

So I just entered The World that never was. And I'm getting my ass handed to me by the first boss. Lovely.
Is there a good place in the game to powerlevel?

Not sure what is the best place (maybe Yen Sid's tower?) before you get a little further but remember to equip Gull Wing keyblade (and all experience boost abilities you have) and be at 50% hp or less for fastest level grinding.

Zomba13

There is a lot in BBS but basically:

D-Links are kind of like summons. You can switch to them when your Link Guage is full and then you get a special deck of commands and unique finisher. These level up twice. Killing enemies while D-Linked sometimes drops a star/wayfinder/paupu fruit that when you collect it will increase your current D-Link by one level and get you an ability (in that link) and more commands. Getting two levels powers up the finisher (while giving a second ability while Linked and more commands).

Shotlock is also like a summon, you hold the lock on button and aim and then when all shots are locked (or whenever you feel like, or when you run out of gauge) you press X and you do the attack. This takes the Focus gauge and that goes up when you deal damage (and take damage once you get the Damage Syphon ability).

Commands have their own individual cooldowns and can be melded once above level 1 (some higher power commands need to be max level before they can meld). You can use a gem when melding to affix an ability to the command which you get as long as the command is equipped or permanently if you get the command to max level. Your Command deck capacity increases as you progress through the story.

Finishers come at the end of a combo when the command gauge (I think it's called that? There are too many bars) is full and you don't fulfil the criteria to style change. These unlock through a bunch of different ways and have their own tech tree like thing.

Command Styles occur when you fill the Command Gauge and fulfil certain criteria (like using fire magic or attacks to go into the fire style) and these augment your normal melee attacks. When the gauge is full again you go a big finisher or if have the chance to change into another style if you have one unlocked and fulfil the criteria.

And you get movement abilities which change how you move and they level up too and can be melded.

BBS has a lot of systems in place and it can be confusing but I like it.

Razmos

Playing as Aqua in BBS is such a rush.

You struggle through Terra's story, the combat clicks in Ventus's story, and then you play as Aqua and it's just climactic final boss fight in every world and she's so powerful and so fun to play.

It's a game that truly gets better as it goes on if you play it in that order (which should have been mandatory with the way the story goes)

silva1991

Jesus I didn't expect lv1 on critical will be this tough even for a veteran like me.

holy shit I'm toughing for that Molan world's commander quests alot and I never died there not even on critical.

This is brutal.

I'm slightly regretting this lol

NullKaze

Jesus I didn't expect lv1 on critical will be this tough even for a veteran like me.

holy shit I'm toughing for that Molan world's commander quests alot and I never died there not even on critical.

This is brutal.

I'm slightly regretting this lol
Play Beasts' Castle first, then Olympus. Get Hero's Crest for the Air Combo Boost so you can 3/4-hit the Night Walkers.

The Thresholder + Possessor (Door Heartless) is probably the biggest barrier in level 1, but just take it slow and carefully. Dark Thorn can be a pain, but strategic use of Valor Form to restore MP and spam more Limits is the strat.

silva1991

Play Beasts' Castle first, then Olympus. Get Hero's Crest for the Air Combo Boost so you can 3/4-hit the Night Walkers.

The Thresholder + Possessor (Door Heartless) is probably the biggest barrier in level 1, but just take it slow and carefully. Dark Thorn can be a pain, but strategic use of Valor Form to restore MP and spam more Limits is the strat.

Yup it's those fuckers

300px-Nightwalker_KHII.png

I can't believe they are destroying me..

And man I totally forgot about Door Heartless :( I remember them being tough even in normal run.

Do I also get that blue form from beast castle?

Top Bottom