• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

C3tenSoUYAAbNpZ.png
quoting for new page

I'm pretty sure that 2 of them had 3 pips and the other one had 2 pips. I remember hearing about this medal way back then so I've been holding on to them since waiting to evolve them. I'd contact customer service about it, but that seems silly so I'll just play through the event.

I think what you are meant to do to correctly activate guilt, and this is what I did, was to have two each of every medal (3D Sora, 3D Riku and Meow Wow). One of the medals from each set would have 3 pips (3D Sora for me) and the other set's one medal would have 2 pips (3D Riku). Level the medals w/ pips to 100, and evolve (making sure you don't accidently fuse the medal from the other set that has pips. You should have two S&R&MWs, one with 2 pips and one with 3. Now merge those two to get your Tier 3 guilt.

Because yeah, you shouldn't be getting less than 40% on that medal. If it rolls for guilt RIGHT AFTER evolving, then you're gonna have a bad time.

Credo

I think what you are meant to do to correctly activate guilt, and this is what I did, was to have two each of every medal (3D Sora, 3D Riku and Meow Wow). One of the medals from each set would have 3 pips (3D Sora for me) and the other set's one medal would have 2 pips (3D Riku). Level the medals w/ pips to 100, and evolve (making sure you don't accidently fuse the medal from the other set that has pips. You should have two S&R&MWs, one with 2 pips and one with 3. Now merge those two to get your Tier 3 guilt.

Because yeah, you shouldn't be getting less than 40% on that medal. If it rolls for guilt RIGHT AFTER evolving, then you're gonna have a bad time.

Yeah, it evolved right after. I guess at least I have an extra medal for rerolling purposes when I get a properly guilted medal.

Azuran

Banned
We did it guys!

1 cost iKairi was the difference I needed to get three Mickeys on all the missions. After that I ticketed my way to eternal glory.

I'm glad to finally have that complete. Now I can finally put all of my focus on Proud Mode now that I got that out of the way.

Psxphile

It took me 4 re-rolls but I was able to achieve 99% on S&R&MW. Mirrored that motherfuck... an achievement 6 months in the making.

It took me 4 re-rolls but I was able to achieve 99% on S&R&MW. Mirrored that motherfuck... an achievement 6 months in the making.
I got 61% on my first go and haven't even been able to do one reroll. I rolled Sora and Riku individually first, got Sora from 20% to 25% in 3 rolls and then Riku on the first one. After that, I ran out of Mickeys. :/

I wish the medals dropped at 6* instead of 5*. 340 levels worth of EXP chips + 9 Mickeys + the fairies = Freakin Expensive rerolls. >_<

Welp. I did 2 packs and didn't get it. ;-;
I did get a three dotted Illustrated King Mickey though from first pull.

And a three dotted Alice from second pull.

Manage to pull a third pack and still didn't get key arts #2... got a second Seifer. ;-;

Even if I wanted the key arts #2, I'd still have to pay 30$ for it.

I don't play many mobile games, but do they all have crazy prices like this?
Honestly if it was 5$ a pack, I'd probably buy a couple packs a month. lol

C3zmGWoUkAIB5TR.jpg

Our new weekend raid boss.

First one I got was an Omega....
Had 7 million HP right off the bat... lol

So many health bars....
No way I will be able to kill it alone.
My party is probably all mostly sleeping too. :/

But not a big deal. Omega's don't give anything better right?

Psxphile

Weekend raid bosses are always Omegas. 7 mil, huh? Fun.

Typically Omega versions of regular Raid bosses have better drops. What's great about the monthly Weekend Raid Boss event is that if you work your way up to the Lv. 10/20/30 etc. you get 6* Chip and Dale medals that are crucial for boosting the stats of your attack medals.

Last month's was awesome because its HP (at first) actually went down with every defeat up to Level 10, and attacking it would restore your SP gauge greatly allowing more special attacks. Getting multiple Chip and Dales was super easy. Too bad they can't all be like that one.

