• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Epic Yarn announced [N-CONF]

This is one of the most simply beautiful games I have laid my eyes on.

Cute overload!

guinea_pigs_nomrace.gif

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Green Scar said:
See, this is how you avoid people complaining about the graphical limitations of your system- you make games that can look awesome FOREVER. Kirby is back :D

QFT. This will look just as gorgeous twenty years from now.

sfried

Graphics Horse said:
Where's the INHALE? This isn't Klonoa damnit.

Looks fantastic otherwise.
Perhaps the reason why the world is threaded up: They took his mouth away!

Edit: Nope, looks like his mouth is intact, but can't inhale because he doesn't have mass.

Cosmozone

The visually most impressive game from the conference. Looks great, but only one visual theme for a whole game isn't quite enough methinks.

Wii has the least powerful hardware this generation but still manages to have some of the best looking games, all thanks to smart use of the system and amazing art; more horsepower just can't make up for that.

This game was the most impressive game, on a gameplay level, that I have seen throughout all of E3. Fantastic fantastic.

But way too pink.

GhaleonQ

So, you know how I whined like a bitch about how companies know how to use 2 kinds of animation and aren't tapping into the decades of animation innovation before them?

*taps Nintendo/Sora on shoulders* *zips up mouth*

Oh, and between yarn, crayon, sprites, ink, watercolor, and colored pencil, Kirby is now officially among the most interesting series of all-time, visually. Who'd have thought?

harSon

Banned
I'll definitely be purchasing a Wii within the coming months, Nintendo is currently on an amazing spree and I plan to join along for the ride. Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong Country and this... it all looks so god damned amazing.

GhaleonQ

harSon said:
I'll definitely be purchasing a Wii within the coming months, Nintendo is currently on an amazing spree and I plan to join along for the ride. Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong Country and this... it all looks so god damned amazing.

Just don't forget the great stuff from the past from 3rd party developers. Nintendo's 1 for droughts, if you haven't noticed, so reward those who pushed through it.

This is meant as a compliment, but there is a slight little big planet vibe from it (the feeling that a creative kid might have assembled the game itself). It's very cute :)
Big big hopes for that game.

Now THATS how Paper Mario should have looked like. Physical textures like a cut out playground, i've wanted something like this since Yoshis Story. Sweet.

TheUsual

Gold Member
At first I was like "Huh?" with the art style, but that quickly turned into "HELL YES." The environment interaction with pulling that thread to pull parts together was awesome. Want this!

tim1138

Absolute day one, this looks like its going to be well worth the wait.
I just can't get over how clean the graphics look, it's impressive why people can squeeze out of the Wii when they know how to work the system.

sammy

This is the coolest shit i've seen in a really damn long time. it warms my heart to see new ideas with 2d mechanics!!!

no words, should've sent a poet

big_z

nintendo is really embracing art style this year and it's paying off. the games this year look fantastic and this is the first time im excited to play a traditional kirby.

Goldmund

This game has me the most excited. I get a Yoshi's Island vibe from the level design, its dynamics -- so naïvely creative. The visuals are unique, too. Really, my favorite game of e3, so far.

Prax

I was dying of cute overload when I saw this.

I MUST have this game now!
Great style, great use of game mechanics from what I've seen, and KIRBY!

Takao

Banned
What a hideous name for such a beautiful game.

I did read the title as "Epic Yawn", and it felt like it would work in the Kirby universe.

Celsior

So does this one have co-op, it seems like the clear thing in the later part of the trailer is your friend and kirby co-op is so good.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So, did anyone else first think "Kirby: Epic Yarn, wow that sounds stupid" only to go "wait...its Kirby's Epic Yarn, oooooh, okay, thats much better"

Top Bottom