• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

NullKaze

Yup it's those fuckers
I can't believe they are destroying me..

And man I totally forgot about Door Heartless :( I remember them being tough even in normal run.

Do I also get that blue form from beast castle?
Yeah, they're killers on Lv1. Get that Air Combo Boost so you can deal with them as little as possible and try to only provoke one at a time (Heartless attack more if you hit them once). Their spinning attack one-shots you.

Door Heartless is okay once you get the pattern down. Fire right under its arm is great for dealing with its shadow orbs which generally can't circle back around and hit you.

Nah, Wisdom is from Timeless River.

Started on this yesterday with KH1 on proud mode.

Chose shield even though I know staff gives you the best Sora in the end. Been about 3 1/2 years since I played so I went safe with shield.

So far I still haven't died except in the coliseum but that's because I didn't have cure at the time.

I'm probably 2 levels ahead though since I leveled up to level 9 while on Destiny Islands.

I know people like to dump on KH1 but I still love the game.

After this on to Re:Com as I still haven't actually ever completed that game even though I've owned both the PS2 and PS3 versions of it.

Waggles

Finished up BBS and just moved on to to 2.8 and DDD.

BBS was great; I genuinely don't get the complaints. I feel the same about DDD so far, and can't wait until we see some more on KH3. Hopefully E3 doesn't fail this year.

BBS was great; I genuinely don't get the complaints. I feel the same about DDD so far

v1JkKg9.jpg

dukie85

I had never gotten that far in KH2, so I didn't know about it originally, but that
Roxas
battle rocked me so many fucking times before I figured it out, it was ridiculous... lol

KH1 Platinum finished! Would have had it done sooner but I played through but Persona 5 and Persona 4 Golden again before I got back to finishing this XD

silva1991

I only managed to defeat it thanks to Mickey. That's when I decided to end my level 1 attempt. Maybe I'll go back later.

I want Mickey to help me, but i know I will likely need him to fight even harder enemies like Xaldin maybe :(

invisible boss that can kill in two hits is just too brutal.

BigEmil

BBS was great; I genuinely don't get the complaints. I feel the same about DDD so far, and can't wait until we see some more on KH3. Hopefully E3 doesn't fail this year.
Agree 100%, pretty good for titles from handheld devices

Gulz1992

Agreed on BBS. I really like that game, although I can understand the complaints it gets. I played a little of DDD in 2.8 and for some reason it just didn't click with me. I think the dream eater mechanic and what I've heard about the story has kind of turned me off from enjoying it. I'd definitely like to try it again when I have some time, though.

NullKaze

Yes. That's what i meant.

But I'll probably lose my patience tomorrow and I'll let him help me lol.
When the battle starts, use Beast's Limit.

That'll let you RC him with the chandelier. Following the RC, he'll run up to you and throw you, letting you RC him with Slingshot.

After that, you can either land one combo, or change to Valor to regain MP. Revert from Valor without attacking him. The dark orbs are a killer.

Once you're sure he's on the ground, not in the middle of an air combo, use Beast's Limit again. You should be able to RC him again, or land a combo.

For the final portion, either save two Ethers to regain MP faster, or block his claw attacks and land combos. I personally prefer Limit-ing again.

This entire fight is really about MP and Limits on Lv1.

P.S. Save Mickey for Cerberus. That's a tedious fight otherwise.

jennetics

So I just bought this for $40 on Amazon. I played 1, CoM GBA, and 2 like a decade ago. Pretty excited to see whether it still holds up! I remember the gameplay was fun but the story seemed convoluted as hell.

So I just bought this for $40 on Amazon. I played 1, CoM GBA, and 2 like a decade ago. Pretty excited to see whether it still holds up! I remember the gameplay was fun but the story seemed convoluted as hell.

It gets probably even worse in that department after 2. Especially in BBS and DDD(Not in this colleciton though).

silva1991

When the battle starts, use Beast's Limit.

That'll let you RC him with the chandelier. Following the RC, he'll run up to you and throw you, letting you RC him with Slingshot.

After that, you can either land one combo, or change to Valor to regain MP. Revert from Valor without attacking him. The dark orbs are a killer.

Once you're sure he's on the ground, not in the middle of an air combo, use Beast's Limit again. You should be able to RC him again, or land a combo.

For the final portion, either save two Ethers to regain MP faster, or block his claw attacks and land combos. I personally prefer Limit-ing again.

This entire fight is really about MP and Limits on Lv1.

P.S. Save Mickey for Cerberus. That's a tedious fight otherwise.