Credo

Last month's was awesome because its HP (at first) actually went down with every defeat up to Level 10, and attacking it would restore your SP gauge greatly allowing more special attacks. Getting multiple Chip and Dales was super easy. Too bad they can't all be like that one.

Last month's was Heaven compared to everything else that's come before. If any of my party members, see this, I'll jump in and help on the weekend boss, but I don't know if I can commit to taking down 10+ of them.

Skittles

Manage to pull a third pack and still didn't get key arts #2... got a second Seifer. ;-;

Even if I wanted the key arts #2, I'd still have to pay 30$ for it.

I don't play many mobile games, but do they all have crazy prices like this?
Honestly if it was 5$ a pack, I'd probably buy a couple packs a month. lol
Most mobile games are more expensive and don't guarantee anything in pulls. They also don't have anything like a weekly unlock. $15 a week for 10 medals is pretty good relatively speaking

Ilvocare

Most mobile games are more expensive and don't guarantee anything in pulls. They also don't have anything like a weekly unlock. $15 a week for 10 pulls is pretty good relatively speaking

For 10 medals, not pulls. For pulls it'd be like...around $170 or so, considering you can only buy the special deal once a week so you have to pay for less 'worth' things in exchange...

deanote666

50 coins or.... 12 coins....

Really...?

Just got the 12 coins for the first slot...

Thinking about skipping this one out of spite.

Ilvocare

50 coins or.... 12 coins....

Really...?

Just got the 12 coins for the first slot...

Thinking about skipping this one out of spite.

this boss is just jack in the box from december all over again

except this time the target eggs are guaranteed to have 2 in the same group and the monster is an extravagant yet blatant reskin of guard armor

which means you have more turns to do more damage I guess

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You guys need better parties. I easily cleared the board and only killed one of my own raid bosses.

Permanently A

Each time one of your raid bosses is killed the next one will spawn one level higher.

thanks I should have figured lol.

is the weekly raid board for that week only, or for the whole month? like do we get a new board every weekend? if so, do the raid tokens carry over from the previous week?

Psxphile

More Jewel quests and the 2nd part of the Wonderland event begins today.

C395H-JUkAAZo3L.jpg:small

Only...

There's like 4 quests to do for today, and they only give 20 jewels each. They're also stupidly easy, so they'll probably give more jewels as they increase the difficulty during the later days.

Anyway: rolled a 41% on Alice & Cheshire Cat. :( There's only enough medals to evolve two of them and combine them for the initial guilt, so don't be wasteful. Merge the 5*s so one has 3 pips and the other 2.

thanks! will my boss reset to level 1 next week or nah?
Yeah.

Anyway: rolled a 41% on Alice & Cheshire Cat. :( There's only enough medals to evolve two of them and combine them for the initial guilt, so don't be wasteful. Merge the 5*s so one has 3 pips and the other 2.

Yeah.

To clarify on this, evolving the Alice medal requires one Alice medal and one Mickey, so whatever you do don't fucking autopilot through the evolution screen without realizing this and accidentally waste a 3-pipped Alice evolving another one. Guess I get to contact support now.

What did JP do for the anniversary?

Wondering if they'll repeat events, I really need Jack and Sally

My dear friend, the JP anniversary events were fantastic. Free illustrated medals, free 3k, banner events each week with a pool of 5 guaranteed super premium medals and one premium medal after 5 pulls. Just fantastic overall. I'm hoping they do something that nice for us but after seeing some of the stuff i've seen i'm beginning to doubt it.

Permanently A

My dear friend, the JP anniversary events were fantastic. Free illustrated medals, free 3k, banner events each week with a pool of 5 guaranteed super premium medals and one premium medal after 5 pulls. Just fantastic overall. I'm hoping they do something that nice for us but after seeing some of the stuff i've seen i'm beginning to doubt it.

