• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boy, this game suddenly starts getting hard after Mission 400....

I just used all my Jewels on Mission 425 (
The fight with Master Ava
) and I still couldn't complete it.

Guess I'm going to have to start paying for Jewels & get better Medals now?

Never jewel to beat a mission. Use jewels to get better medals.

Credo

I still somehow can't beat
Master Ira
on mission 555. Don't know what I'm missing. I get killed by an attack that still kills me even when Def Boost 2 activates.

I still somehow can't beat
Master Ira
on mission 555. Don't know what I'm missing. I get killed by an attack that still kills me even when Def Boost 2 activates.

If you managed to get the new Xigbar B guilted, use him on the last slot in Divine Rose with a x3 attack boost and he kills him in 2 turns. A little defense lowering helps as well.

Ilvocare

I don't get how you get your panties in such a bunch for this particular quest. I thought it was kind of a fun surprise, made it a bit more special from the usual run-of-the-mill quests where you just (attempt to) slaughter everything. It took me three attempts to not hit the lvl 500 enemy (at first I didn't even know one was in the level, then I accidentally bumped into it on my second time from the back because I thought it would be further up the path) but I didn't mind since each failed attempt took me, like, 20 seconds and, as said, at least it was a bit of a change from the usual KHUX quests, as brief & small a thing as it was.

It would be worse if they actually required people to beat that thing to get something useful (like having to beat it for the final Xigbar B or something) but as is, it's just an obstacle probably meant to surprise people on their first try, not the huge FUCK YOU that you seem to be taking it as.

It might have been nothing in the long run but it still ticked me off something fierce

honestly if everything else surrounding the quest (i.e. the shit banners and awful HSC) was either actually good or not there I probably wouldn't be nearly as salty

but in that context it just felt like spitting into an open wound y'know?

deanote666

Despite playing from day 1, I somehow don't know how to dispel enemies. Which medals have that skill?

Bell does multiple targets. Alice and antiform Sora are single targets.

They remove the buffs on an enemy.

Namine mirrors their buffs onto you but leaves them intact on the enemy.

Credo

Bell does multiple targets. Alice and antiform Sora are single targets.

They remove the buffs on an enemy.

Namine mirrors their buffs onto you but leaves them intact on the enemy.

Thanks. Besides buffing myself with the various buff medals, the only other one I had used in the past was Namine to mirror. This is the first time I've been forced to dispel.

Famassu

Namine can be useful in the battle, to get the boss' defense buffs. Just make sure to use her first before you remove the enemy's buffs :p You can also get the STR buffs before removing those as well.

Wow today's daily is pretty fucking stupid.
"Here's a bunch of enemies that paralyze you before you even attack so it's RNG whether you can kill them, oh and they poison you too so you only get one turn. Good luck!"

"Here's a bunch of enemies that paralyze you before you even attack so it's RNG whether you can kill them, oh and they poison you too so you only get one turn. Good luck!"

Holy shit, this is awful, going for run #5 now. Game keeps skipping 4 or more medals when paralyzed.

Edit: Put an Esuna in my first slot (hasn't been very useful), now at run #20. Only got past the lvl 200 once.

Credo

This game has become very stupid lately. I wasn't even able to kill the lvl 150 possessors because it only let me use Sebastian to start with and then proceeded to paralyze me on every medal afterward. Then poison killed me. Thanks, developers.

Yup, this quest is pretty awful. Did it with Sebastian, Snow White (esuna), poohglet (in case seb was skipped), classic donald, and guilted larxene b. Took around 10 runs in total.

Ilvocare

so remember how salty I was at the level 500 shadow daily

yeah no that's nothing compared to this bullshit

this only furthers my assumption that sena actively hates its own playerbase

That fucking quest took me 46 goddamn tries. I'm now going to harass SENA support and the Twitter over it, because I need to go yell at someone.

Psxphile

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of it either. Snow White helps, but not being able to use Sebastian in the first slot will get me wrecked more often than not.

One of our party members managed to score an Ursula, so I'm now over 10 mil (still can't beat that Lv. 350 gummi ship swarm) and secured a spot in the late 2000s. With more than 10 days left in the HSC, I expect to lose out on that Sora/Donald/Goofy B medal eventually but we'll see.

I'm so close to getting MoG to +25 I can taste it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I didn't even bother with trying to kill everything. I got my 200 jewels and I don't care about an extra Chip (or Dale, I can't remember which it was for killing all the enemies). It's not worth the time/effort.

Munti

Yeah, if something is too difficult or takes too much time, I just ignore it. I took only the 200 jewels and I'm happy with it. I try not to complete everything in a gatcha.

That said, I finally got my mogry-blade on lv25 :D! Now I only have to do the last mogry-adamite quest for upgrading starlight. What are the best keyblade and medals for this quest?

