• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

If you are a new player, here's a tip: You get jewels for every 5 quests you complete. If you have enough for a multipull, do it. Then use those medals to easily clear the story, to get more jewels to do more multipulls. You will break the game if you do this now during the 0 AP.

Blank!

Seriously, if you're a beginner this is honestly one the best deals you could have asked for. All of those premium medals are going to make an insane difference in the early game. Also be sure to praise to Nomura every day if you're lucky enough to pull an Illustrated Kairi because that's going to carry you for eternity.

So I guess I won the game then?

(edit) I suck at posting images, but yeah I got her.

deanote666

Can't beat round 49 on Tier 11 for Coliseum...
I don't want to lose my top 10k place. ;-;

Any tips on dealing with Magic White Chocolate Statues?

Nope. If you've been one turning everything, then do a different round. If that's your only one, stock up on medals with APP+, defense boost, and a healer.

My best attack medals are still meowjesty (even though the statues are magic) with buffs and WoFF squall.

I'm stuck on round 180 in tier 11. I could finish without one turning everything but don't want to risk the statue stage.

Blank!

Basically. Her buff and heal will take you far.

And if you give her a Cost 1 skill, you're set for life.

Nice. Good to know, I haven't had much difficulty with story yet but I'm not yet at 100 soo.....

I don't think the rest of my pulls were all that great though. I've got Shark, Mysterious Figure, Halloween Goofy, Aqua, Terra, Tifa, White Rabbit, Mushu, and Capt. Goofy. The Figure rolled Attack Boost 1. I've read Shark could be good if I get a cost reduction on him and he does combo with I Kairi I think.

Skittles

https://twitter.com/kh_ux_na/status/840411967013687296 Special log-in bonus tomorrow. Hope it's 3k jewels (doubt it)
There's a very good chance in fact. We've gotten 3k gifts before.

The relaunch of this game seems like the perfect time to jump back in if you've just been idling. We'll get multiplayer quests, the rest of the story mode quests for season 1 have to be released before then(so roughly 100 of them), proud mode will probably get huge updates too. Also, if you pre-register you'll get free shit. 5k jewels and 7 copies of a medal if they hit 50k pre-registers.

Psxphile

Might jump back into this game when Union launches Does all data from my character migrate to that game?

Pretty sure it's just going to update our currently installed Unchained into Union. All of our data and progress will still be there. It won't be a separate install. Consider it Unchained 2.0.

We're still several story updates behind JP so I'm curious if SENA will try to catch us up in the month between the JP and Global updates or just give us the update before we can actually access Season 2 story content.

Also hey, PSA: apparently pre-registering for Union X will lead to free jewels and Sora/Roxas medals for every player. Source

kg0Uxps.png

GO REGISTER DAMMIT. WE NEED 50,000 IN ORDER TO GUILT THE MEDAL GO GO GO

Pretty sure it's just going to update our currently installed Unchained into Union. All of our data and progress will still be there. It won't be a separate install. Consider it Unchained 2.0.

We're still several story updates behind JP so I'm curious if SENA will try to catch us up in the month between the JP and Global updates or just give us the update before we can actually access Season 2 story content.

Also hey, PSA: apparently pre-registering for Union X will lead to free jewels and Sora/Roxas medals for every player. Source

kg0Uxps.png

GO REGISTER DAMMIT. WE NEED 50,000 IN ORDER TO GUILT THE MEDAL GO GO GO

I'm doing my part. Have 4 email addresses available.

c-murph

Did a 10 pull because I'm weak... Got an Ursula with 9 trash medals... Fuck. Shoulda resisted.

I still have like 37K saved up for iKairi 2 though. Should be enough for a 10 Mercy Pull.

c-murph

Oh man, decided to do a three more pulls.

I ended up with Key Art #3, another Illustrated Kairi, Illustrated Mickey and a 3 pip Boosted Illustrated Leon!

