• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Epic Yarn announced [N-CONF]

b.e.r.g

:D I love the look of this! Seems to have some rather neat gameplay as well. Rather new to Kirby, but will check this for sure!

TreIII

I want this. NOW.

It may not be that 4 player Kirby saw so many moons ago...but....looking at this, it's worth it. And I'll be getting this along with DKC with the quickness.

*huggles NSMBW* Thank you....you've brought 2D platforming back in style! :D

jman2050

Reports of the death of the 2D platformer have been greatly exaggerated.

GOTS for me so far, I'm so getting this day 1.

bon

Words can't describe how happy I felt while watching the trailer for this. It's the Kirby game I never knew I wanted.

LCfiner

I love, love, LOVE the art style in this game.

from Kirby’s outline form to the stitched together worlds. it’s absolutely beautiful.

And Nintendo’s strong focus on painterly art styles this conference is not just smart (as it compensates for technical limitations in the Wii) but also inspiring and absolutely delightful.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I can't decide if it looks better or not than the new Rayman (which looks fucking amazing), but it is a great new take on Kirby, and I like it.

Features:
•The look of the world is stunning, but it's also interactive. Pulling on stray threads might reveal hidden areas. When Kirby literally goes behind the scenes, the virtual fabric warps and bends to show his location.
•Thanks to his versatile yarn composition, Kirby can take on a variety of forms both in his common actions and when he transforms into powerful vehicles. When Kirby dashes, he zips around as a car. In water, he turns into a submarine. At times he can even transform into a massive robotic tank, a UFO and other vehicles.
•Two players can play through the entire game together (additional accessories required and are sold separately).
•Gems and collectible items are scattered throughout the environments for players to find.

ss11.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss10.jpg

Swag

Vizion28 said:
Epic Mickey is not made by Nintendo.

Yeah I realised that after I posted :lol, but still curious as to why it's being added to these games.

Is it a new buzzword?

Gilby

Sebulon3k said:
Yeah I realised that after I posted :lol, but still curious as to why it's being added to these games.

Is it a new buzzword?

"Epic yarn" is an english colloquialism.

Rebochan

I wasn't entirely sure if I'd go for this - I've been looking for a proper Superstar successor for years. But then I saw him start tugging threads and pulling around the environment. Wow.

I'm cool with this now.

Sagitario

Looks awesome!

I'd loooooove a Yoshi platformer with this style to complete the 2D platforming goodness! Seriously, Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Klonoa, Wario, A Boy and his Blob, the WiiWare games... only Yoshi's missing...

Soloist

Neo Member
OMG this looks amazing and it's sooo cute :)
The style is amazing in a magical way. Hopefully it's almost as awesome as canvas curse.

d+pad

Wow, the best game of Nintendo's conference for me. It looks great!

Does anyone know if you can play it using just the Wiimote (held sideways a la NSMBW)? I hope so!

Top Bottom