Psxphile

C5E23luVMAEsn-n.png:small

Starting tonight, get Minnie & Daisy Medals in new VIP Quests! Also, a sugary raid event, sweet avatars, and solo/party rankings!

Bastards.

EDIT: meanwhile, in JP...

Azuran

Banned
It's incredible how SENA is so blatant when it comes to their greed. It's pretty ridiculous considering how other games don't even come close to screwing over global players on this level.

Psxphile

For anyone who's contemplating buying the weekly unlock JUST for the new medal: remember it says you'll only get 4, which won't be enough to guilt (unless they come w/ pips filled in already, which I doubt). Seems strange to tout them as Tier 4 medals yet not give you enough of them to even guilt, though. Maybe they'll have another event lined up next week to get more from, or maybe they'll sneak some into the new avatar boards.

I didn't even bother with trying to kill everything. I got my 200 jewels and I don't care about an extra Chip (or Dale, I can't remember which it was for killing all the enemies). It's not worth the time/effort.

Yeah, if something is too difficult or takes too much time, I just ignore it. I took only the 200 jewels and I'm happy with it. I try not to complete everything in a gatcha.

Yup! I got my 200 Jewels and 4* Dale and was done with today's daily. I didn't even bother trying for the 5* Dale medal. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Ilvocare

burn Khux global down to the ground

die monster you don't belong in ANY world

This week is the game's last chance, I'm probably gonna drop it if things keep getting this disastrous. And there's no indication things are planning to get any better, either...

That's 10 months of time poorly wasted, smh

Azuran

Banned
It's amazing really especially when you compare them to other games. I've never seen a gacha that changes stuff around just to fuck over players living outside of Japanese borders. Making people spend for free stuff is so insulting. It gets even worse when you compared it to other games.

Look at FFBE for example. We get a lot of free stuff, along with lots of exclusive units and gear. Banners may be changed or moved around to prevent power creep, which can be annoying when you're expecting them to come at a certain time, but at least we still get them the same way it was in Japan. Even old units are better in global because they may get access to exclusive abilities and gear that Japan never got. None of the changes in that game were done to the detrimental of the global player base.

Psxphile

Confirmed for getting another 4 medals as part of next week's vip quests.
lol, having to pay for the weekly twice to guilt a medal that was available for free in Japan.

Shame though, Minne & Daisy is sort of a useful medal, being able to restore 4 SP bars for zero SP is kinda nice if you don't have regular access to Key Art #1 medal. Guilt it and throw an AP+ skill on it for maximum recharge. No wonder they want to toss it behind a paywall.

C5F_boCUMAApA5z.jpg:small

C5F_a-hUkAAa2ph.png:small

New Raid boss gives you coins to redeem new boards that have Young Sora and Riku medals. Not sure if they're worth the trouble, I bet the raid boss's rewards will be low for maximum grindage. As for young Kairi, she's one of the drops for beating each multiple of ten starting w/ the Lv. 30 raid boss (the fuck), etc. You can even get extra drops if you grind the boss up past Lv. 96 (*!*).

Fuck.

New premium avatar boards include Second Chance and ATK Boost III & Lux Plus skills, plus a Power Gem. You can also score more Power Gems from placing high in the solo rankings.

Famassu

I think I'm at a point where I'll probably semi-drop the game. I'll try to remember to log in daily and I'll probably do whatever story & jewel-quests they throw at us, maybe help others with raid bosses when I have the time, but I don't think I'm gonna continue with The Grind anymore. I'll consider returning to a more active playstyle once the multiplayer is added, but this single player content has overstayed its welcome without a huge shakeup. They just throw mostly the same shit at us week after week. Some of it I might be able to do, some not, and over all it makes fuck all difference. They should also put more of an effort into occasionally making actual big changes to the Special quests. Like even the thought of doing one more 5* evolve medal quest makes me feel suicidal. It's horrible game design to require doing the same quests over and over from release to eternity and then reward, like, 1 evolve medal per run. Just makes it seem these people do not understand how to foster good will among its fanbase. Forcing such shitty quests on us for a gazillion times (even paying members when there are no VIP shit goin' on) without ever changing and offering so few of the precious medals they are meant to give just makes it the bad kind of grind.

But yeah, I just can't keep up with the power creep (even when I last spend money) to be able to beat some lvl 300 enemies and, really, I've noticed that there's really nothing I'm actually missing by not keeping up. I mean, I miss some medals and can't 100% all quests, but by the end of the day it's like... so what? I've been missing a lot of medals in the past few months and in the end that doesn't really matter on how much enjoyment I get or don't get from the game. What's getting to me is just the grind is starting to feel too much for too little enjoyment.

Sölf

I will just continue like always. Log in daily, maybe do a few quests (I still haven't beaten all Proud Mode quests) and continue the story. I try to get a few medals, but if I have to kill a boss 50+ times, I probably will just say fuck it and don't do it. So I don't guilt that medal, big deal.