I gotta stop or I'm going to spend everything. lol

Psxphile

One more pull. No screenshot but got an HD Sora and iLeon w/ 3 pips. Also, at long last, finally max guilted my DiZ, lol. *tosses into trash*

Between iRiku and HD Sora I think my upright Speed game has significantly improved. Now I need to farm Fantasia Mickeys since all these pulls have drained my reserves, good thing for that 0AP.

c-murph

Just spent the last hour leveling and combining everything. Still wanna do one more pull though... Fucking SENA. Guaranteed they put iKairi up after this banner. Basterds.

EDIT: Fuck it. Fifth and last pull...

qmsU0YP.png

3 pips on HD Roxas and X&V.

Credo

The more I see people post their pulls, the harder it is to resist. But I'm going to assume I'd have the same result Schadenfreude did and get jack shit. I'm on a major jack shit streak. Just have to wait one more month!

Psxphile

If it makes you feel any better I won't be getting the full benefit of all these great pulls for quite a while, I'm severely lacking in chipmunks and Cid medals right now.

Most of these new medals are just going to sit in my inventory and rot until I can bring them up to speed.

Nope. If you've been one turning everything, then do a different round. If that's your only one, stock up on medals with APP+, defense boost, and a healer.

My best attack medals are still meowjesty (even though the statues are magic) with buffs and WoFF squall.

I'm stuck on round 180 in tier 11. I could finish without one turning everything but don't want to risk the statue stage.

What's APP+?

I can kill one, but then the second one I have no special bar left.. I really need a medal that gives me special bar back..

Just spent the last hour leveling and combining everything. Still wanna do one more pull though... Fucking SENA. Guaranteed they put iKairi up after this banner. Basterds.

EDIT: Fuck it. Fifth and last pull...

qmsU0YP.png

3 pips on HD Roxas and X&V.

Danng, as good/better than my first pull. I didn't know a 5 star could be boosted.

So...........

I pulled only one so far.

I woke up in the morning, grabbed my phone, saw the banner, did a pull and ....lol...

And this is what I got...

d0xZCD4.png

3 dots on all 6 star medals except for HD Riku.

I think this is probably the best pull I've ever done. It made my morning/day.

I wanna do another pull, but I know it won't be anywhere as good.

I have pulled twice since this, and have gotten meh pulls. lol
Really want to guilt a 5 pedal.

So the Union news made me log in my launch account for fun.

Pretty cool to see all these presents from a year ago, like free maintenance jewels and promotions.
Didn't think they'd retroactive all that stuff.

I have 30k jewels and no clue where to proceed. :*/

deanote666

What's APP+?

I can kill one, but then the second one I have no special bar left.. I really need a medal that gives me special bar back..

Attack prize plus. It's a skill added to a medal. There's attack prize +, attack boost II + attack prize plus, and attack boost iii + attack prize plus. You have to either get them as a prize in the coliseum or buy an avatar board that has them.

The ability fills the gauges back up more than normal. Refill based on the enemy and number of enemies (I think). Copter fleet and non-raid bosses basically guarantees max gauges. Most enemies range between 1-4 extra gauges when activated.

Minnie and Daisy from the last VIP boards refills 4 gauges.

Key art #1 refills 7 gauges. ikairi ii will fill 10 gauges when it is released.

I roll with 2 attack boost ii + attack prize + on my treasure trove keyblade.

c-murph

Mickey and brooms coming eventually. Comfirmed at paxeast.

Figured they were coming eventually. They just didn't want to make it too easy to guilt Tier 4+ medals and give everyone super strength... But since they'll be the norm soon might as well release them with the new Anniversary update.

So the Union news made me log in my launch account for fun.

Pretty cool to see all these presents from a year ago, like free maintenance jewels and promotions.
Didn't think they'd retroactive all that stuff.

I have 30k jewels and no clue where to proceed. :*/

ngl all these results make it incredibly tempting to pull

but like

I have 31k jewels and I could go even higher

Save them, my dudes. I'm gonna get back to 30k for the anniversary and then our time will come. As tempting as this banner is, it's shit compared to the glory of the anniversary events that are surely coming.

