• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Epic Yarn announced [N-CONF]

GeeDuhb

When I saw the first 5 seconds of the trailer, I started laughing. Then, I think I said oh shit out loud. After watching it again, I am really anticipating it! As others have said, very interesting are direction. And the gameplay looks legit, too. Very impressive, Nintendo!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
real talk. Kirby is one of nintendo's most consistently interesting series. This looked really great. mad hype over here.

This was probably the best thing Nintendo showed. Really exciting. The new yarn whip gameplay seems to replace the previous eating enemies gameplay. Want more.

Treb

Glad to see Kirby coming back on a console! Hyped! This plus Donkey Country Return = 2D Gaming bliss.

I was watching this in a pub with a friend, filled with hot babes, and we didn't give a fuck that we were smiling to what probably looked like a cartoon for 4yr olds to them.

So awesome.

Not so keen on the character look (outline) but I like the concept. Reminded me a lot of the visual style of Yoshi Story and a bit of Yoshi's Island in the way you changed into vehicles.

Man, where the fuck has Nintendo been this gen! Damn they back!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Looks absolutely amazing. Although, it coming out this year makes me believe this is going to be short game.

Gilby

yencid said:
LOVED LOVED LOOOOVVED IT! only thing i dont like is the whole EPIC thing in titles

Normally I would agree about "epic" being overused in modern society, but the play on words in the title + the fact that this game is like my childhood in game form means I'll accept it.

CassSept

My favourite surprise of the whole conference.
Hopefully this one come out, the last time Kirby was announced it disappeared mysteriously.
This one seems to be far in development though.

It's funny that in a press conference with Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus it was Kirby that truly tugged at my heart strings. I mean, they all look great, but when they showed the footage of this game I was literally laughing out loud and rambling happily to myself like a contented hobo.

Ydahs

One of the best looking games ever. Seriously, I cannot think of a game with such an amazing art style.

And I never cared about Kirby!

JWong

Banned
It looks great and definitely looks like it'll play great.

I'm not sure how it is controlled. Maybe that yarn whipping is a Wiimote flick?

Gilby

Ydahs said:
One of the best looking games ever. Seriously, I cannot think of a game with such an amazing art style.

And I never cared about Kirby!

Agreed, but I did care about kirby, my sister and I played kirby 3 co-op endlessly. The visuals+voice+co-op was like nostalgia/happy childhood feeling overload :D

Tiktaalik said:
I'm actually not that big of a kirby fan but this game looked really awesome. I'm super interested.
I've never been much of a Kirby man either, but Canvas Curse is one of my favorite DS games and this looks like it's tapping into the same vein of creativity in a different way. And needless to say the art direction is incredible. Graphically it looks like the spiritual successor to Yoshi's Story, which for as ho-hum as it was on the gameplay front still had some fantastic visual design.

Devs are doing an amazing job with art design lately. This, the new Rayman game, Epic Micky and that Sunset stage in DKC: Returns are all looking gorgeous.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's a great time for 2D games, that much is true.

Marvie_3

Banned
Epic Yarn looks beautiful. I was always a big fan of the Kirby series and I'm really glad they're bringing it back to consoles like this. So awesome. :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The art style in this game looks soooo awesome. Hopefully the challenge level is akin to Kirby Super Star.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The last Kirby game I played was the one on the SNES. All I can remember is that you played as Kirby (duh), jumped around the place and could collect a ridiculous amount of treasures. It was awesome.

I really can't wait to get my hands on this.

Boney

Banned
makingmusic476 said:
Artstyle is incredible, and grappling around looks fun, but why is he not sucking up enemies? Can he not transform at all?? Wtf???
I don't care actually.. lasso looks amazing

Top Bottom