Thanks man. Beast limit is a beast(pun intended) and was my savior.

Really appreciating your posts/tips.

Zimmy64

Beat Ansem on my KH1 proud mode run. All that's left are Ice Titan, Sephiroth, Unknown, Kurt Zisa, and Phantom. Right now I am Level 60. Ice Titan, Sephiroth, and Unknown destroyed me right away. I made a lot of progress on Kurt Zisa until he started doing his spinning attack then I died. I haven't tried Phantom yet. I choose staff so I don't get second chance until Level 90. I didn't have any problem beating Ansem (didn't die at all) without it but these optional bosses are kinda kicking my ass.

Beat Ansem on my KH1 proud mode run. All that's left are Ice Titan, Sephiroth, Unknown, Kurt Zisa, and Phantom. Right now I am Level 60. Ice Titan, Sephiroth, and Unknown destroyed me right away. I made a lot of progress on Kurt Zisa until he started doing his spinning attack then I died. I haven't tried Phantom yet. I choose staff so I don't get second chance until Level 90. I didn't have any problem beating Ansem (didn't die at all) without it but these optional bosses are kinda kicking my ass.

Are you using Aero against Ice Titan?
Because you shouldn't be.

Turin

Banned
Beat KH1 and KH2 for the first time since their initial release. I forgot how pleasantly fun these games were(swimming/flying boss fights notwithstanding). The Final Mix additions certainly helped get me back into it as well.

Question though. Birth By Sleep feels pretty stiff compared to the mainline games. How much do added abilities improve the experience?

One thing I will say I don't miss about KH 1 and I'm sure most agree is the gummy ship shit.

One thing I did enjoy about the Gummi Ship aspect in KH 2 is that your Gummi Ship automatically got better as your progressed through the game.

With the original KH, to this day I still have no fucking idea how you go about improving or building a better Gummi Ship.

Prompto

Banned
Thought that just came to me: If Roxas can use the keyblade because he is the nobody of Sora, then why can't Xemnas use the keyblade? Both Terra and Xehanort are keyblade wielders so shouldn't he be able to?

Gulz1992

Thought that just came to me: If Roxas can use the keyblade because he is the nobody of Sora, then why can't Xemnas use the keyblade? Both Terra and Xehanort are keyblade wielders so shouldn't he be able to?

Nomura's answer is that Xemnas is able to use the keyblade but just chose not to. Real life answer is probably that he didn't plan out the details or didn't think too hard about it when making Kingdom Hearts 2.

Famassu

I think Ven enters the picture here.

Nomura says he just doesn't want to use it. One theory I saw was that
Xemnas' keyblade might be No Name and because the MoM uses that to see the future, if Xemnas was doing shady shit then he might not want anyone else to see.

One thing I will say I don't miss about KH 1 and I'm sure most agree is the gummy ship shit.

One thing I did enjoy about the Gummi Ship aspect in KH 2 is that your Gummi Ship automatically got better as your progressed through the game.

With the original KH, to this day I still have no fucking idea how you go about improving or building a better Gummi Ship.

Just buy all the COM upgrades from Cid, figure out how to attach guns to the gummi, attach ALL the guns, go to gummi mission, hold button to fire, and win :p

Another thing is in 358/2 Days, Xemnas, Kingdom Hearts was already started before Roxas even joined ranks. So Xemnas HAD to have used the keyblade between events of the nine years after BBS to when Roxas was born.

LAA

I've now platinumed KH2 yesterday. Such a great game, has me hyped for KH3 more. The other KHs have seemed more... "clunky" now after playing KH2 again, which by comparison feels much smoother and faster movement wise, hope KH3 brings that back.

The Hades cup 15,000 points mission was difficult and a pain though... had to spam stitch for 10 rounds.., which is just boring and if you die, do it all over again, which I think took me like 5/6 attempts.
Final attempt was tense with the battle between leon/tifa/cloud/yuffie. Thought I was gonna die when I didn't realise I didn't select my elixir at 1HP but managed to heal before being attacked ha ha.

Just left re:coded on while I did other stuff. Most pointless KH to me story wise, very little that happens in it is significant.

Now only BBS left to platinum and I've 100%ed all KHs on PS4!

Lexad

Took me a month but just finished RE:CoM and the first game. Might take a break after watching 358/2 days movie and do ME:Andromeda. Need a bit of a break from this gameplay, CoM killed me on the grind.

LycanXIII

Xehanort locked away his memories and ability to do so away, and Terra's ability was passed on to Riku and Lingering Will?

Top Bottom