Joqu

img_0339uxsff.jpg

Did a 3rd pull, anniversary banners be damned. Thank god for that iRiku, I'm finally managing with my speed medals now. Pleased with that Mysterious Figure too.

Mickey and brooms coming eventually. Comfirmed at paxeast.
Aww, I was looking forward to complaining about brooms after catching up

Bummer

Credo

Funny thing is I've been hearing about the fabled Brooms for I don't know how many months now, and I still don't know what it is. Would I rather have it or iKairi/iKairi2 given the choice?

Azuran

Banned
Funny thing is I've been hearing about the fabled Brooms for I don't know how many months now, and I still don't know what it is. Would I rather have it or iKairi/iKairi2 given the choice?

They're medals like Cid and Mirrors that allows you to add one pip to any medal.

How many of each evolve medal should i farm to be comfortable for a very long time?
Alternatively, how many cheshire,merlins etc do I need to keep, out of inventory space atm.

Psxphile

Xaldin B is going to be a Reversed Speed? Okay.jpg

How many of each evolve medal should i farm to be comfortable for a very long time?
Alternatively, how many cheshire,merlins etc do I need to keep, out of inventory space atm.

I keep 80+ of each of the good fairies. Once you're done guilting farmable Tier 1 medals you really don't need Cheshire/Merlin/Godmother much anymore... until the next farmable mdeal event introduces more 1/2/3 star medals, Still, you occasionally get those evolve medals as drops so I keep an inventory slot for them... I have between 40 and 60 of each.

Credo

They're medals like Cid and Mirrors that allows you to add one pip to any medal.

Ohhh ok. I just assumed it was a super powerful attack or buff medal the way everyone talked about it. And now that I know what they are, I agree with Psxphile that they'll be locked behind VIP boards.

I keep 80+ of each of the good fairies. Once you're done guilting farmable Tier 1 medals you really don't need Cheshire/Merlin/Godmother much anymore... until the next farmable mdeal event introduces more 1/2/3 star medals, Still, you occasionally get those evolve medals as drops so I keep an inventory slot for them... I have between 40 and 60 of each.
Meant with the vip quest, had gp credit which came with my phone so I thought it'd be better to use than waste time grinding for them during the week when I don't have time.
I have
500 mickeys,600 yen sids,400 fgm,400 merlin,400 chesire and 500 of each fairy level . Thinking I should get some more storage but not sure.I'll delete my chesire,merlins and fgm to 200, I was running low on them after farming them to 100 each a couple of moinths ago but yeah now that i think about it , most of them were used on the farmables and combining old tier medals to save space.

Also, is moana worth a defense boost 1? I don't have any defence boost medals atm since sebastian with sp1 is my buffer. Moana gets used in Divine rose which is my strongest keyblade, but I don't know if its worth putting it on her with 87% guilt.

Lastly, should I just throw Atack boost All 2 skills on anything I don't use , I've never used the skills, dunno if they might have some use in proud mode though.

Azuran

Banned

Oh come on, my power set up is completely garbage so I was hoping Xaldin would have helped me out with that. At least make it Magic if they're going to be changing things around. This is the now the fourth reverse speed medal we have gotten from these events.

Malyse

Hey wait.

Actual story spoilers

If Union X is based on the premise of Ava choosing 5 *dandelions* to become the leaders of new unions, then that right there is the split from the [chi] browser game. In [chi], Player never joins the dandelions, Player stays behind and fights in the War. So you being a union leader and part of the dandelions is a big change from the previous story.

deanote666

Daily jewel quests return along with event coin based avatar boards and VIP Belle and the Beast medal quests.

XIII event starts but you all knew that already.

Daily jewel quests return along with event coin based avatar boards and VIP Belle and the Beast medal quests.

XIII event starts but you all knew that already.
Dude!!!! If you buy tomorrow's weekly deal you get a total of 5800 jewels! Add to that the Belle and Beast medals and that's a great deal for 14.99.

Top Bottom