Damn, that sucks. Global versions of gacha games always feel like the red headed stepchild in my experience :(

Skittles

Our power creep may be as bad as JP's was by the time we hit the anniversary. So it'll probably be pretty similar. Expect at worst free 3k and new banners every week(probably with a free medal given away).

Rolled for Sora, Riku and S&R&M the first time: 13%, 15%, and 48% respectively
Rolled for them the second time: Max on all of them.
Time to farm some avatar coins! :D

Malyse

Our power creep may be as bad as JP's was by the time we hit the anniversary. So it'll probably be pretty similar. Expect at worst free 3k and new banners every week(probably with a free medal given away).

Expecting free things from global is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Famassu

Yes, because we haven't gotten a million things free. The western version desperately needs Brooms and to release story-content more quickly, but let's quit with the stupid victim act. We might not get everything the Japanese players get (especially some of the more desperate attempts of them trying to hold on to the user base who've been with the game for almost a year longer than western players), but so far we've gotten a majority of what the Japanese have gotten in a similar timeframe if not a bit more in some ways, since we've gotten some new, powerful medals at the same time Japan got them for the first time.

Skittles

? we've gotten numerous free things. unfact, we just got 1k for the lunar new year, we also got the 3k for something i can't remember. there's only been 2 legitimate fuck ups in NA since launch, so not sure why a lot of people are always extremely pessimistic

Malyse

Yes, because we haven't gotten a million things free. The western version desperately needs Brooms and to release story-content more quickly, but let's quit with the stupid victim act. We might not get everything the Japanese players get (especially some of the more desperate attempts of them trying to hold on to the user base who've been with the game for almost a year longer than western players), but so far we've gotten a majority of what the Japanese have gotten in a similar timeframe if not a bit more in some ways, since we've gotten some new, powerful medals at the same time Japan got them for the first time.

The event we get are adjusted to make more money. The Aqua boards from 2.8 were the same as the ones from the JP version with one big difference: the Aqua medals were 5* instead of 6*. They've been doing a lot of small subtle changes to encourage more money being spent, including but not limited to charging more for the weekly events. The fact that you're okay with it doesn't mean that they aren't screwing you over. And as an aside, the only reason Mickey & Brooms exists in JP is because of laws against complete gacha. Since WW has no such laws, WW has no reason to not go full on whale hunter.

So again, expecting them to do things for motives other than profit is setting yourself up for disappointment. There are very valid reasons to be cynical about how things will be handled in global.

c-murph

I assume brooms or something similar will make an appearance eventually. They probably don't want people guilting tier 4 medals too soon.

Azuran

Banned
Brooms are so overrated because we all know if they ever get added, SENA is going to make them rare af like top Colosseum or HSC rewards. Either way, for most casual F2P, it's not like it matters much if they a have a guilted Illustrate Terra when the rest of their set up is complete trash.

Brooms are so overrated because we all know if they ever get added, SENA is going to make them rare af like top Colosseum or HSC rewards. Either way, for most casual F2P, it's not like it matters much if they a have a guilted Illustrate Terra when the rest of their set up is complete trash.

Brutal just like Lusamine ;_______;

Psxphile

^ hell yeah, more story quests. I forget what comes next, doesn't sound like we'll be visiting Castle of Dreams yet. The final Agrabah missions, right?
EDIT: oop never mind we're still in Daybreak chasing after Ephemer. Game already updated.

C4MYiDkUkAAkZQW.png:small

btw, in JP these Level 280 proud quests are supposed to have M&Bs as objective rewards
any takers on what we'll get instead? betting it all on mirrors
EDIT: oh right, gems for upgrading keyblades, Power Quest went down easy thanks to Sebastian and boosted Classic Donald

Oh man, I was so happy to see
Master Ava's speech
in game.
Kept hearing her voice during the scene, and the part before it with Skuld was so cute

Top Bottom