I more or less migrated to Fire Emblem Heroes anyway and heck, I am starving for any content there. At least we got new quests today. xD

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PSA: You only get a Young Kairi if you're the MVP or Host so if you spawn a level 30 (40, 50, etc) boss don't kill it yourself and let one of your party members kill it so you each get one.

Skittles

Ah, forgot that this week is our off-week for jewel quests(been that way for the past 3 months haha). Looks like they modeled this week's weekly deal after what JP just did for it.
The daisy/minnie medal is whatever since it'll be irrelevant soon enough when Ikairi2 comes out(even without Ikairi2 i'm not sure that medal is worth using over a buffer or attack medal, 4 gauges is measly). Interesting that they turned a HSC reward into a guarantee though.

Wish the ranking rewards were speed gems, but at least this time you're guaranteed to get something out of grinding.

Credo

I think I'm at a point where I'll probably semi-drop the game. I'll try to remember to log in daily and I'll probably do whatever story & jewel-quests they throw at us, maybe help others with raid bosses when I have the time, but I don't think I'm gonna continue with The Grind anymore. I'll consider returning to a more active playstyle once the multiplayer is added, but this single player content has overstayed its welcome without a huge shakeup. They just throw mostly the same shit at us week after week. Some of it I might be able to do, some not, and over all it makes fuck all difference. They should also put more of an effort into occasionally making actual big changes to the Special quests. Like even the thought of doing one more 5* evolve medal quest makes me feel suicidal. It's horrible game design to require doing the same quests over and over from release to eternity and then reward, like, 1 evolve medal per run. Just makes it seem these people do not understand how to foster good will among its fanbase. Forcing such shitty quests on us for a gazillion times (even paying members when there are no VIP shit goin' on) without ever changing and offering so few of the precious medals they are meant to give just makes it the bad kind of grind.

But yeah, I just can't keep up with the power creep (even when I last spend money) to be able to beat some lvl 300 enemies and, really, I've noticed that there's really nothing I'm actually missing by not keeping up. I mean, I miss some medals and can't 100% all quests, but by the end of the day it's like... so what? I've been missing a lot of medals in the past few months and in the end that doesn't really matter on how much enjoyment I get or don't get from the game. What's getting to me is just the grind is starting to feel too much for too little enjoyment.

Exactly what I think and what I plan on doing going forward. I had already accepted that I wouldn't be among the best since I'm not willing to pay, but I still had the willingness to try and do all I could up to that point. Now, seeing how we're treated, it really just saps my willpower and makes me wonder why I even bother. This wasn't my lowest priority mobile game for a long time, but it's become that now.

Permanently A

This is really something.

I'm hoping that the anniversary will be good. If not, done with this game. In the meantime, I'll keep playing the story and see where it goes.

Psxphile

As it turns out, Young Kairi is a drop for both MVP and Host during the Raid Boss event (Level 30 and every multiple of 10 after, to reiterate). Meaning you can only get one if you try to solo and meet both requirements but there's potentially two medals to be earned if two party members split the difference: one summons, the other does the most damage. Coordinate with your party to maximize your winnings!

The medal comes 6* and raises attack and defense of all attributes by 1 tier for one turn, at 3 SP cost. Not that great all things considered but it might have some uses.

You can get an extra Young Sora and Riku from their boards when completed, for rerolling. I already did it with Young Sora and got 69% on the first try and raised it to 79% on the second. Oh well!

This Raid Boss isn't as bad as the Omega version. Within in 2 hours (split between two Lux up times) I got it to Level 30. I expect to get it to 99 by Friday.

Skittles

On the flip side this boss isn't fucking obnoxious to kill like the omega version. Can kill him with pretty much one go since APP actually gives gauges on him.

Psxphile

Yeah I noticed they updated the in-game notice when I jumped online earlier. Just got to Level 50, then proceeded to lose my head and take out half of the boss's HP on the first turn by accident. Oops! No MVP Kairi for my party members this time around. :(

Here's lvl96 raid boss.
That's... a 4*, right? Fucking SENA. And there's only a chance it'll drop, it's not even guaranteed! FUCK.

Still going for it, lol. And maybe that free YKairi we get on Wednesday will be this non-6* version.

Grieves

Yeah, I've MVP'd a couple of Ava's lvl 99 this morning (work is gonna kill me) and still not got a drop

Edit: Thanks Ava!

Ilvocare

What was wrong with the raid boss notice before they fixed it?

it says it in the update to the notice

originally they said anyone who participates in fighting against the benchmark boss levels would snag a Young Kairi

what was the reality was that only the MVP and Host would get a copy of the medal and everyone else would get fucked

thus they acknowledged it and are giving out a (kinda mediocre) apology gift

I understand why they didn't change the mechanics of the raid tho, I mean unless you reset everyone's raid boss levels out of schedule very few people would have been able to take advantage of the ideal scenario

doesn't make it any less bleh

Top Bottom